List of pets by speed?

100 Human Mage
Wowhead's pet battle database is a case study in how to make something both totally ineffective and also irritating to use.

So is blizzard's database.

There doesn't seem to be any other options.

Is there a way to see, in simple table format, what pets have the highest speed/attack/hp?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
From the FAQs, Links, Macros, and Addons thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmW2Ya5JlIBIdG5Ud0xEaEtvNTdKanhDRUptUFRHR3c#gid=0

Since this is a google spreadsheet, you should be able to sort however you wish.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
I agree the database is far from perfect. Some ways to provide essential information would be:

1. Include the health-power-speed numbers at level 1 in parentheses, e.g. (161-12-10) so pet quality can be compared no matter what level they currently are.

2. Make a battle pet collection achievement for each zone listing all the pets found in that zone and the level range for pets in that zone. Put an asterisk next to pets unique to that zone.

That would allow you to know when you have finished collecting in a zone and know where to go for pets of a certain level. Collecting a pet, like a rat, found in many zones, would count toward that achievement in many zones.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
@ungorojoe - while I agree that having that information in the Pet Journal would be awesome, right now it does exist on several websites (they are listed in the FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons thread, along with brief descriptions).

Warcraft pets is currently in the process of updating their extensive database to show the battle stats of all the pets. Wowpedia and Wowhead have listing of all the pets in the game. Wowhead has a map of where pets spawn in zones. There's a forum post with a break down of every pet in every zone (as well as a macro to list what you do and do not have). Perks and Peeves broke down each zone by pet level.

The information is out there - it's just scattered. However, it is listed in one single thread in this forum.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmW2Ya5JlIBIdG5Ud0xEaEtvNTdKanhDRUptUFRHR3c#gid=0

Since this is a google spreadsheet, you should be able to sort however you wish.

Do you mind posting actually helpful links and not shameless self-pandering? Not only is that a link to a topic you made in a transparent attempt to "boost your views", but it's also literally not even relevant--it's just a google doc that somehow manages to be less informative than wowhead's pet list.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior

[link removed]

That spreadsheet doesn't include speeds.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I apologize - I honestly thought it did include speed. However, it's not my list and when I initially looked at it, I thought it contained more information than it did.

However, the rest of my post does contain useful information. Warcraftpets is in the process of updating their battle pets information. I apologize if I seem like I'm "self-pandering". There's a lot of information available in my thread that people keep asking for/about over and over. Hence, why I made a thread consolidating all the information currently available.

Of course, instead of waiting for someone else to do the work for you Indarys, you could do it yourself.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I could actually make something like this when I get the data I need.

For now though, know two things:

1. Wowhead's listed stats for pets are very wrong. I don't know what they did, but they did it wrong.
2. There are three pets tied for highest base species Speed: the Cheetah Cub, the Sapphire Cub, and the Zergling. I know for a fact that the Cheetah Cub and the Sapphire Cub only have the "fastest" nature available to them. However, while these are the highest two natural pet Speeds, Miniwing is technically the fastest pet in the game during battles when above 50% due to the Flying passive.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
I'm confused does it have an upper and lower value for each stat per pet?

Because not every pet has identical stats right? They can be attack speed or health focused as well as poor common uncommon rare?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]