Big Thread of Pet Bugs

56 Draenei Shaman
Some things, summarized, that I've come across in pet searching.

Phasing Issues
--------------

Scourged Whelpling - Tons appear when you FP overhead, disappears on backtracking. I actually managed to bag one of these critters moments ago, but only one was in the area. Either a phasing issue for the rest or intentional, unsure.

Minfernal -- Varied reports. Some people say they've done massive farming to have nothing happen, some say half an hour of farming is enough to make one spawn. Same FP visible error as above. Logged in after a realm restart, and I saw the numbers I had seen on the FP. Promptly ran around to tame -- they didn't respawn after.

Nordrassil Wisp -- Invisible on my characters that had reached the Molten Front dailies or had quested in Hyjal -- only could see on my fresh 80 that hadn't completed anything in the zone.

Scorpling -- Invisible on character that had completed Cata quests in Blasted Lands, not so for an ancient character that had not. May have all been dead on the first, but I circled for half an hour with no luck.

Spawn of Onyxia -- This is sort of up-in-the-air as people debate what's what with Theramore phasing.. but if you can't find any, try talking to Zidormi to be phased back to the past. I found one my first circle once I had done so.

The Devouring Breach -- Once I'd done the quest that involved mounting the gryphons and shooting down the elemental boss atop the highest rock, no pets can be seen there. Double confirmed on my Nelf huntress -- only character I see them on is my horde faction changed hunter, who hasn't done a single quest and doesn't even have the portal yet.

Pet Battles
----------

Bloodknight Anatari -- What a wuss! All that talk about Blood Elves will rule the world -- he won't fight me! Massive 'pet area obstruction' issues, can't enter combat. Probably due to the big shell behind his back. Unable to progress to Northrend, really needs a fix.

Please, please mercilessly beat up my pets -- some pet trainers just won't fight you. Usually fixed by going to a different character -- but can be difficult if you don't have any that can reach said trainer easily or at all.

Some pets just won't go into combat. Who knows why!

If you are aggroed while clicking a pet, sometimes you get stuck upon re-entering. Such as, I click a spider, something attacks me. I kill it, click spider again -- start battle, only to have the battle phase out and leaves me stuck in the 'battling' frozen position and unable to move unless I log out or wait it out.

Underwater obstruction -- half the aquatic creatures, like the frogs in Un'goro, hop in and out of water and swim -- and are unable to be battled when doing so.

Achievements
-------------

Very wonky. On my horde character that battled with my pets, the achievement is gold and unlocked -- alliance, all the requirements have been met but no achiev is lit up, nor am I able to rebattle. On the other hand, I see that I've unlocked the EK one on my ally -- only, I haven't gone around to beat them all yet on any character! Very odd.

Also, other people have mentioned, and I've experienced, that you need to log in and out to receive any achievement reward pets, like Nuts or the Celestial Dragon.

Stuck Pets
----------

Lots of pets get caught in trees or under rocks or hills -- if feared or taunted, they can't enter battle -- perhaps Blizzard could make some mechanic to pull them?

I've seen a group of 10 people or so crowded around an unclickable Minfernal that spawned in a tree with great longing in their hearts..

Missing Pets
------------

Snowy Owl -- It's winter, where is he? No reports or sightings, and none of his summer cousin either in AQ.

Devouring Maggot -- Needed for the Northrend Achievement, has no actual mob. Can be 'caught' as a pet that entered the battle of another, but doesn't show up in the petbook or actually tick off on the achievement.

A good hint, however, is to be the first person on after a realm restart, as multitudes of rares seem to be waiting for you.

Will edit based on new findings and what people have to add!
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Death Knight
Great consolidated list! You hit two that got me already- the Bloodknight Master and Devouring Maggot not counting.
Reply Quote
33 Gnome Warrior
Another bug for you. Unable to use Stable masters at all on one of my alts. Will not give me the option for heal and rez pets.

The gull whirlwind ability will bug out at times and take forever to complete if it doesnt just freeze u up.

And is this a pay 2 win part of game? Seems some store bought pets are waaaaay to op.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1) Another bug is the Kalimador Battling achievement for alliance includes the horde list of trainers. Which makes this unobtainable for Alliance characters.

2) Also Highlands skunk is available in the Twlight Highlands, and not in any of the zones listed.

3) Many of the Shale Hatchlings in Deephom - Lower Silver Marsh cannot be interacted with despite being labed as battle pets. They don't appear to be stuck in walls or in water, just an error occurs that prevents pet battling.

I have observed the same problem with the Scourged Whelpling. It appears there is a CRZ/Phase border around the area which is causing some serious weirdness and inability to get the pet. I have found two Scourged Whelping outside of this strange border. So you can get them, but due to the weird phasing you can only find the few that spawn correctly outside of the phased area.

I also could not find any snowy owls. And I'm seeing the same problem with the Devouring Maggot. I clearly have one but the achievement is stuck.
Edited by Katrisa on 9/30/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Another Achievement Bug is:

-Some pets not being counted as caught in the Safari, like the dragonhawk hatchlings, cockatiel, crimson moth etc.

-Stranglethorn not being counted for the World Pet Mauler Achievement. It just says Stranglethorn, not either Northern or Cape.

EDIT: The Minfernal Meteor Ability is constantly missing.
Edited by Renotarshil on 9/30/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gonna throw in that for Silithid Hatchlings, on some servers they spawn in vast numbers, and in others it takes 45 minutes or so for just 2 to spawn.

Or maybe they don't spawn at all on some server, been on 3 servers and one of them, nothing happened in the sandstorm at all.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
Like to add the problems with switching pets in the middle of a fight. I've had it where the opponent loses, it offers me the choice to switch pets, but then it doesnt switch to the one I chose, it stays on the first one.

And anyone else having the problem with the UI when leaving a pet battle? Open bags and the objectives list are shifted over to the right, underneath the right side action bar, making it really hard to see. I've found reloading the UI or enabling/disabling the right action bar will fix it, but I shouldnt have to do that after every. single. pet battle.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/30/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Sandse
Like to add the problems with switching pets in the middle of a fight. I've had it where the opponent loses, it offers me the choice to switch pets, but then it doesnt switch to the one I chose, it stays on the first one.

This could possibly be because you have a debuff that doesn't allow you to switch, or a cooldown from an ability that renders you incapable of performing an action for x number of rounds.

09/30/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Sandse
And anyone else having the problem with the UI when leaving a pet battle? Open bags and the objectives list are shifted over to the right, underneath the right side action bar, making it really hard to see. I've found reloading the UI or enabling/disabling the right action bar will fix it, but I shouldnt have to do that after every. single. pet battle.

I personally haven't. If a UI reload fixes it, could it possibly be a UI addon issue?
Edited by Martouff on 9/30/2012 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
09/30/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Martouff
This could possibly be because you have a debuff that doesn't allow you to switch, or a cooldown from an ability that renders you incapable of performing an action for x number of rounds.

I cant be positive for all of the times it happens, but Im pretty sure that's not it.

09/30/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Martouff
If a UI reload fixes it, could it possibly be a UI addon issue?

I dont have any UI addons, I work only with the set Blizzard UI.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/30/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Sandse

I cant be positive for all of the times it happens, but Im pretty sure that's not it.

If a UI reload fixes it, could it possibly be a UI addon issue?

I dont have any UI addons, I work only with the set Blizzard UI.

I'll keep my eye out then and see if I notice anything. I've definitely had swapping issues, but so far no UI problems.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*Another Bug) Blighthawks are getting stuck in the walls in Western Plague Lands, in Andorrhal. You can still battle some of them if you have interact with target bound.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The scourged whelpling issue seems a bit odd to me.
For the first two days or so that pet battles were available they seemed to spawn without any issues while now (at least on my server and i have caught a rare one so i know for sure they were at least there for some time) they seem to just refuse to spawn at all... can't see them on flight paths on the ground or while on a flying mount which is odd given most people report seeing them while on a flight path but not while on the ground.
Also the reflection ability seems to glitch when copying certain moves. Example: if reflection is used when the opponent uses burrow and goes underground your pet will go underground but will not actually use the attack on the second turn instead it just stays under for a turn or two then randomly pops back up and if used when the opponent actually attacks with it reflection only negates the damage without copying the attack. I think there are a few other moves it can't copy properly but i can't remember exactly which ones...
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
Lets get this reply started. I have posted a long list of bugs on the bug forum if you want to add. As for the ones posted here I will post my personal experience with each.

Scourged Whelpling - It is definitely a cross-realm issue I found some but not nearly as many once I got landed.

Minfernal - From what I have seen they for sure do a full respawn when realms restart. As for more spawning after I have seen someone watch for 10 hours straight and not see a spawn. Possible it is a 24 hr spawn.

Nordrassil Wisp - Not all invisible for my character that has been through molten front but less were seen. Possible the less was some were dead, but definitely still capturable.

Scorpling - Have no info as I have no quested in blasted lands

Spawn of Onyxia - Like the infernal full respawn after restart. Have seen more spawn. The respawn seems lengthy and not many spawn.

Devouring Breach - No info atm

Bloodknight Anatari - Have fought him 3 times each time without issue. Try coming at him while you are facing northeast.

Some pets just won't go into combat. Who knows why! - This is true

If you are aggroed while clicking a pet, sometimes you get stuck upon re-entering. Such as, I click a spider, something attacks me. I kill it, click spider again -- start battle, only to have the battle phase out and leaves me stuck in the 'battling' frozen position and unable to move unless I log out or wait it out. - Have not encountered but sounds like a stack issue

Underwater obstruction - Also happens with some Fel Flames in SMV as they swim in lava. Heard rumors of blighted hawks being on water in WPL also.

Also, other people have mentioned, and I've experienced, that you need to log in and out to receive any achievement reward pets, like Nuts or the Celestial Dragon. - The pet going to your journal seems to be on a timer after the achievement each time I have gotten a pet like this it doesn't show up for a few minutes even if I relog.

MISSING PETS -

Snowy Owl -- It's winter, where is he? No reports or sightings, and none of his summer cousin either in AQ. - I have tested weather conditions and everything and have yet to see him spawn.

Devouring Maggot and Garden Moth are doing the same thing. Wharf rat and crimson moth still don't give credit when caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Another bug for you. Unable to use Stable masters at all on one of my alts. Will not give me the option for heal and rez pets. - NOT A BUG INTENDED. AFTER YOU LOG ON HEALING PETS IS ON A 3 MINUTE CD. APPARENTLY IT IS TO PREVENT LOGGING ON AN ALT TO KEEP YOU FROM HAVING TO FIND A STABLE MASTER.

The gull whirlwind ability will bug out at times and take forever to complete if it doesnt just freeze u up. - THIS IS NOT THE ONLY PET THAT BUGS OUT TIME WISE. THE AZURE WHELPLING USED BY THE KALIMDOR MASTER BUGS ON THE THIRD HIT OF ITS ATTACK.

As for pay to win my team is all non store pets and I usually destroy store pets.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Stranglethorn not being counted for the World Pet Mauler Achievement. It just says Stranglethorn, not either Northern or Cape. - I HAVE NOTICED THIS ONE.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Reflection - I have a post about this on the bug forums with all this info and some more.

If I missed anything just say I have a growing post on the bug forums with 12 different issues I have noticed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Guardian Cub- When dead, it's just frozen in one position, like it's alive but not moving.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Heres a major one for one pet.

Singing sunflowers heal is not doubled in sunlight as per what tooltip says
Singing sunflowers heal after using once and casting again ONLY IN SOME BATTLES passes turn instead of casting.
Singing sunflowers solar beam does not add extra damage in sunlight as per tooltip but sometimes does extra without sunlight

I hate my stupid flower.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Last night, I ran into a situation where I went to change from a dead pet to another.
My opponent attacked 4 times in a row, even though my abilities lit up, and I selected one, nothing happened. Which cost me the match.

Also, my Sea Gull cyclone ability will cause the game to freeze on my side, but not my opponents. Typing /reload will get it to work again.

At seemingly random times during matches, pet disappear from screen, until damaged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I have a problem where during lift/burrow abilities my pet will just hang there, get hit, then do the lift/burrow attack after. The whole point of me doing those is to AVOID the attack.

I'm also having the huge amount of CRZ problems everyone else is. I'll see pets, get over to them, and they vanish. No one else is around.

Also, the weather has been amazingly calm in Storm Peaks/Jaguro Island/Tanaris. Where's a cataclysm when you need it?
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
I have had the sandstorm in Tanaris though I have not seen snowfall in Storm Peaks recently.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*Another Bug) Corpse explosion dot damage falls off if your opponent swaps pets.
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
One more bug the dark phoenix rebirth dot can be dodged. The downside to a already powerful skill can be avoided -.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]