Shaman can't use swords...

90 Draenei Shaman
We're still calling that lore, huh? Panda's can teach 10 races how to be a monk and not teach Shaman how to use swords? I'm just asking because it seems odd.

No? Just me huh? Ok fine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I dont necessarily want swords. It just bothers me that Monks can use Axes, Maces, Fist Weapons, and Swords, AND Two handers.

Shamans have been asking for either swords or making 2h weapons a viable options. I'd rather take 2h weapons.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
Problem with it is that it needs to be enhancement only else I believe ele/resto can grab every type of caster weapon, while the others have limits.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I dont necessarily want swords. It just bothers me that Monks can use Axes, Maces, Fist Weapons, and Swords, AND Two handers.

Shamans have been asking for either swords or making 2h weapons a viable options. I'd rather take 2h weapons.

I wish you knew what statements like that did for Shaman progress. "See, some people don't want swords."

10/01/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Zephel
Problem with it is that it needs to be enhancement only else I believe ele/resto can grab every type of caster weapon, while the others have limits.

That's very easily fixed given the new spec system. I hope you were just being pedantic.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Making enhance work with 2H weapons would not be trivial as the spec is designed for DW with two imbues and lava lash. I would love the option, don't get me wrong.

Setting enhance to allow swords would take 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
You must have never watched old school late night kung fu flicks kid =)

Monks weapon usage is perfect...

Shamans have Axes, Maces, and Fist, and that's plenty...

Quit trying to blur the lines and QQing so you can use EVERY weapon in the game.

Move along nothing to see here.
Edited by Ningos on 10/1/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Making enhance work with 2H weapons would not be trivial as the spec is designed for DW with two imbues and lava lash. I would love the option, don't get me wrong.

Setting enhance to allow swords would take 5 minutes.

Again bluring the lines, these kind of ideas are killing the game (homogenization) , "Waaa Waaa QQ I want to be a special snowflake Waaa Waaa".

At this point let's just remove Weapon limitations, heck let's allow Mages to use Bows, Priest to use 2h melee DPS weapons and Druids a big 2h Axe.
Edited by Ningos on 10/1/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Please stop trolling.

There is a reason for this beyond the cosmetic. Enhance has a notoriously difficult time getting weapons. There seems to be a slow agility sword every tier that we can't use. The devs specifically gave rogues the ability to equip axes to fix this problem, but then continued to itemize agility swords.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Please stop trolling.

There is a reason for this beyond the cosmetic. Enhance has a notoriously difficult time getting weapons. There seems to be a slow agility sword every tier that we can't use. The devs specifically gave rogues the ability to equip axes to fix this problem, but then continued to itemize agility swords.

And a bad troll at that considering I don't care what Monks can or can't use.

I think the idea that the anti-swords crowd always list "fists" as an option is exactly the problem. Fists, to me, seem to have a table presence of half that of swords at least. But who cares, at this point, Enhancement shouldn't be the sole outlier. Either melee have equality among the options (stats not withstanding), or they don't. But this artificial disbursement of swords because Shaman can't use them is absurd. If it were a valid option then they would prevent warriors, DKs, Rogues, and Monks from having a weapon as well.

They don't, and its primarily because of "lore." Well I don't care if we continue on with that, just know that this one remaining vestige of Vanilla-restriction absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Couldn't they just find a way to make daggers viable for Enhance? Like a passive that makes weapon imbues reduce the weapon speed of all weapons (or just daggers) to 2.60?
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
10/01/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Thundahstahm
That's very easily fixed given the new spec system. I hope you were just being pedantic.

I'm just explaining, I've seen the suggestion plenty of times since the ZG/ZA patch and even T11, nothing that hasn't been gone over before.

I've always figured enh should have sword access, wouldn't hurt them, could chop daggers off since enh doesn't use those. Hasn't happened yet though, kinda gave up on it happening in all honesty since now 2/3 of the agl DW specs use swords now.

The only other real solution is just removing the weapon type restriction on transmogging 1h weapons and having a sword that rogues/monks can mog with on a vendor for JP or something while axes/fists/maces drop in raids/dungeons.
Edited by Zephel on 10/1/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They need to give you swords so they'll start making more meaningful agility swords.
Reply Quote

1: blizz always likes to pamper there new found toys so they give them more options for weapons and spells. live with it.
2: swords w/e axes mace and fist weapons are enough, though 2 handers would be interesting just make it where they can have 2 imbues on them and maybe change how wf procs work on a 2hander to even it out.
Reply Quote
How many agility swords drop in the new raids?

None?

Oh.

How many int swords drop in the new raids?

One?

Oh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
How many agility swords drop in the new raids?

None?

Oh.

How many int swords drop in the new raids?

One?

Oh.

Whats your point? Because to me this was an off-topic, irrelevant statement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think the point is, they're clearly not trying to get this to work, and its probably not worth the effort, etc. Also like they pointed out with warlock green fire, this may not necessarily be as easy as it seems. And even if it was, they will need time and people to test to make sure there are no bugs.

I really have no opinion on this matter, as long as they don't take my caster sword. Jerks. I already have to strangle the mages in my guild (of which there are only alts, muahaha).

PS i vote that this isn't worked on until they make casters able to use their weapons while casting. That'll result in much more awesome animations.

All in all, I give you my vote of "meh".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Since Cata Blizzard has made strong attempts to make daggers the "GOTO" weapons for Rogues, especially looking at Rogues legendary daggers (the Sinister Strike fix). In DS there there wasn't a single agility based sword on the main loot tables, and good luck on seeing this trash drop: Spine of the Thousand Cuts. Far as Hunters in Cata they put a lot of focus on us using Polearms or Staves, unlike in previous expansions where we could viably rock 1H'rs. Perhaps the OP is a new Shaman and forgot Blizzards last sweep of adding extra weapons to certain classes (Druids:Polearms, Rogues:Axes and maybe one or two that I forgot). Which the Rogue:Axe change was just as benefiting to Shaman's since they could justify 1H Agi-Axe drops on the loot table (Looking at you Deathwing loot table).

I understand some people want to make certain changes to the game to compensate their personal desires, but you really have to think about the integrity of the game... Over the years people have been begging Blizzard to blurry the lines and in a result it's caused more bad then good and that's why you OP are not a game designer, leave that up to the pro's to decide. Blizzard needs to stop catering to whiners, I'm trying to show no disrespect but that's the only way I truly see it. I have to ask, where does it end? Seriously... Where does it end? Ever class and spec can viable us every single weapon in the game? I hope to god Blizzard stops listen to silly request like the OP.

But carry on and keep asking Blizzard for more Homogenization, I mean we really need more of it.................
Edited by Ningos on 10/2/2012 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=qu=4;sl=13;minle=489;maxle=496;cr=21:79:36;crs=1:3:1;crv=0:0:2

This tier is actually fine, the only two slow agility weapons are fist weapons, which can be used by combat rogues, enhance shamans, and monks. Will that hold up? Past experience says no, but we'll see.
Reply Quote
39 Gnome Monk
I'd love swords for my shaman. It's part of the reason I ditched Enhancement this expansion, swords are my preferred weapon in every fantasy game, unless it's a good 2H battle axe that has some sort of bleed effect (which doesn't really apply to this game anymore).

Maces are boring. 1H axes feel silly to me. Daggers just don't look right half of the time (and I doubt they're itemized for Enhancement).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Since Cata Blizzard has made strong attempts to make daggers the "GOTO" weapons for Rogues, especially looking at Rogues legendary daggers (the Sinister Strike fix). In DS there there wasn't a single agility based sword on the main loot tables, and good luck on seeing this trash drop: Spine of the Thousand Cuts. Far as Hunters in Cata they put a lot of focus on us using Polearms or Staves, unlike in previous expansions where we could viably rock 1H'rs. Perhaps the OP is a new Shaman and forgot Blizzards last sweep of adding extra weapons to certain classes (Druids:Polearms, Rogues:Axes and maybe one or two that I forgot). Which the Rogue:Axe change was just as benefiting to Shaman's since they could justify 1H Agi-Axe drops on the loot table (Looking at you Deathwing loot table).

I understand some people want to make certain changes to the game to compensate their personal desires, but you really have to think about the integrity of the game... Over the years people have been begging Blizzard to blurry the lines and in a result it's caused more bad then good and that's why you OP are not a game designer, leave that up to the pro's to decide. Blizzard needs to stop catering to whiners, I'm trying to show no disrespect but that's the only way I truly see it. I have to ask, where does it end? Seriously... Where does it end? Ever class and spec can viable us every single weapon in the game? I hope to god Blizzard stops listen to silly request like the OP.

But carry on and keep asking Blizzard for more Homogenization, I mean we really need more of it.................

Wow, angry so early and for no good reason. I'm not whining, I'm saying we should have more consistency. Shaman seem to be the games Lore keepers insofar as we're maintaining Vanilla era policies. One of those policies seems to be a meaningless restriction on weapons.

I am aware what Axes going to Rogues meant for Shaman. And that was nice, but let me frame the argument this way, if all swords are going to be +Str anyway, why do Shaman needs a weapon restriction. OR - why don't we restrict all of the agility based classes from using swords?

This is not a matter of homogenization or personal desires. Its a fundamental concept in game philosophy. Until there's equality, the chance of discrepancy remains ever-present and possible through lack of attention. What I mean to say is that should they not think about swords being low-priority, add one or two, leave out an axe/fist we're back at square one with Shaman being second class characters.

And when you ask the question I did above, you have to either conclude that the system is out of date, or that there is an ulterior motive. For me, I just think we've been something of a neglected class. Or an afterthought. I get the impression that the developers aren't really sure what to do with us sometimes. And this is one area that expresses that.

I can see from your post you seem to be angry about some other things: homogenization; whiners; the transmog crowd. But thats not me. I don't want pigtails, or portals to cities. I want more comprehensive game philosophy that prevents some of the loot-table problems we've seen prior and with the current system, its very possible to prevent Elemental and Resto from getting swords of any stripe.

We need to stop pretending Enhancement Shaman will be overpowered with Frost Shock and a Windfury Weapon enchant on Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Edited by Thundahstahm on 10/2/2012 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]