Umm except you don't need rep to buy JP gear. So your whole argument is invalid.
Until recently, there were ilvl 489 epic rings, cloaks, necks, and bracers being sold for JP locked behind rep. That gear is still available now, but was changed to cost VP. The fact that they now cost VP changes little. Rep is still required for the best pre-raid items. My whole argument is not invalid.
Please keep in mind, my initial post was written prior to any of the changes they have implemented.
10/04/2012 07:33 AMSince you posted on your L50 alt (like a puss) I can't tell if you've even run them but I am seriously questioning if you have in fact been running them every day.
Posted by Sarvan
First off, I posted this on my one and only level 90. Not sure how you missed that. Secondly, I have NOT been running them everyday. I will not spend my limited game time on a part of the game that is made miserable by several small compounding issues.
Pro tip... Quit expecting the world to be given to you. Work for what you want and quit crying about having to work. If you dont want to work then go watch a movie or something...
You do realize that wow is a video game, right? It is supposed to be fun, not a way of life. I am willing to earn gear just as much as the next guy, but forcing players to grind through a miserable experience for a month....that is not playing a fun game.
As I have clearly stated several times, each individual issue on it's own is not a big deal. But when you force the vast majority of people into a single quest hub to complete unnecessarily long quests for multiple weeks, the competition gets out of control. Everything gets needlessly dragged out.
Today's announcement changes very little. It is still the case that anyone interested in any kind of PvE progression will still need to do the same 8 quests for Golden Lotus, along with hundreds, if not thousands, of other people every day. Helping alts and cutting the requirements from revered to exalted will not help anything immediately. Instead we should be seeing solutions like the following:
1) Remove the VP requirements for reputation gear or remove the reputation requirements from VP gear. An item should cost one or the other, not both.
2) Give people another option for gaining rep. If you are concerned with people blowing through it, cap the amount a player can gain in a week. Just let people play the way they find most enjoyable.
3) Open Shado-Pan and August Celestials so that rep can be gained without the bottle neck of Golden Lotus.
4) Reduce the number of mobs needed to kill, items to be gathered, persons to be freed for each individual quest. A daily quest should be to "help the war effort by..." not "kill every mob in this camp".
5) Make dailies give the normal amount of rep (250).
These changes will help the players immediately and the rewards will still be earned. I am not asking for free items, I am just asking for a way to get the best pre-raid gear that does not involve pulling my hair out each night for a month.