What Lovely Weather...

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I have 1/3 of the weather dependent pets (Baby Ape). What's the deal with no sandstorms in Tanaris and no snow in Storm Peaks? Is there a specific time I should be looking?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You need to offer a sacrafice to the RNG gods. They're extremely picky, however.

In all seriousness, sadly, the weather in this game is purely random.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll start a petition to rename Storm Peaks "Calm Mountain"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have to agree. I have only gotten one of the weather pets that being the sandstorm in Tanaris. I haven't seen a snow storm or rain for the baby ape.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What's interesting is in all my years of playing I've seen tons of sandstorms in Tanaris (I always thought it was fairly common since it was pretty much the only zone they'd get to show them off in) and rain in STV. Of course CRZ can mess with that now, but still.
The Storm Peaks however I've never seen snow in, not during the the height of Wrath or any time after. I didn't even think it could snow there...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I finally got a Baby Ape and what I noticed is that the weather pattern over Jaguero Island is not the same as elsewhere. If it's raining in Booty Bay, the sun is shining down on that island. I had to set my char flying over the island, with the view looking at the sky, while doing RL stuff. I'd visit my computer now and then to check the sky and touch a key to prevent being logged off. It took three or four days before I finally spotted rain and was able to get the Baby Ape.

I had similar issues with Dust Storms in Tanaris. Storm Peaks is the worst, though. I've had my toon flying over K3 for days without any sign of snowfall. Also, Storm Peaks has almost no battle pets. I've only seen a couple Arctic Hares since I started looking there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm not sure but I think the Sproutlings in Zhangar Marsh (Sporegar) only show up when it rains. Now in the marsh I waited half an hour looking for Glowcaps and there was a rainfall so at least I know that is working. For many people that is there only humanoid pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If there is a weather condition, it says so in the Pet Journal. Sporeling Sprouts show up at any time. It's just a lot of people looking for them and a slow respawn.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I SWEAR sandstorms are broken. I've likely checked 5-6 times a day, and never seen one. It's frustrating as I'm quickly running out of time to get that pet, and one just refuses to spawn!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i love the 4 times i've searched for a a silithid hatchling in a sandstorm for at least an hour without a single spawn ( thanks to CRZ), not to mention the 2 seasonal pets and the bugged eastern kingdom achievement keeping me from the zookeeper title.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
lol found a silithid hatchling just as i typed the above post
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10/11/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Marachan
lol found a silithid hatchling just as i typed the above post

Luuccckkkyyy. I waited in one that lasted nearly 2 hours yesterday without a single spawn/respawn. I assume someone there cleared them all out before I logged into my parked alt but no respawns throughout the whole time I was there made me sad.

EDIT: Ha, I guess coming on here and complaining about it works. Sandstorm in the same parked alt and was able to snag me one.
Edited by Valkira on 10/11/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I got the storm peaks one, but am missing the ape and silithid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I does not have to be raining in Zangarmarsh to get the pet; I got mine when it was dry.

I have the baby ape (rare!) but not the kit or the silithid. I have never even seen a single battle pet of any type available to tame in Storm Peaks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]