Compounding issues with MOP reps

100 Human Warrior
10/03/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Loans
IT REMOVES THEM FROM YOUR LOG >

that may be a bug. I had some dailies carry over. i was able to turn them in the next day AND I was able to pick up the new dailies for that day. Maybe mine was a bug? Maybe yours was? Both are different from the way they used to work.
Reply Quote
The system is flawed. I have 8 months worth of dailies to do on all of my characters and that is being generous with the times and how many rep factions their are.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Personally this has been the best expansion to date. Although you might have people agree with you on these forums I would bet the majority of people are fine with these changes. I personally have played this game since release and love how things are set up. I dont mind grinding rep to get what I need. If I could say anything negative about the game it would be that I wish that reps were account wide instead of toon based..

Now in response to your numbers....

1) Waaahhhhhh
2) Waaahhhhhh
3) I believe this was changed yesterday was it not? If not... Waaahhhhh
4) Waaahhhhhh
5) Waaahhhhhh

Pro tip... Quit expecting the world to be given to you. Work for what you want and quit crying about having to work. If you dont want to work then go watch a movie or something...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
From the dictionary...

Require (verb):

1. to have need of; need.
2. to call on authoritatively; order or enjoin to do something.
3. to ask for authoritatively or imperatively; demand.
4. to impose need or occasion for; make necessary or indispensable.
5. to call for or exact as obligatory; ordain.

None of the stuff in game is "required" - you are not required to level, you are not required to run dungeons, you are not required to raid, and you most certainly are not required to play eleventy-billion alts.

Rather, all of the this stuff in game is "desired" by players, which is a totally different concept. If you desire something, I think you should have to do something for it. If I desire the Onyx Cloud Serpent (which I do), then I understand there are certain steps to be done before I get it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
While I sit here and read all your arguments about how "if you don't want to grind then don't grind rep" I constantly think to myself...... But I DO want to grind rep..... MORE than blizzard is letting me. The daily quests are pathetic and boring, take no skill, and are consistently giving us NO reputation. I don't know about everyone else here, but I have sat there and done the grind for the [Insane in the Membrane]. Reputation should have multiple other means to grind than simply just dailies, especially ones that are worth such little rep. Currently I am farming Ancient Guo-Lai Cache Keys to up my rep with the Golden Lotus further than I can with the simple dailies. The items that can be found in the cache also award a small amount of rep, but at the same time the keys are quite rare and it's almost like having 1-2 extra dailies that give you nothing for your hard work and effort. LET ME PLAY MY GAME AS FAST AS I WANT, don't restrict us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have a slightly different concern, as a dk tank, in the VP gear I need 3 off shado pan, 1 off august celestials, 2 off golden lotus, nothing off klaxxi.

So I have done the grind all the way through, revered with Klaxxi the first option got me nothing. Now I am honoured with golden lotus meaning I can buy myself rings, yippee. My helm, cape and trinket all off shado pan have to wait. Same with the gloves from august celestials. So I am capping vp every week and have to spend it on rings to keep from going over the 3k vp cap. That's rewarding, rings that are barely an upgrade as opposed to real rewards.

The worst part? I am only 324 shado pan rep from honoured and unlocking the items I really need but I have to wait for revered with golden lotus?

I can understand gating to keep us from the exalted rewards, it keeps that fresh and sets a long term goal on some vanity items, but blocking us from gear at revered just means we aren't getting rewarding for this daily grind.

Edit: I have no problem grinding, I do all the dailies, daily. Its my choice. Its the gating blocking me from the gear I need while I have unlocked useless gear I don't need. Other who can use Klaxxi wont be as frustrated.
Edited by Deathbyslak on 10/4/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
3) Reputation grinds are gated behind other reputation grinds
Shado-Pan and August Celestials rep cannot be gained until revered with Golden Lotus. This means if anyone wants rewards from Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, or August Celestials, they must grind Golden Lotus rep. I cannot think of a single reason any player interested in any kind of PvE advancement will not need to get revered with Golden Lotus. This results in hundreds, if not thousands, of players completing the same 8 quests every day. Competition for mobs/nodes/etc is beyond ridiculous.

This is not even close to true. I've run the Golden Lotus dailies every day almost since I hit 90 and I've never had any trouble quickly completing them. Is there some competition? Yes. It also makes it more exciting. The respawn rates are awesome. Since you posted on your L50 alt (like a puss) I can't tell if you've even run them but I am seriously questioning if you have in fact been running them every day.
Edited by Sarvan on 10/4/2012 7:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Deathbyslak
The worst part? I am only 324 shado pan rep from honoured and unlocking the items I really need but I have to wait for revered with golden lotus?

Get into a group and kill the Sha of Anger in the Summit and you'll get that rep to honored. It happened to me last night.
Reply Quote
It's not "severely flawed" if it's working the way Blizzard designed and intended for it to work which is, as they said, to slow down the crazy speed that people blow through the game. Even with these things, they're still blowing through the game with amazing speed. Sorry that you don't like it but Blizzard doesn't seem to share your opinion about them, and since they made their game.. well.. there it is.
Reply Quote
I won't do daily quest "rep grinding " and am willing to do only very little "solo questing" in general.

I started WoW mid-way through Cata where the most questing/rep grinding i had to do was for a head and shoulder enchant, which even that i felt was bad design and bored me. The shoulder one not being BoA meant only a couple of my toons ever got it. At least it was just a couple of enchants, not like it mattered more than a fraction of a percent for overall performance

Main point is I didn't need rep to trade JP and VP with the NPC's for the gear i needed to start raiding.

I quite enjoyed progressing and eventually getting 8/8 HM DS completed each week on multiple toons. I didn't like that DS had already started being nerfed when I got to raid level and was looking forward to having a serious crack at MoP HM raiding pre-nerfs, but...
From reading this and other threads I see how questing/rep dependent WoW used to be, with no Dungeon Finder and what not. Maybe WoW is going back to that model. That's Blizzard's choice entirely, it just means the game isn't for me. If the game is going back to that, guess my time PvE'ing in WoW is over.

Will probably stick around purely as a PvP'er though, but will find a different game for PvE.

EDIT: Oh, everyone who keeps mentioning how JP stuff now doesn't need rep: it's not the gateway to raid ilvl anyway, what about the VP gear.
Edited by Korrode on 10/4/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Garithel
Umm except you don't need rep to buy JP gear. So your whole argument is invalid.

Until recently, there were ilvl 489 epic rings, cloaks, necks, and bracers being sold for JP locked behind rep. That gear is still available now, but was changed to cost VP. The fact that they now cost VP changes little. Rep is still required for the best pre-raid items. My whole argument is not invalid.

Please keep in mind, my initial post was written prior to any of the changes they have implemented.

10/04/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Sarvan
Since you posted on your L50 alt (like a puss) I can't tell if you've even run them but I am seriously questioning if you have in fact been running them every day.

First off, I posted this on my one and only level 90. Not sure how you missed that. Secondly, I have NOT been running them everyday. I will not spend my limited game time on a part of the game that is made miserable by several small compounding issues.

10/03/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Mazokist
Pro tip... Quit expecting the world to be given to you. Work for what you want and quit crying about having to work. If you dont want to work then go watch a movie or something...

You do realize that wow is a video game, right? It is supposed to be fun, not a way of life. I am willing to earn gear just as much as the next guy, but forcing players to grind through a miserable experience for a month....that is not playing a fun game.

As I have clearly stated several times, each individual issue on it's own is not a big deal. But when you force the vast majority of people into a single quest hub to complete unnecessarily long quests for multiple weeks, the competition gets out of control. Everything gets needlessly dragged out.

Today's announcement changes very little. It is still the case that anyone interested in any kind of PvE progression will still need to do the same 8 quests for Golden Lotus, along with hundreds, if not thousands, of other people every day. Helping alts and cutting the requirements from revered to exalted will not help anything immediately. Instead we should be seeing solutions like the following:

1) Remove the VP requirements for reputation gear or remove the reputation requirements from VP gear. An item should cost one or the other, not both.
2) Give people another option for gaining rep. If you are concerned with people blowing through it, cap the amount a player can gain in a week. Just let people play the way they find most enjoyable.
3) Open Shado-Pan and August Celestials so that rep can be gained without the bottle neck of Golden Lotus.
4) Reduce the number of mobs needed to kill, items to be gathered, persons to be freed for each individual quest. A daily quest should be to "help the war effort by..." not "kill every mob in this camp".
5) Make dailies give the normal amount of rep (250).

These changes will help the players immediately and the rewards will still be earned. I am not asking for free items, I am just asking for a way to get the best pre-raid gear that does not involve pulling my hair out each night for a month.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The changes announced today were not needed. If you fix the underlying issue, the pain goes away. Fix the cause, not the symptom...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I love that they're holding people back.

In a couple months we'll all be revered/exhaulted with everything any way, then you will complain that there isn't anything for you to do.

Just do your daily quests and shut up... seriously it takes like 45 min to do just about every one in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I won't do daily quest "rep grinding " and am willing to do only very little "solo questing" in general.

I started WoW mid-way through Cata where the most questing/rep grinding i had to do was for a head and shoulder enchant, which even that i felt was bad design and bored me. The shoulder one not being BoA meant only a couple of my toons ever got it. At least it was just a couple of enchants, not like it mattered more than a fraction of a percent for overall performance

Main point is I didn't need rep to trade JP and VP with the NPC's for the gear i needed to start raiding.

I quite enjoyed progressing and eventually getting 8/8 HM DS completed each week on multiple toons. I didn't like that DS had already started being nerfed when I got to raid level and was looking forward to having a serious crack at MoP HM raiding pre-nerfs, but...
From reading this and other threads I see how questing/rep dependent WoW used to be, with no Dungeon Finder and what not. Maybe WoW is going back to that model. That's Blizzard's choice entirely, it just means the game isn't for me. If the game is going back to that, guess my time PvE'ing in WoW is over.

Will probably stick around purely as a PvP'er though, but will find a different game for PvE.

EDIT: Oh, everyone who keeps mentioning how JP stuff now doesn't need rep: it's not the gateway to raid ilvl anyway, what about the VP gear.

The funny thing is this, and I'm really NOT trying to sound like a smart alec, but all we heard last expansion (particularly from 'hardcore raiders') is that the game 'is too easy' and it's not fair that other people don't have to work for the same stuff I have. So now that there's actual WORK involved you claim it's too much?

Which do you want? Hard content or easy content? You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

That being said, as I've said before, I recognize as a player with many alts myself, the task of grinding multiple reps across multiple toons is a bit daunting. With that being said, GC has clarified there is something in the works to ease this burden, which is GOOD, and hopefully we'll just have to see what comes out of the ol' braintrust.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Theres already been a blue post about this and they said that they are actually making a way to fix this. Cry more bro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]