#1 shadow priest on server review

90 Human Priest
I just finished getting geared for raiding so I thought id take the time to write a few things that I like and things I think need improvement. first of all I love the changes they did for MoP, I love the random procs of MS and MB. Halo has to be my favorite spell in the game. The amount of utility we have is amazing, I have multiple times saved the tank from dyeing with my void shift and dispersion macro. The main issues I have is with the AoE, with my amount of gear I should easily be at least even with other players in AoE situations but I am not. I have been playing a priest for years and I have tried many different tactics to AoE but nothing really comes close. My suggestion would to either increase the damage of mind sear or to have mind sear spread VT or SWP. This is not a rage post I will continue to enjoy playing MoP and look forward to raiding on Tue.
Edited by Gregorh on 9/28/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I agree 100%.

I think we're on point for single target DPS thus far, but our AOE is horrible. I typically run 5-mans right now with a druid tank, frost DK and a hunter and I am just getting destroyed in DPS on AOE pulls.

The utility aspect is amazing though and I too have saved players many times already.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You're really going to claim to be the number one spriest on Quel'dorei...?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Im the #1 geared player on the server Nixxe and im not saying that to be arrogant, I'm saying it as a credential of why my review should matter because of the time I've put into the game.

The best way I've found Tampa is to SWP a few targets and MS and MB on one, but this only keeps the DPS even with others for around 10 secs until SWP drops off and then im back on the bottom.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
09/28/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Nixxe
You're really going to claim to be the number one spriest on Quel'dorei...?

I'm assuming he means gear wise... which you can look up on a site like wow progress.

But on the subject yeah I think shadow priest AoE sucks as usual. There was a point in cata where mind sear was really good. But then it was nerfed and has never gotten back to that point.

When you are doing dungeons you only have a few choices to AoE.... either multi dot and do a single target rotation... which works fine if the mobs aren't going to die fast, say a boss fight with high hp adds. But most of the time the adds die too fast and there's too few for mind sear to even be worth casting. Shadow needs a way to spread dots or something.

Not sure what the devs idea is behind AOE balance when they throw classes stuff like hunters serpent spread which does amazing damage and then shadow priests have to do a clunky multi dot which takes a ton of GCD's to even get to the point of being effective.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/28/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Gregorh
Im the #1 geared player on the server Nixxe and im not saying that to be arrogant, I'm saying it as a credential of why my review should matter because of the time I've put into the game.

Because after a whopping one week of heroics you had better RNG than some?

Now hey, everyone is free to offer feedback, but there's absolutely no value added to your somewhat inflated claim of being the "#1 shadow priest" on Quel'dorei, which would suggest you're the best player of that class and spec rather than the guy who just happened to get some better drops.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I just finished getting geared for raiding

Stopped reading there.
Edited by Mindplague on 9/28/2012 10:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest

Now hey, everyone is free to offer feedback, but there's absolutely no value added to your somewhat inflated claim of being the "#1 shadow priest" on Quel'dorei, which would suggest you're the best player of that class and spec rather than the guy who just happened to get some better drops.

That.

You look more like a lfr champion to me than a raider. And there is a huge difference. Secondly, the replies wouldn't be so hostile if you didn't come in here posting like you are better than everyone else cause nixxe said it perfectly.

Time in game does not = skill.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
My 3¢:

1. I agree that Shadow Priest AoE is on the low side (from my own experiences while leveling, and from logs, etc, provided by others). However, there are already a few threads about this issue.

2. When providing feedback, or a review, it's fine to bolster with some sort of credential (top geared, progression, what-have-you), but it should not introduce your argument. A more suitable, and palatable, thread title might be "Early Shadow Priest Review".

3. Please do your reader (which will include developers) a favor by making your post as reading-desirable as possible. Example:

Title: Early Shadow Priest Review

Body: I just finished getting geared for raiding so I thought I'd take the time to write a few things that I like and things I think need improvement.

First of all I love the changes they did for MoP: I love the random procs of MS and MB. Halo has to be my favorite spell in the game. The amount of utility we have is amazing; I have multiple times saved the tank from dying with my void shift and dispersion macro.

The main issues I have is with the AoE. With my level of gear I should easily be at least even with other players in AoE situations, but I am not (even against players with less gear). I have been playing a priest for years and I have tried many different tactics to AoE but nothing really comes close. My suggestion would to either increase the damage of mind sear or to have mind sear spread VT or SWP.

The main change in readability is breaking paragraphs to create better flow.

The topic is clearly defined and separated for focal attention. It can easily take on more flesh. Perhaps indicating awareness of how early on it is, but how you feel the current levels still accurately indicate what is in store later on.

Breaking the positive and negative into two paragraphs means that more attention can be paid to each, and less is lost in a clump of words.
Edited by Elethia on 9/28/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
So admittedly Spriest is in a fantastic place for single target, "amazing" utility, survivability, etc. both pve AND pvp, but you want to complain about your aoe damage? !@#$ off.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/28/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Vule
So admittedly Spriest is in a fantastic place for single target, "amazing" utility, survivability, etc. both pve AND pvp, but you want to complain about your aoe damage? !@#$ off.

You seem bitter. Did you have a bad day? Can I offer you a hug?

Being in a great place in some areas does not mean that it's somehow wrong or bad to express concern about your standing in others.
Reply Quote
Yes it is bad, after all the buffs spriest got with 5.0 and MoP, you really have no right to complain. You can, but you just sound like spoiled children. That's probably just my aweful bitterness coming out though I just cant contain it. There are a few classes atm with legit complaints, but shadow isn't on that list.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/29/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Vule
Yes it is bad, after all the buffs spriest got with 5.0 and MoP, you really have no right to complain. You can, but you just sound like spoiled children. That's probably just my aweful bitterness coming out though I just cant contain it. There are a few classes atm with legit complaints, but shadow isn't on that list.

Someone's mad at Void Tendrils imo.

MS needs a buff. Halo needs to be fixed. PW:S needs to be fixed. Other than that I'm freaking fantastic.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Well, no. Every class should voice their concerns about any area of play that is legitimately out of balance. It shouldn't matter how well or poorly they're doing overall, because the goal is a close match between specs with, perhaps, each showing a slightly greater strength in one or two areas.

Blizzard has moved more and more away from the "great at x, poor at y" model. I think their ideal is having most/every spec (within each role) performing well in every area.
Reply Quote
You guys got me all wrong! I love the new improved spriests. I think they are one of the cooler classes and I'm glad they got buffed. Having said that, the OP using that thread title and then complaining about the current state of awesomeness spriest is enjoying deserves some ridicule. Later priests, have fun melting faces in MoP!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I think you have the OP wrong. :) He gave an overall review, stating that he loved almost every change and then offering the one problem area he was finding.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/29/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Elethia
I think you have the OP wrong. :) He gave an overall review, stating that he loved almost every change and then offering the one problem area he was finding.

Does Intrigue still play? He never posts anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I agree.
Reply Quote

That.

You look more like a lfr champion to me than a raider. And there is a huge difference. Secondly, the replies wouldn't be so hostile if you didn't come in here posting like you are better than everyone else cause nixxe said it perfectly.

Time in game does not = skill.

Basically. At a point where we are scrambling to get hitcapped before even beginning to worry about min-maxing other stats, being #1 is meaningless. Change the title of your thread to something less pompous.

I will agree, unless you can get your halo right for burst on many mobs, shadow can lag way behind other specs.

Might be formulaic, but maybe at a lowgrade dot to mindsear (a la serpent spread)?
Give it a very low chance to proc a shadow orb when it deals damage for more DP's (a la Chain Lightning and Fulmination)?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/29/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Skramz
Does Intrigue still play? He never posts anymore.

She does. :( She just never posts on the forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]