Unacceptable lengthy server queue times

(Locked)

90 Draenei Hunter
I'd consider leaving Tich if the free transfer would put me on a lower pop server in the same bg. Sure there is nothing wrong with Dark Iron but I mainly play on Bloodlust since the server group is closer to me than having to settle for ones in the midwest.
Finding that a lot of people want to be able to transfer from Frostmourne to some other realm that isn't Gun'Drak. Seems like everyone in the Oceanic realms wants to be on FM because it carries all of the benefits of a high-population PvP server (great economy, world pvp, great guild opportunites)..

Perhaps you need to come up with another way to better level the populations of the other realms? Free transfers from the highest population realm to all of the others? (That might work, but I'm certain Blizzard have thought more about this than I have)

Anyway! I've resorted to remote login from work before I leave in the afternoon to jump in the queue for when I get home.
98 Tauren Druid
Que times? bah, you high pop servers are silly.
85 Draenei Shaman
The free server transfers are not a real good solution. In my main's case, the two server options are dead for my faction. So I would end up paying for a server transfer anyways due to a dead server/economy. Dead servers need to be closed and then actually offer transfers to decent servers. I think KT and Alterac Mountain is good. High Pop to a decent medium pop. More free transfers need to look like that and not High Pop to dead server because it ends up being a no win situation.
Edited by Cynix on 10/1/2012 9:17 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm getting so sick of hearing blues suggest to change realms. If I wanted to change realms, I would. The fact that the only thing that Blizzard is willing to do is to open FCMs is incredibly pathetic. Blizzard seems bent on destroying any sense of server community.

Maybe I am wrong but I refuse to believe that there is nothing Blizzard can do to increase server capacities.
87 Draenei Mage
10/01/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Cynix
The free server transfers are not a real good solution. In my main's case, the two server options are dead for my faction. So I would end up paying for a server transfer anyways due to a dead server/economy. Dead servers need to be closed and then actually offer transfers to decent servers. I think KT and Alterac Mountain is good. High Pop to a decent medium pop. More free transfers need to look like that and not High Pop to dead server because it ends up being a no win situation.

I will agree with you here, this is the only thing I would change. Let free transfers happen to anywhere you want, ...with maybe an exception to another very high server?
90 Pandaren Mage
Played on Illidan since day one, I can tell you that queues will get pretty ridiculous at times with expansions or new raid patches but it generally dies in a month.
90 Orc Shaman
Just managed log onto Illidan. Started the queue at 7:10 PM PST and got in at 9:23 PM.
90 Human Priest
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll. The mains are on a populated server.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this. This is overly frustrating. Why should I have to transfer and start over on another server because no one wants to do anything about this?

oh my my, HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!

people on low pop servers cry about server xfer fees, and the fourms tell them "pay up or shut up!"

now high pop servers are crying about server xfer fees, WELCOME TO DIE MOTHER F******!!!!
90 Human Warrior
/shrug

Play the character you're posting on, OP. When I get off work at night, I hit Hyjal and level my shaman. When he caps I'll bring him over to Kil'jaeden. By then the queues will be over until the next expansion.

Queues are a fact of life for the high population servers around expansion time. It's a bummer, but you either need to learn to live with it or you should take up Bashiok's offer of a free transfer.
Edited by Taelen on 10/1/2012 9:31 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
Note: Exact population numbers for ptr or beta realms are not posted, listed, or given anywhere and certainly not by anyone from blizzard.

What I find interesting are the numbers we do know, as of September 2012 there are ~9 million subscribers, currently 246 US servers, and according to http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us the total population of all realms is around 3.5 million characters. I am aware characters ≠ subscribers. Just to be safe I will REALLY low ball that to 2 million subscribers for US which seems very low but again low balling it. So 2 million subscribers ~ 3.5 million characters, and 2 million subs across 246 servers is ~8000. We know those numbers aren't spread equally as close to 2/3 are medium pop and the other 1/3 are high and low pop.

I know not everyone plays on the ptr as only a fraction of them do but my point is US PTR has 2 servers, with 1 of them always be high pop and the other usually low or medium. Even if 10% of the 2 million do play on ptr, that's 200,000; or how about 1% 20,000. Are we to believe that 20,000 people could log in to 1 PTR server out of all US subscribers, and yet certain normal high pop realms have 3+ hour wait times? Seems to me like regular server blades should be upgraded to PTR server blades to get rid of queue times or allow more people to transfer to popular realms if they want to, not the other way around.

Just as an extra example, beta had 5 total servers for 1 million beta accounts. It is pretty safe to assume not all of them played the beta or were not online all at once but still even for 20% of those that's still 40,000 per server.

Stop using the excuse about server load and use some of that $10/month x 9 mil subs money to upgrade servers / condense populations / cut some low pop servers / and allow anyone to play without queue times.
100 Troll Mage
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll. The mains are on a populated server.

Are you seriously stupid enough to think that people would even give you enough of their time to log into your server just to "ridicule" your main? Yes. Yes, you are. It's sad that you don't understand the simple concept of queues.

You chose to roll on a high pop server. Your bad.
90 Human Paladin
Heh, no Free Transfers for Moon Guard.

But yet we're seeing queues every stinking night past 5PM EST.

You chose to roll on a high pop server. Your bad.

When I rolled on Moon Guard, it was a medium pop server that very rarely ever had queues. This was way back during Burning Crusade.

Now, you have to sit for an hour+ to get in every evening.

Thank God I play on two different servers, but with the way things are going, my progress on the other server is going to be way ahead of my progress on this one because I can't play during evenings. Even if I do get in, it takes 30min+ to do a single quest sometimes.
Edited by Hirai on 10/2/2012 5:51 AM PDT
90 Orc Mage

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661/Free_Character_Transfers_Available-9_26_2012

I understand moving carries a lot of considerations, but in my opinion it's your best option. Better yet would be to get your friends and guild to move with you, of course.

Here's my beef with that.

I picked Illidan specifically because it was one of the largest servers in the game. The massive amount of people, the uber-fast AH, the hundreds of nightly PUGs - these are reasons why I love Illidan.

It went from zero queues to having to wait for 2 to 3 hours for a spot. I don't want to transfer to a random dead realm; I want to play with the mass of teeming people on Illidan. Once more, I want to do it conveniently.

Surely there are ways around these queues. Coming home after a hard day of work, or class, and sitting down to play some WoW only to find that you are # 2759 in line is pretty depressing.

My 10 cents.
Edited by Ashinobu on 10/2/2012 5:57 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
I'm sorry for the ppl who because of other circumstances have only the choice of a free xfer to move off Illidan. Not sure what the destination realm is like, but I know no-one in their right mind would choose the Oceanic version (Gundrak) for Frostmourne, and I imagine it is the same for Illidan.

I made a toon on Gundrak about 3 yrs ago because it was in the habit of being one of the first realms up after maintenance (lol). It was so depressing to be in even then, I gave away my stuff and deleted! Some realms are, imo, beyond resuscitation!

It would be nice if target realms were securely viable. The free transfer window could be v brief to stop them being overloaded. It might even bring Blizz some extra coin from ppl who missed the free transfer window but wanted to move with their friends later.

Currently ppl on Frostmourne (and Illidan it seems) have Hobson's choice. You can stay put with horrible queues or move to a broken realm. Or... you could pay to move - but a) some are unable and b) some are unwilling to reward ($) what they consider unsatisfactory service.

[Edit: I would even suggest a free 'move anywhere' window on the v high pop servers - with a limit of say 200 total transfers (Account lev, multiple toons on one account would be considered 1 transfer. With other v high pop servers locked) I reckon it would stimulate demand for paid transfers by those that miss out.
Edited by Jimindar on 10/2/2012 6:24 AM PDT
100 Worgen Druid
I've never had que times on my server ever before this expansion, it's kinda weird. But I haven't had a que for a few days now.. But I've only been playing later at night these last few days.

Telling someone to give up their server, their guild and their friends to play on another server which they don't even have a choice of is not a good solution, in my opinion. Yeah we have cross realm just about everything now but there might just be a shred of community left. Remember that? Community? That's something that has taken a back seat next to this CRZ nonsense as of late. Either way I know I wouldn't want to leave my server.
All you people telling him to get over it or suck it up should just be quiet and maybe, just maybe, try to show a little empathy.

To OP I suggest just waiting it out. Eventually there will be less people logging on, I'd imagine.
Blizzard can't really do much for you at this point because they cant stop all those people trying to log on at once. They will not compensate you because it says in the ToS that your access to the game might be limited at times, due to one reason or another.
100 Goblin Priest
Come to Runetotem, we have cookies.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]