SLDataText - Guild List

100 Troll Hunter
Just prior to MoP dropping, the addon started acting weird, specifically the guild list part. Sometimes, it's non existent, sometimes it's on screen, but says "Guild - 0" implying no one is on when there are people on, sometimes it says the correct number of people, but hovering over it only lists a few in the dropdown tootlip, and lastly sometimes it works perfectly fine. All other features work 100% fine.

From what I gather, it's entirely random. Is anyone else experiencing issues with this addon, have experience with the issue, or assuming the problem can't be fixed seeing as support for it is non-existent, a suitable replacement that carries most of the same functionality?
Edited by Unggoy on 9/30/2012 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Do you have the most recent revision?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/01/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Unkle
Do you have the most recent revision?

No, as it removes the features I like most about SLDT, the Guild/Friends dropdown menus.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Perhaps it's time to move from SLDataText to something like a DataBroker addon?

* http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11205-AraBrokerGuildFriends.html

You need a Data Broker display addon to use this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
10/01/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Unggoy
No, as it removes the features I like most about SLDT, the Guild/Friends dropdown menus.

Taffu separated some of SLDT's parts into modules again, and one of them is the Guild section.
Search WoWI for "SLDataText" and you can find all of the new modules.

One thing to remember, though, is that Taffu has gone to a tool tip system, instead of using drop-down menu's. My guess about the reason would be the large amounts of errors caused, apparently, by addons that use the default drop-down menu system.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Perhaps it's time to move from SLDataText to something like a DataBroker addon?

* http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11205-AraBrokerGuildFriends.html

You need a Data Broker display addon to use this.

I had used one in the past and wasn't very fond of it. Thank you for the suggestion however.

10/02/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Mack

Taffu separated some of SLDT's parts into modules again, and one of them is the Guild section.
Search WoWI for "SLDataText" and you can find all of the new modules.

One thing to remember, though, is that Taffu has gone to a tool tip system, instead of using drop-down menu's. My guess about the reason would be the large amounts of errors caused, apparently, by addons that use the default drop-down menu system.

I'll give them a shot, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]