Unacceptable lengthy server queue times

(Locked)

90 Undead Priest
10/04/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Bashaka
The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes,

Does Blizzard outsource it's IT infrastructure? Why aren't you making use of the increasingly popular "as a service" consumption models available from many hosting organisations? These consumption models allow you to scale infrastructure up and down as you see fit and pay for only what you are consuming. Is this not the obvious way to go when experiencing hardware strain during peak times?

Double post inc.

This only address half that statement. The game content is designed with X number of players in mind. If Halfhill had twice the players on it that it does now it would be even more hellish.
90 Troll Druid
I would normally call this guy unreasonable for being so uncompromising, but unfortunately, just like him I feel that the options offered by Blizzard are not the best from a player standpoint.

I understand completely how servers and game engines are built with a maximal capacity, and that messing with the number of players on the server would make the experience unpleasant for more gamers.

But being given the choice to go to underpopulated servers, with horrible pugs and out-of-whack economies that go with such a move, is hardly a solution.

If you were offering free move from select servers to any other servers within the same battle group with medium population or less, I think more people would be inclined to do it. But going from the best servers in the game to the very lame ones that are offered will not help Blizzard keep its player base happy, although I doubt Blizzard is concerned with player happiness.

Personally, I can't wait until I find another game to replace WoW with. And it's not because I don't love WoW, because I do. In the end, the arrogance and lack of transparency Blizzard (or should I blame Activision?) offered me when dealing with them have made me very resentful.

PS: If you don't like the queue times, don't try calling their customer service number. If you must, the do it in Spanish if you can, it's faster ;)
90 Human Priest
Oh my goodness just transfer
she bought just regular chapstick again, it's so infuriating because i always say 'make sure to get the medicated kind'. i mean is that really that difficult to understand??
90 Night Elf Hunter
Still zero queue on my server, even during prime time.

You guys are welcome to xfer, its pretty fun and cool here.

Our AH has reasonable prices, people are fairly friendly, etc.
1 Gnome Priest
It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes, which is why we offer free character transfers when queues get too high.

Is CRZ a feasible solution to this problem, given that you can spin off additional servers on loaded zones, which theoretically might allow you to relax some of the maximum players that can login at one time restrictions.
90 Draenei Mage
Why not just join pairs of high traffic and low traffic servers into one realm. Indeed I thought you were doing that. As an alternative temporary fix allow players from high traffic realms to log in on either the high or low traffic server with all their data including AH shared across realms, and further to do so with any characters from any server WOW1, WOW2, or WOW3 until you get this major inconvenience you created straightened out. As a final alternative just allow free WoD and free play on any lower level server transfer to max level for people willing to give up their homes.
100 Blood Elf Priest
stop necro'ing old threads
Edited by Smellyfeét on 11/13/2014 1:29 PM PST
90 Draenei Mage
After waiting hours in to log in you are disconnecting us and making us get back in queue.

As an example of how that effects us just consider what happens to our prices and availability of mats in any high traffic AH compared to any low traffic AH over that period of time let alone with a permanent transition. Many of us work and have lives with limited periods of availability for gaming
woah necro
100 Draenei Shaman
same poop different day though
Edited by Grenade on 11/13/2014 1:41 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
10/01/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661/Free_Character_Transfers_Available-9_26_2012

I understand moving carries a lot of considerations, but in my opinion it's your best option. Better yet would be to get your friends and guild to move with you, of course.

This is kind of insulting considering they are no longer available. Kinda like saying "You were too stupid to not transfer then when it was available."

You're better than this, Bashiok!!!
100 Undead Monk
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661/Free_Character_Transfers_Available-9_26_2012

I understand moving carries a lot of considerations, but in my opinion it's your best option. Better yet would be to get your friends and guild to move with you, of course.

It does... I have a 30 min wait at the moment.
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Wow... Thats the reply you give this guy.. I'm canceling my Sub.
90 Gnome Priest
this thread is 2 years old
100 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Gideon
This is kind of insulting considering they are no longer available. Kinda like saying "You were too stupid to not transfer then when it was available."

This thread is OVER TWO YEARS OLD.
100 Tauren Druid
WOW that necro!!!

WTB forum ban
71 Orc Hunter
11/13/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Gideon

That post was made 2 years ago. Try reading.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]