Heroic Leap

90 Gnome Warrior
is it just me or did the failure rate of heroic leap go up when the patch hit?

i can no longer jump downhill, not to save my self from falling damage but for some reason i can jump to really high places even when the targetting thingy is red

everything else is just "path not found"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
You can't jump over things.

Heroic leap actually works way better now.

Sorry you feel the opposite.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I do feel like if I jump off a cliff, Heroic leap will no longer save me.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Warrior
I only jump off of cliffs when I have a target to charge to. Much safer than trying to time a heroic leap.
Reply Quote
We just need that Glyph of Chopperstorm, so blade storm gives us slowfall.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/01/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Gorgannan

That's because your latency is preventing you from reacting fast enough for the move to register with the server.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/01/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Theodorr

That's because your latency is preventing you from reacting fast enough for the move to register with the server.

No, I don't think so. My latency--assuming we are talking about the metric for network speed here and not framerate--is in the low 60ms and Heroic Leap is a lot worse at that in particular. Moving over the little hills or having a tiny hill in the way makes it even worse.

But I'm an engineer so its not a problem I'd just like the ability to at least work as crappy as it did previously.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
i have some footage of what it is i mean (heroic jumping to where no sane person would even try to heroic jump, and failing where it should not be failing), trying to get it to youtube soon
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Rogue
10/01/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Jaime

That's a complete waste of a root breaker and damage dealer in bg's. Although the idea is nice, maybe Bladestorm used when falling has a separate CD.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

That's a complete waste of a root breaker and damage dealer in bg's. Although the idea is nice, maybe Bladestorm used when falling has a separate CD.

I don't think he meant to have Bladestorm give you slowfall instead of dealing damage, but in addition to dealing damage. Which is a really awesome idea.

EDIT: Oh durrh, you meant it's a waste of a CD. I'm smart.
Edited by Thresh on 10/5/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
No idea what you are talking about, Heroic Leap saves me from the instakill falling damage from the shortcut to the last boss in heroic Nuizao Temple. Saw a dk follow me and plunge to his death last night... made me chuckle.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/01/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Nugget

No, I don't think so. My latency--assuming we are talking about the metric for network speed here and not framerate--is in the low 60ms and Heroic Leap is a lot worse at that in particular. Moving over the little hills or having a tiny hill in the way makes it even worse.

But I'm an engineer so its not a problem I'd just like the ability to at least work as crappy as it did previously.

o.0 Are you serious? I was talking to someone about how his move isn't getting off before he died, and you are talking about not being able to jump over things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]