Unacceptable lengthy server queue times

(Locked)

There's really nothing

Lets see, I got home and logged in at 5:11 PM, it is now 8:08PM and still have 42 minutes to go in the queue

There's not much to really _be_ done. The servers are beyond capacity. They government doesn't compensate you for time lost when you are stuck in a traffic jam even though you pay taxes in order to have access to them.

Poor example. I do not even know why you would bring that up. Cant help human ignorance on the roads.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Intentions
This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll. The mains are on a populated server.
Been posting on this toon-- my main-- for years now. Have yet to be ridiculed.
90 Human Death Knight
Free transfers in themselves do not enough because you end up with people hoping the other guy leaves, a lot fewer leave then should, and frustration abounds. Free transfers have been out for what? A week? Sill queues.

Either put some true incentive behind server transfers (free month of wow if you take the transfer) or look into increasing capacity either by an inverse CRZ (spillover servers) or some other form. Blizzard crossing their fingers and hoping enough people either quit or server transfer is silly and counterproductive.
90 Troll Shaman
There's really nothing

There's not much to really _be_ done. The servers are beyond capacity. They government doesn't compensate you for time lost when you are stuck in a traffic jam even though you pay taxes in order to have access to them.

Poor example. I do not even know why you would bring that up. Cant help human ignorance on the roads.

I pretty solidly disagree.

-You are using something you pay for access to at peak hours.

That sentence accurately describes both situations. So does:

-You are forced to wait to use them for a long period of time due to the time at which you choose to use them.

Is it realistic to expect the government to go around and make all of the roads 20% larger? Of course not. But there are tons of other, less-used roads available if you want to use them instead...

You are just saying its a poor example because you disagree with it.
87 Draenei Mage
I look at it like trying to get blood from a rock... no matter how much you want another solution, there is none. The blue has answered twice about this and so no matter how much you want something else.. then you are going to have to find a way around it. Move, if you have people you play with, get together with them and move together.
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
Blizzard,

This is really ridiculous. Second day in a row now I have not been able to level my character because of 2-3+ hour queue wait times just to login. What am I paying you for? I cannot play the game I am paying for every month and spent money buying an expansion I cannot even enjoy. I have been very patient. But this is ridiculous. I would like to be contacted by a Blizzard representative immediately. Either from here at the forums, email or my phone number. Either way, I want to be contacted. It is completely unacceptable that I am losing valuable leveling time because of your server queues. I shouldnt have to pay to transfer to another server, nor do I want to move. I have a good guild I am with. I made a lot of friends. And all my RL friends are on this server. There is no reason I should have to deal with this. I want some sort of compensation for my loss of time. You know, some of us have to work and have responsibilities that prevent us from being able to play whenever we want. So I shouldnt have to spend most of my night waiting to get logged in. I expect some sort of compensation, and I dont want money or time free. I want the same amount of leveling time that I am losing, that I could be spending. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. No excuses. I am sorry for going on a rant here but my patience is finally worn its welcome. If the company I work for did business like this, there would be no business to run.

I would appreciate a response one way or another.

I see no issue. Downtime is included in your subscription, so there shouldn't be any false sense of entitlement with your money.
This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this.

It's not fun to wait in queues, I hit them myself from time to time. People tend to 'clump up' to play with friends or join guilds on specific realms, and then everyone comes back for expansions or even new patches. We'll pretty commonly see queues hit a couple hours. The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes, which is why we offer free character transfers when queues get too high.

With the advent of BattleTags and cross-realm zones, being on separate realms from your friends actually doesn't mean much as to your ability to talk and interact with them. Of course the best solution might just be trying to get everyone to move with you.

Again, this is not a solution. This is a bandaid to a bigger problem that you guys never seem to want to help out with. I do not want a xfer off my server. I am very happy there. And there is no way any of my friends would move. Its not an option for them.

This is why I am giving the forums a try since I knew calling you guys directly would be a waste of my time. You would think you guys would be more motivated to want to keep your customers happy.
90 Human Paladin
10/01/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the advent of BattleTags and cross-realm zones, being on separate realms from your friends actually doesn't mean much as to your ability to talk and interact with them. Of course the best solution might just be trying to get everyone to move with you.

Some of us might consider moving (I'd _LOVE_ to get off Moon Guard, btw), but given you have no bundle deals on character transfers, and the fact that between my mom and I, we have a guild (that we would lose), a transfer is just not feasible.

Now...

If you could move my entire guild and all 22 of our characters from Moon Guard to another, lower-pop realm for a reasonable price ($300+ is not "reasonable" by any means).. well then... we'd be talking.

But last I heard, even the free xfers do not apply to guilds. I don't want to level our guild from Level 1 to Level 15 all over again. Not to mention, re-gain its achievements (the 100k critters took freaking FOREVER with just her and I) and re-buy the bank tabs, and all of that other stuff.
Edited by Hirai on 10/1/2012 5:24 PM PDT
Free transfers in themselves do not enough because you end up with people hoping the other guy leaves, a lot fewer leave then should, and frustration abounds. Free transfers have been out for what? A week? Sill queues.

Either put some true incentive behind server transfers (free month of wow if you take the transfer) or look into increasing capacity either by an inverse CRZ (spillover servers) or some other form. Blizzard crossing their fingers and hoping enough people either quit or server transfer is silly and counterproductive.

Everyone should read this. This guys speaks truth. Server queues seem to be unavoidable, even my co workers and friends on other medium-low pop servers are suffering from server queues. Xfers really arent a valid solution. I really hoped something would be better addressed than a bandaid solution. But, I should learn not to be optimistic about someone wanting to actually help.
Edited by Intentions on 10/1/2012 5:29 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin

Everyone should read this. This guys speaks truth. Server queues seem to be unavoidable, even my co workers and friends on other medium-low pop servers are suffering from server queues. Xfers really aren a valid solution.

Not to mention there's lots of casuals who have their own guilds who don't feel like losing their guild (and all the hard work they put into it).
10/01/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Hirai

Some of us might consider moving (I'd _LOVE_ to get off Moon Guard, btw), but given you have no bundle deals on character transfers, and the fact that between my mom and I, we have a guild (that we would lose), a transfer is just not feasible.

Now...

If you could move my entire guild and all 22 of our characters from Moon Guard to another, lower-pop realm for a reasonable price ($300+ is not "reasonable" by any means).. well then... we'd be talking.

But last I heard, even the free xfers do not apply to guilds. I don't want to level our guild from Level 1 to Level 15 all over again. Not to mention, re-gain its achievements (the 100k critters took freaking FOREVER with just her and I) and re-buy the bank tabs, and all of that other stuff.

Blizzard, are you reading this?
100 Dwarf Mage
10/01/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Hirai

Now...

09/26/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Bashiok
Although free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, these free character transfers will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided the guild master completes a paid Guild Master Realm Transfer to the destination realm first, and does not change factions.

So if you wanted to transfer your guild, you'd only need to pay for the GM's transfer, the other members could use the free one.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Bashiok, Illidan has gotten up to over 3,000 people in a queue the last couple days, which is about 4-5 hours of standing in line.

It's just insane. There's got to be something you can do about it. I'm not going to move from my realm that all my characters and friends are on.

Edit: Now, if I could choose what realm to transfer to, that would be a different story. Has that been considered?
Edited by Mech on 10/1/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Bashiok, Illidan has gotten up to over 3,000 people in a queue the last couple days, which is about 4-5 hours of standing in line.

And counting.... Still waiting
90 Goblin Hunter
Right now realms are congested more or less because the folks who have left due to boredom during cata have returned to try MoP. Give it about a month and folks will start leaving again I'm sure as they always end up doing due to boredom and ques times should shorten or even stop all together in some cases.
87 Draenei Mage
10/01/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Intentions
Either put some true incentive behind server transfers

I'm sorry I imagine that the 5 hour wait time would be incentive enough for me. It's not up to Blizzard to make you decide if you're willing to wait or not.
86 Human Warrior

And counting.... Still waiting

I cannot fathom why anyone would want to be on a server that full. Different strokes for different folks lol
90 Dwarf Paladin
I understand the suggestion Blizzard is offering about realm transfers is certainly preferable for you guys, but it doesn't resonate with the player base. I moved from a smaller realm TO Stormrage because my guild couldn't recruit adequate players to fill a raid. Now, with Mists out, I'm facing 30-60 minute queues every night. To add insult to injury, I finally logged on tonight after a 30 or so minute queue, got up to take a quick bio before I got fully engaged in wrapping up my run to 90, and came back (after maybe 3-5 minutes) to find that I had been disconnected. When I logged back in, I was placed BACK in the queue at position "62", but the wait was, once again, 10 minutes.

What is wrong with implementing overflow servers to allow players to log in and quest until their assigned realm queue comes up? I know of a couple of other games that have done this and with the implementation of CRZ, I don't see why it couldn't be implemented here. Seems preferable to encouraging players to play with their guilds / friends / well-populated realm from across on another server.
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/01/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Bashiok

Being on the same server as your friends still means something though, and that's enough to deter people fom transferring that would be leaving their friends behind. If you want to do normal/heroic current-tier raids, arenas/RBGs, or even be in the same guild as your friend then you still need to be on the same server.

The thing I would like the most in this game is to be able to do the things I just mentioned with friends cross-server so that they can play on a server with the ruleset they prefer and I can play on a different server with a different ruleset that I prefer. In the end, it would allow those that are only on a server because of their friends to transfer to a server they prefer while still being able to do everything they could do together before.
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 10/1/2012 5:38 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]