Unacceptable lengthy server queue times

Blizzard,

This is really ridiculous. Second day in a row now I have not been able to level my character because of 2-3+ hour queue wait times just to login. What am I paying you for? I cannot play the game I am paying for every month and spent money buying an expansion I cannot even enjoy. I have been very patient. But this is ridiculous. I would like to be contacted by a Blizzard representative immediately. Either from here at the forums, email or my phone number. Either way, I want to be contacted. It is completely unacceptable that I am losing valuable leveling time because of your server queues. I shouldnt have to pay to transfer to another server, nor do I want to move. I have a good guild I am with. I made a lot of friends. And all my RL friends are on this server. There is no reason I should have to deal with this. I want some sort of compensation for my loss of time. You know, some of us have to work and have responsibilities that prevent us from being able to play whenever we want. So I shouldnt have to spend most of my night waiting to get logged in. I expect some sort of compensation, and I dont want money or time free. I want the same amount of leveling time that I am losing, that I could be spending. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. No excuses. I am sorry for going on a rant here but my patience is finally worn its welcome. If the company I work for did business like this, there would be no business to run.

I would appreciate a response one way or another.
Edited by Intentions on 10/1/2012 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Intentions
I would like to be contacted by a Blizzard representative immediately. Either from here at the forums, email or my phone number

That isn't going to happen.

Your option to deal with the illidian queue times at this point is to take advantage of the free transfer off of the realm. Otherwise at this point there is nothing else you can do.

Either use the free transfer, or wait for the queue timers to go down.

10/01/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Intentions
I expect some sort of compensation, and I dont want money or time free. I want the same amount of leveling time that I am losing, that I could be spending.

That isn't going to happen either. As I said, just take the transfer off of Illidian if you don't want to wait in the queue.
Edited by Bavra on 10/1/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661/Free_Character_Transfers_Available-9_26_2012

I understand moving carries a lot of considerations, but in my opinion it's your best option. Better yet would be to get your friends and guild to move with you, of course.
Edited by Bashiok on 10/1/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Suck it up, or use the free transfer option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You must have posted on the wrong toon, OP. Cause I haven't had a queue for Dragonmaw since Burning Crusade. Maybe even BEFORE that.
Reply Quote
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll. The mains are on a populated server.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this. This is overly frustrating. Why should I have to transfer and start over on another server because no one wants to do anything about this?
Edited by Intentions on 10/1/2012 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
We could use your population on Blackwing Lair. Badly. Send 1/4 of the server to us so we'll have someone to play with.
Reply Quote

This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this.

Post on your main buddy.

As someone from Frostmourne, the que is TOO DAMN HIGH! But seriously, 3 hours to login when I get home from work is fairly ludicrous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this.

Your Illidan mains?
Reply Quote

Your Illidan mains?

Yes.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Intentions
My mains are on another server.

Yeah we can see it's Illidan. And Bashiok just showed you the only solution available.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

And something has been done. They offered free server transfers off of Illidan. You have 3 options.

1. Take the server transfers
2. Stay on Illidan and put up with the queue
3. Quit
Edited by Shigar on 10/1/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Then if you want to be taken seriously you would tell us what is your main server. A blue already posted, responded and provided a free transfer option for servers with high queue times.

If I was home I would most certainly call you out on your main with the firefox add on, and tell you the blue already addressed your complaint.
Reply Quote

Post on your main buddy.

As someone from Frostmourne, the que is TOO DAMN HIGH! But seriously, 3 hours to login when I get home from work is fairly ludicrous.

Lets see, I got home and logged in at 5:11 PM, it is now 8:08PM and still have 42 minutes to go in the queue
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Post on your main buddy.

Lets see, I got home and logged in at 5:11 PM, it is now 8:08PM and still have 42 minutes to go in the queue

You guys should totally swap servers, you're unlikely to run into huge queues if you play on a server that has a different prime-time. I play on KT from NZ and the biggest queue I've seen was 20 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

And something has been done. They offered free server transfers off of Illidan. You have 3 options.

3. Quit

Thats still a bad solution. Why not have overflow servers? Like guild wars. Thats something they did right.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
There's really nothing

Post on your main buddy.

There's not much to really _be_ done. The servers are beyond capacity. They government doesn't compensate you for time lost when you are stuck in a traffic jam even though you pay taxes in order to have access to them.
Reply Quote
Again, I do not see how transferring servers is the right answer. Or a valid solution. And I have been more than patient.

I guess it really doesnt matter to those who have nothing to do BUT play WOW and beat the queues. I wish I had that luxury.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

3. Quit

Thats still a bad solution. Why not have overflow servers? Like guild wars. Thats something they did right.

Overflow servers sounds like a great idea at a glance, but WoW isn't really structured to support them as I understand it. GW2 was built from the ground up with that in mind, whereas they would need to be retroactively inserted into WoW. Look at all of the issues with CRZ, and then imagine it with shifting entire servers.

To add some context for my PoV; I play on Kil'jaeden and have just as long of a queue as you do daily. You know what I do with that time? Constructive things around my house that I usually put off because of WoW.
Edited by Zayrinoke on 10/1/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager

It's not fun to wait in queues, I hit them myself from time to time. People tend to 'clump up' to play with friends or join guilds on specific realms, and then everyone comes back for expansions or even new patches. We'll pretty commonly see queues hit a couple hours. The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes, which is why we offer free character transfers when queues get too high.

With the advent of BattleTags and cross-realm zones, being on separate realms from your friends actually doesn't mean much as to your ability to talk and interact with them. Of course the best solution might just be trying to get everyone to move with you.
Edited by Bashiok on 10/1/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]