<Astalder> Recruiting for 25man Raiding

90 Blood Elf Priest
Astalder (www.Astalder.com) is a 25man progression raiding guild, established in 2009. We went 8/8HM in 25mans in Cataclysm after our 5 month break during DS, and after achieving a handful of class realm firsts to 90, we have started raiding in Mists and are currently 1/6 in Vaults. While raiding is our main focus, we house many Casual and PvP oriented players.

Raiding:
Our main focus in recruiting is to replace players with less than desirable attendance or skill, with great players who can maintain a high commitment level. We do not mass recruit for bench slots, but raid spots are competitive and everyone has to earn their full time position.

We promote a professional, non nerd raging way of leading but do hold people to a certain standard of performance. At this time we have 1-2 CORE, full time positions for competitive DPS

Schedule:
■ Tuesday, 6:30pm - 10:00pm, PST
■ Thursday, 6:30pm - 10:00pm, PST

■ Wed may be added in for a few additional hours during initial progression
** Invites are at 6:00pm **

■ Sat/Sun: Casual 10man runs, Off night hijinks

Considering:
■ Skilled Tank (Has to be able to make 100% of our raids)
■ Raid heals (Disc, Resto, Mist)
■ Elem Shaman
■ Shadow Priest
■ Hunter
■ Boomkin
■ Warlock
* Players of exceptional skill are always welcome to apply*

Basic requirements:
■ Everyone who applies must be age 19+, no exceptions.
■ Raiders must be able to maintain 100% raid attendance, outside of emergencies.
■ Adept at your class. We will look at your gems, enchants, reforging on your armory.
■ The ability to listen and speak on voice chat (Mumble) during raids, if you raid with us.
■ A computer and internet connection that can handle 25man raiding.
■ Drama free zone! We don't babysit peoples personal lives or friendship circles.
■ Laid back and not easily offended. Does contain adult humor and topics.

Rated Battlegrounds:
In Cataclysm, our casual RBG team went to a 2k+ rating on a 1-2 night schedule. We plan to have a competitive team for Mists. PvP is never mandatory for membership, but those who sign up for the RBG team will be under scrutiny when it comes to gear, ability and commitment levels.

Casual/Social Members
We are open to the casual player who just doesn't have the time or interest in raiding, but wants to hang out with adults and enjoy their online time with fun people. Our casual rank also allows for those who are just coming back to the game or prefer to play alts instead of commit to a raiding schedule. There is no time commitment here, but everyone is open to our alt raids.

The guild in general is extremely social. We hang out a lot together while running instances, doing old content for achievements, and spending a majority of our online time in Mumble. We are only looking for active, intelligent and interesting players who enjoy gaming for the game and personal challenges. Ego driven, loot !@#$% types need not apply. Our guild is very tight knit and very welcoming to exceptional players who have a team first mentality.

For more information or to apply (yes we actually have an application process!), please visit our website.

In game contacts: Aimeri, Alisyn, Alderaek, Imaburr, Sanzy
Edited by Alisyn on 10/6/2012 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
brb rerolling hunter
Edited by Zaane on 10/30/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
New yummeh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Did whats his name get at you yesterday?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I want to marry Felicia Day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
See, I don't get it. Maybe the nerd side gets her hot points, I can agree with that. But.. other than that?

Ok the red hair too. Maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think she's kinda cute. But Idunno, she has a weird face to me. Overrated imo.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
See, I don't get it. Maybe the nerd side gets her hot points, I can agree with that. But.. other than that?

Ok the red hair too. Maybe.

Quirky adorableness...and she's beautiful! The whole gamer girl thing doesn't do a lot for me...but...since I'm pretty restricted as to where I can REALLY married...I think I should just go for her. Y/Y? xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh noes!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Edited by Zaane on 10/30/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Insane fight on 25 is insane. 53; has a sad. :<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I know!! But we had a fun night!! \o/

We'll get that 53k more done the next night.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
This fight is so much more difficult - AND FUN - on 25m. Did it on 10 when it was on beta, and dumbed down.

Shoulda been on Mumble when he had it down to 1%. I haven't felt so exhilarated about an encounter in...ever.

You all should definitely join in on the fun!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/02/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Greasewald
This fight is so much more difficult - AND FUN - on 25m. Did it on 10 when it was on beta, and dumbed down.

Yeah, 10's are kinda ... I don't know. It's never been real raiding to me. We'll get it all done on 25's, as we always have. \o/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Falling asleep, but work soon.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
It's all personal preference, I think...10 versus 25. But 25s are simply more fun/challenging because of the maintaining 15 extra people...in my opinion.

I like 10s too, though~

Tonight we kill!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Free bump from an ex-guildie on Moon Guard (Deftones), good luck on progression, I can definitely see you guys being the new kings of PvE on WrA!

Astalder was a stand-up solid group of people on Moon Guard (one of the few non-RP guilds that were) and your presence here on WrA is most welcome.

If you ever wondered what happened to me, I had to take a very long break from WoW due to RL issues.

When did you guys come over from MG?
Edited by Vartrius on 10/3/2012 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We took a break for about 5 months from the game as a guild and landed here back mid summer. Most of us were feeling burnt out after raiding for 7 years.

Thanks for the support! =)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Dead dog things. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
30% on Feng; enough for the night. ^.^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]