Blizzard fail with Frostmourne server

90 Night Elf Warrior
Zen
With today's technology you should easily be able to log into the game hours prior to playing via a mobile PC remote control using a smart phone/tablet.

When you get home/get around to playing, you will be relieved to a short/no queue.

If you cannot embrace this message, I fear for your life.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So I have accepted the queue times and don't care however today I seem to keep getting knocked to the back of it.
My position is 2553 I get to 2223 and then before I know it my position is back up to 2556.

Does anyone know what is causing this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE.

HOW LONG BEFORE YOU !@#$ERS GET THE POINT.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just asking a question, I am fine with high queues its not the first game to have them I just thought i'd approach the forums with my question rather then contacting blizzard who have no doubt been flooded with people complaining.

Has anyone else found themselves waiting in queue and their position in queue is going up and not down.

Is this based on just an estimated position in queue like the time that constantly jumps around or could this be something that is broken and will be addressed by blizzard eventually.

My position in queue has gone up to 2900 while a friends has lowered to 1900 even though they have been waiting half the time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I've heard that 'open' accounts are given priority over trial accounts, but given that you're 85 I'm sure that you're playing on an open account. Have you upgraded your account to Mists? There might be a restriction that allows people with the expansion attached to their account to have priority over individuals who don't.

I've seen my queue go up but only marginally, definitely not anything like what you're experiencing.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
I dont really have a problem with the queue, but why does Blizzard let it get to this point. There are a various ways to deal with dead realms, and while CRZ does populate the world it does not adequately deal with issues such as server economics (whereas merging would).

Blizzard was aware of the population issues on Frostmourne, opening up transfers to Gundrak is a bandaid fix. Once queues subside users will then have to pay to transfer back, not to mention the initial transfer would involve leaving guilds/friends and the population benefits that come with being on a high pop realm such as pug groups. That is ofcourse if your guild or friends are willing to transfer with you.

The main reason i wont transfer off Frostmourne is because of the above, it seems like the negatives outweight the positives (which is only avoiding a queue time).
Edited by Sandrise on 10/3/2012 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Sandrise
Blizzard was aware of the population issues on Frostmourne, opening up transfers to Gundrak is a bandaid fix. Once queues subside users will then have to pay to transfer back, not to mention the initial transfer would involve leaving guilds/friends and the population benefits that come with being on a high pop realm such as pug groups. That is ofcourse if your guild or friends are willing to transfer with you.

Which is where Blizzard makes more money! Huzzah!
Reply Quote
73 Pandaren Hunter
This is how i have dealt with ques if anyone needs ANYMORE ideas

-If i play at the night i start the que depending on the time i will go to the gym.
-Ill get home shower/make dinner, lunch etc etc
-Maybe watch the News (find out about real world problems, because there is something different to a computer screen)
-If the que is going to be particularly long i might drive myself round (or walk) to a friends house and chill there for a bit.
-I might play a different game while i'm queuing there are plenty trust me... if you cant find another game open your eyes.

I know thats all been said but i went a bit more in-depth for those who still need help

but on another note, i will happily transfer to another server if i need to but im going to wait 3 more weeks because that will weed out any players that get sick of the expansion if any do..it wont be to gundrak i will pay to transfer to another server that has both a decent or even horde to alliance ratio
Reply Quote
Think about it this way, Blizzard implemented a world boss to which a kill relies on a group tagging it first. With two factions this often enough ends up in a battle for said tag, the end result tonight was the server crashing.

Once again, dont you think that Blizzard would have reviewed such issues upon deciding to implement a world boss? yet server stability is still being tested.

Either Blizzard need to pre-emptively stop servers from reaching such a capacity (which lets face it hinder's their overall profits and stops players being able to transfer to meet up with friends) or they need to expand said servers to either be able to house more players or atleast cope with the issues mentioned above. I would imagine that this would be a possibility however i personally have no idea how they would do it (regarding server space).

From what i have seen so far, Blizzard just like to do things for the sake of it without any real recourse (see MMR not being reset despite announcing it).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]