Engineering - Whats your take?

90 Human Hunter
I don't want to jump the gun, because i'm sure we will be getting some new craftables in the comming patches, but so far I am not really impressed with the craftables/ perks of the trade and here's just a few to mention:

1) Mist piercing goggles "allows you to see additional mining nodes"

-well... I noticed more ghost iron nodes, which we have an abundance of, not so much trillium which is the more sought after. IMO not worth the 2 spirit of harmony.

2) Goblin Glider "attaches to cloak, fall slowly for 30 sec, has a short initial thrust and u can turn while falling"

-Sounds more interesting than it is. Cooldown is far too long (5 mins) for it to be as practical as most would like it to be. I'll just stick to the flexweave underlay...

3)Wormhole Generator -Pandaria "teleports you somewhere in Pandaria, the exact location is difficult to predict" 15 min cd.

-This one is my biggest pet-peve, could have been a wonderful perk had it been designed like the Northrend generator where u can pick the zone u wanted to teleport to... instead they made it just another Draenei archaeology hearth......

i could go on with other issues, but I would like to hear what other ppl think about this and your own concerns you have..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm really enjoying engineering this expansion.

Perk 1 - Only engineers can use the pandaria auction house

Perk 2 - Glider!

Perk 3 - Goggles on par with normal raid gear

And that's just the new stuff for the expansion. Wormhole to northrend, loot-a-rang, rocket boots, synapse springs, and engineer only mount are still perks to being an engineer.

09/30/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Valkôrn
fall slowly for 30 sec,

Wrong. It lasts for 2 minutes.

09/30/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Valkôrn
Cooldown is far too long (5 mins)

Wrong again. The cooldown is 3 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I been pretty impressed with the stuff engineering gets. Between the dragonling trinket, the cogwheels, heck the thermal anvils. All stuff you can sell and not have to be an engineer to use those.

I know engineers get some other cool goodies. Pretty stoked :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Well the usual issues with Engineering still exist, it seems that if you are flying the whole zone looking for stuff you get much less use out of the goggles as they replace normal spawn points.

I love the Ghost Iron Dragonling, but the cogwheels are unique-equipped, which means that I can't put a hit cogwheel in my dragonling and one in my helm.

But the usual fun stuff that engineering get's is always fun, and the usability of older things continues past expansions.

My only complaint is, not being able to use a cogwheel in one piece, and the same cogwheel in another.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Teragon
it seems that if you are flying the whole zone looking for stuff you get much less use out of the goggles as they replace normal spawn points.

Nope. When you are out and about, occasionally you will see a little misty cloud thing, without the googles. When you do have the goggles, you see whatever node is there instead of the mist. And you see all the regular ones too.

My issues are 1) The good stuff takes way to many SoH. The drop rate is too low for how many you need. 2) Engineers finally have something that could sell well in the dragonling, and the market has been saturated, and they are hardly worth making just to sell. 3) The G91 Landshark is awesome, and doesn't require engineering. But instead of being on the bomb CD, it is on the same CD as potions, including the CD not actually starting until you leave combat. I'm not sure the burst of damage is worth losing either a potentially larger boost from a pot, or saving your hide with a health pot. Or "sorry we wiped guys, I was out of mana because pots were on CD from the landshark."
Reply Quote
The helm is not worth it. The trinket is, but you'll find better gear than the helm in your raids. If the cogs could be used in both: then yes.

Also Blingtron. Oh god yes.
Reply Quote
I spent 1700 gold to buy a mist piercing goggle from an engineer. I've seen them priced as high as 5000. It's a good way to profit from your motes if you're not saving for a blingtron or special mount.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
1) Mist piercing goggles "allows you to see additional mining nodes"

Because finding mining nodes is "hard"?
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Snorie
I spent 1700 gold to buy a mist piercing goggle from an engineer. I've seen them priced as high as 5000. It's a good way to profit from your motes if you're not saving for a blingtron or special mount.

Can I play with you? The highest offer I got for the goggles was 200g
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The portal is a dissapointment, but the dragonling is nice. Something I RLY love about this is finally engineers can make a semi reasonable amount of useful stuff that doesn't require engineering. I almost wonder if the goggles rly do much I've only seen one herb with mist and i not even an herbalist, but then again when do i ever pay enough attention to see if ghost iron has more mist than usual, I would like it if Trillium became a bit more common, because it's alrdy hard to get due to different ore types being required. Ghost iron is common as crap and I can till sell em for about 65 gold a stack, but they need to take a little of the love they showed to ghost iron and give it to trillium. Also that portal takes way too much trilliu for what it is, and SoH is way too hard to obtain. I mean if it wasn't BoP then MAYBE, but as it is blizz needs to double those spawn rates. The thermal anvil is nice as well as a few other gadgets. All in all i'm quite content with this expansion engineering wise.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
My lock has to get creative in regards to the cogs. Lol. Trinket: Mastery, Crit, Expertise. Helm: Hit, Haste.

They really really need to be unique-equip PER item, not between both items.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
My lock has to get creative in regards to the cogs. Lol. Trinket: Mastery, Crit, Expertise. Helm: Hit, Haste.

They really really need to be unique-equip PER item, not between both items.

I COMPLETELY agree. I had to put some ridiculous cogs into my trinket (I chose to put the useless ones in there, since my Goggles will be lasting much longer than my trinket). I really hope they find a use for the cogs later on (maybe you can add a cog socket to a weapon?).

What I love:

1) Blingtron 4000

2) Goggles

3) Glider

What I hatE:

Nothing, so far. :P
Reply Quote
I like the fact of being able to sync my gloves tinker with other buffs. On paper all main profs except gathering ones give a rather similar benefit. The fact i can actually control when to have mine (heroism, mirror images from a mage, celestial alignment, etc) is a huge plus for engineering.

Aside from that, i love the look of goggles, having fun tinkers (zomgwtfbbq nitro boosts above all).

A couple things i don't like is the lack of upgrades for goggles as new content is released, making them obsolete, along with cogwheels, so i really hope they address this and finally give us a way to upgrade them.

Also, the new belt tinker is meh. Nitro boosts are waaaaaaaay cooler.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Goggles need to be useful in PvP - every pvp item has 4 secondary stats (pvp power, pvp resil, 2 others) yet the goggles have only 2 slots and no options for pvp cogs.
Reply Quote
The dragonling trinket is great for this first part of the expansion and ANYONE can use it. Since every engineer made a few to level up, they put the trinkets on the AH but forgot the non-engineers buying them cannot make cogwheels. I made ~20k last weekend on cogwheels.

I'm a cogwheel magnate.

The rush is probably over but I made money on the ah with engineering! I won the game!

Also, climb a mountain, jump, goblin-glider is just awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I like it all except for the fact of no PvP cogwheels.. :| big fail on that behalf otherwise fine.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
I've actually loved Engineering in MoP.

The Goblin Glider is SO cool. I have been having way too much fun using Nitro-Boost to jump off cliffs and then pop my glider to fall perfectly where I want to - which is invaluable leveling up 85-89 with no flying mount.

Engineer-only AH in Pandaria is very nice.

Thermal Anvil is a godsend.

The 476 helmet is very cool. Such an OP item at 87! :p

And the 450 dragon trinket has lasted me well into doing heroics at 90. Nice investment there.

Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
The only thing that sucks is the Landshark.

The helm, just like what seems to be every expansion, is good before you're getting helms from raids.

The toys (as usual) are what make it really fun. At least the "bonus" is on par now that Synapse Springs was changed last expansion. Lets hope when epic gems come out, everyone gets buffed instead of end-of-expansion-blacksmithing-superiority.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Engineering has been alright, The only thing I dislike about it is how the Rocket mounts cost so much to make compared to our Mechano-hog and Flying machine. When I seen what we needed I was like what the heck. I seen those rockets on the beta and their designs are something left to be desired by me anyways. 3 orbs of mastery 12 living steel, including the other stuff even the JC mounts don't even cost that much to make 1. They look a whole lot better to me than those rockets do. I could kinda understand if they were 2 person mounts, yet they aren't.

How do the rest of you engineers feel about the rockets & they're mats cost?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]