New to holy..help please!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey all,

As the title says, I am new to holy (leveling as ret for now but planning a switch soon...especially for 90 pvp). I recently made a holy spec and have the gear for it..I read that it is possible to level holy. Unless I am doing something wrong, I completely disagree. None of my attacks hit for over 10k and there is no dps holy power dump. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone leveling as holy tell me your rotation?

Any help/advice will help a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Denounce hit for 15k and crit for 30k. Glyph for holy shock it's gunna hit for 13k and make your denounce close to instant cast. word of glory can hit for 12k. i can pull 12k dps in instance if i dont heal and everyone is toppped off, not bad for a healing spec.
Edited by Maderon on 10/1/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey all,

As the title says, I am new to holy (leveling as ret for now but planning a switch soon...especially for 90 pvp). I recently made a holy spec and have the gear for it..I read that it is possible to level holy. Unless I am doing something wrong, I completely disagree. None of my attacks hit for over 10k and there is no dps holy power dump. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone leveling as holy tell me your rotation?

Any help/advice will help a lot.

Hi Spektro,

A few things to make sure you have if you want to have a Holy "dps" leveling spec.

- Make sure all your gear is intellect gear, not strength.
- Prioritize int > crit > haste > spirit > mastery for gemming and enchanting.

As for your Holy Power dump check out this:

Glyph of Harsh Words

Use Holy Shock off of cooldown and spam denounce. Often in Heroic Dungeons of this tier I'm able to out DPS an under performing DPS class with proper use of cooldowns.

Cheers,
Eleiko
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]