@ level 90 Windwalkers.

85 Pandaren Monk
I just get a gut feeling dps as a Monk may not be competitive, now I know we're far from sure numbers but could some of you Monks that are level 90 and of Windwalker spec tell what kind of DPS you're pulling in Dungeons? What rotation you're using to achieve that? I'm scowering the net for Information on the class but I guess i'm looking in the wrong places, I'm level 75 right now and having an easier time killing for sure, just want some info from the level 90's that have kicked and punched their way through a dungeon or two. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
How to windwalk: http://www.disargeria.net/2012/07/29/foot-to-the-face-in-a-dps-race-the-windwalker-dps-guide/
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Thanks! anymore input is greatly appreciated guys :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
In heroics i am doing 43-50k dps, more for aoe

jab to build chi
rising sun on cd
tiger palm 3 stack buff
black out kicks to burn chi when rising sun is down
weave in fof when rising sun kick has 5-6 secs until its back up

aoe- rising sunkick debuff on all mobs, spinning crane, tiger palm for 3 buff

I have no idea if this is the proper rotation, I am just doing it

In bgs 3-5 million dps, maybe a little more on good bgs. Usually do well, but can't top meters because of shadow priests and warriors and dks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
In heroics i am doing 43-50k dps, more for aoe

jab to build chi
rising sun on cd
tiger palm 3 stack buff
black out kicks to burn chi when rising sun is down
weave in fof when rising sun kick has 5-6 secs until its back up

aoe- rising sunkick debuff on all mobs, spinning crane, tiger palm for 3 buff

I have no idea if this is the proper rotation, I am just doing it

In bgs 3-5 million dps, maybe a little more on good bgs. Usually do well, but can't top meters because of shadow priests and warriors and dks.

So far I'd have to say that if you have the tiger palm 3x buff before you get into aoe then keep it up, but if its not up already I've found its a dps loss unless what your aoe'ing is going to last awhile. If its going down fairly fast (<10 seconds) then no need to keep it up. Rising sun for good damage & chi burn, I have chi wave as level 30 talent so it just does some damage while I spinning crane, if you have chi burst I imagine that'll be fine as well.

This is from my experience, my windwalker set isn't as geared and I pull around 40-50k dps in dungeons when I do decide to queue for dps.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
So how are you guys standing when dpsing in groups with either a Rogue or Feral DPS Druid? what kind of dps are you dishing out in comparison?
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
/fist bump
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
if you want to smash aoe dps (bascially every heroic pull) here is how you do it:

jab x2
rising sun kick
move so all mobs are infront of you then rushing jade wind
spinning crane kick x3 ( use energizing brew if your low on energy + tigereye brew + other dmg cds)
now you will have max chi, another rising sun kick then fist of fury

brb 150k+ dps
Reply Quote
I pull 60k in heroics now, using Noxxic's guide.

Edit: 45k-50k on alot of movement fights, and upwards of 66k if I can stand still and beat the bosses skull in.
Edited by Rharkul on 10/1/2012 11:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
there trash in pvp bgs.. ii got full set of gear and let like ddamn *@@*@*#*@ and have to work way harder for no reason at all
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Fail troll is fail
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I pull 60k in heroics now, using Noxxic's guide.

Edit: 45k-50k on alot of movement fights, and upwards of 66k if I can stand still and beat the bosses skull in.

40-58k for me in questing gear. Proper rotation, timing, and a little luck goes a long way with this class. Also, remember to dance around to catch your chi balls!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
WW dps is fine. We aren't the best by any means but we hold our own. The only problem right now is getting FoF off in a lot of fights.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Id kill for a glyph or a 4p set bonus to let us FoF while moving.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In heroics on bosses, I do 65-80k dps. I don't have concrete numbers in raids as I'm only brought in right now when a body is needed (I'm in a situation where I can't raid all the time, nothing to do with monks), but on the final boss tonight I was pulling 55-60k dps. That fight has a lot of movement however and I was lagging pretty terribly because of the internet where I am right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
<<< 62k w/o cds
Reply Quote
Get three stacks of Tiger Palm first, then RSK for your buffs. Then pray for mastery RNG to proc when ya need it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Windwalker PvE is fine. I'm consistently top dps in heroics, and was #2 on a Feng kill in MSV tonight (behind a mage, ahead of two hunters, a warlock and a warrior). We're definitely lacking in raid utility. Our many survival cooldowns may seem extraneous, but trust me that your healers will love you for it. Windwalkers keep themselves alive through raid aoe like nobody else (either through cooldowns or outright evasion).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/02/2012 06:22 AMPosted by ßiggs
Also, remember to dance around to catch your chi balls!
I haven't strafed this much in a long time. Actually, outside of PvP, I haven't strafed this much since EQ LOL Usually my healers and ranged DPS do it just to dodge bad stuff.

Actually had someone whisper me to ask how I was sliding sideways instead of turning to face left or right before moving. I said that I was strafing. They asked if it was an exploit... 0.o
Edited by Xiri on 10/8/2012 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Depending on movement, I do about 50-60k single and Ive hit 100k aoe at my current lvl in regular dungeons, but also using arch pole arm.

Mainly keep debuffs and buffs up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]