Combat PVP at 90..

58 Tauren Druid
I'm thinking of leveling my rogue to 90.(currently 72) Before I continue to level, I would like to gather some opinions from some of the more experienced rogues on the state of combat pvp at 90..

How has your experience been so far as combat at 90? Looking at the talents myself I saw endless possibilities with the way the spec can be played. How is the Shuriken Toss/Deadly Throw combo working out?

Can it be used effectively to kite melee in certain cases with BoS? Maybe pick up Dirty tricks to enhance the kiting, for example A DK uses Chains of ice, you BoS it/continue the Toss/Throw combo, The Dk death grips, You gouge and continue to kite.. Seems effective on paper but I have not tried it myself.

Has anyone tried Paralytic Poison with the Blade Flurry glyph? If so how effective is it? I heard it does not have diminishing returns? (can someone confirm this?)

How does Combat fair without its Cds? (killing spree/Adrenaline Rush)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Can it be used effectively to kite melee in certain cases with BoS? Maybe pick up Dirty tricks to enhance the kiting, for example A DK uses Chains of ice, you BoS it/continue the Toss/Throw combo, The Dk death grips, You gouge and continue to kite.. Seems effective on paper but I have not tried it myself.

Yeah I'd like to see an answer on this too it LOOKS really good (use it to proc Restless Blades)

Has anyone tried Paralytic Poison with the Blade Flurry glyph? If so how effective is it? I heard it does not have diminishing returns? (can someone confirm this?)
From what I've heard it's bad. You would only really be able to make use of the BF glyph during AR and Para has a pretty low proc chance outside of the glyph.
It DR's with itself and other RNG stuns but not with CS or Kidney.

Terribly. Which is why I want to see how ST+DT kiting works out.

I haven't played it on live but I did run around a bit on the Beta with it, so take my words with a grain of salt.
Edited by Kiljagen on 9/30/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
How is the Shuriken Toss/Deadly Throw combo working out?

I tried that out with the intent of having some "Kiting ability" while healing up with recup.

Doesnt work out too good...despite how it looks on paper the mobility of most melee classes is enough to deal with a snare or two. BoS consuming 60 energy means you will have to wait a bit before you can St/DT afterwards which gives them time to close the gap.

DKs will chain of ice you every time the BoS buff goes down. Or death grip, or chilblains talent, etc. Not to mention that if they are frost being at range isnt all that bad in terms of the damage they can do.

Warriors will double charge you and/or heroic leap. Although the easiest to kite in terms of this combo, it wont give you but a few secs (1/2 recup ticks at most). You wont break their 2nd wind heal with this either.

Paladins....cannot be kited, at least not with this. Between HoF, clense, Long Arm, Burden of guilt, etc....there is just no kiting them.

Monks.....well they are already high mobility in the first place so....

Druids have shape shift.

Shamans have ghost wolf and frost shock.

Overall it does look neat on paper...just not in practice if that is what you are going for.

09/30/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Sorumnik
Has anyone tried Paralytic Poison with the Blade Flurry glyph? If so how effective is it? I heard it does not have diminishing returns?

What? Para stun is on the random stun DR so it at the very least DRs wtih itself. As for the glyph it stacks MULTIPLICATIVELY. Which means that it boost para from a 20% chance to a 26% chance (not 50%).

09/30/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Sorumnik

On beta combat was a two trick poney. If you had Killing Spree or AR up you could down someone fast.

If you didnt have either of those up you arent going to be putting on much pressure in terms of damage.

Dont know if that has changed since I played beta...but yea I could WRECK someone inside of a KS...but outside of a KS and AR I was a bit less than meh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I tried my first BG as combat today and it was hella fun rofl.

CS -> EA -> RS -> SnD -> KS

How do you get 10cp with just EA CS and RS?

Unless that KS is for Killing Spree not Kideny Shot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Combat is the best its been in forever, without CDs your damage is OK if you have SnD up, but comparitavley to everyone else if they have any CDs up they will out DPS you.

You have 4 tools for damage, agi trink, shadow blades, AR, and kill spree, knowing when and how to use them is the key.

Gouge is great for energy pooling or just getting some distance if need be.

As far as kiting anyone, good luck, just about any class has more mobility than u, thats not just combat its all 3 rogue trees.

Overall rogue is underpowered atm, we have the least survivability, damage is entirley CD dependant, and our mobility is meh. Its a blessing and a curse, it gets rid of all the fotm rogues and the boss rogues can still make the class look good but it can be extremley frustrating to play in BGs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]