Rogue PvE in 5.1.0 (All Specializations)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/30/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Feyris
Honk

Just 90 more seconds. >_>

Whatever; thanks to anyone else who was more patient, you can start posting while I edit in the content.
Edited by Verelyse on 9/30/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I totally waited, wondering what the hell you were working on this time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
So while you're still editing this, and before I even know if this is answered already, what do you think about rupture in combat?
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Unseen
So while you're still editing this, and before I even know if this is answered already, what do you think about rupture in combat?

Not used iirc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/30/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Unseen

From what I gathered from EJ (and put in the guide) it's the same rules as T12: use it during single-target DPS when it's down and you're not using blade flurry or energy capping (as long as your target will live long enough for its full duration). I'm 99% sure we shouldn't use it during deep insight, though, since it now scales dynamically with the bandit's guile buff. So then we'll probably use eviscerate.

This could change as we get logs to pour over next week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/30/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Verelyse

From what I gathered from EJ (and put in the guide) it's the same rules as T12: use it during single-target DPS when it's down and you're not using blade flurry or energy capping (as long as your target will live long enough for its full duration). I'm 99% sure we shouldn't use it during deep insight, though, since it now scales dynamically with the bandit's guile buff. So then we'll probably use eviscerate.

This could change as we get logs to pour over next week.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was expecting. The dynamic scaling is a nice change though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wait, now I'm feeling like I reversed that, because that's how rupture and BG worked in Cata.

Um...

Brb, going to find a target dummy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My bad! Rupture damage is now locked in at whatever insight level you use it at, so use it whenever.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Awesome post, thank you very much!

(Note: "rouge" on first line...)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
09/30/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Swiift

Inside joke.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
Just wanted to say that it feels amazing to be included in the opening post.

<3 Vere

Edit:

Have fun with Heartcrusher
Edited by Sheevah on 9/30/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
hahah

My bad then, I just thought it would be a shame to ruin an amazing contribution with a typo. My bad :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
hahah

My bad then, I just thought it would be a shame to ruin an amazing contribution with a typo. My bad :)

Don't worry, we'll patch you up and resurrect you when its all over. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
For Assassination, in terms of our AoE rotation, would it be beneficial to use Envenom at 5CP if Crimson Tempest is still up?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Brilliant intro! No time to read this now though :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
So I'm just gonna point out the problems with the sub portion and you can do with them what you want. I'm sure you know a lot of them and have omited them due to space and depth considerations but hey, I just gotta.

Single-Target:

Opening: Begin the fight with ambush

Actually Garrote, see my guide.

09/30/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Verelyse
You should pool energy at 4 combo points in anticipation of this proc.

Unless you have Anticipation, in which case this is a lot less important and its actually better to always have some CP or anticipation charges on you just in case you proc something nice.

You may want to use a 1 combo point crimson tempest early to gain the sanguinary vein effect

Pretty sure there aren't any situations where you don't want to do this.

Subtlety does not pair this cooldown with shadow dance; instead, use it at a point during your normal rotation when find weakness is not activated.

More accurately, we don't pair it with FW, which means ShD, ShMeld, and Vanish. But yeah.

"Allows the use of abilities which usually require stealth, and reduces the energy cost of ambush by 20. Lasts 8 seconds."[/i]

You need another italics marker. Also not sure if you said this but might need to specify that you only use Ambush here (not garrote) since you will use garrote in the opener.

Vanish: "Allows the rogue to enter stealth while in combat." As subtlety, you should use this ability to activate master of subtlety before using shadow dance, increasing your damage by 10% for 6 seconds. Preparation can reset the cooldown on vanish, but shadowstep is usually still better.

Err, no, you should use this at a different time than ShD since it gives you another opener(s), which means you get FW again, which means using ShD would overwrite FW and be a considerable DPS loss.

Love,

Hail

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks, sub was definitely the fuzziest one. :)

I'll get on that right away.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warrior
Thanks for the guide but im quitting the rogue and leveling my warrior...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]