Raiding the Sha of Anger

I would like to personally invite and encourage all Alliance raid groups who wish to compete for this world raid boss to flag up while attempting it and then come on to the Feathermoon Forums to rage, whine and cry about how your raid got wrecked by the Thundering Hammer. In so doing you will fuel the Sha, who feeds on your rage. You will also enrich my life, as I enjoy drinking your endless tears.

Have fun out there!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I encourage all Thundering Hammer to be flagged everywhere at every level.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
It would be better for your health if we didn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
...He said, thrusting his e-peen mightily for all to see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I encourage all Thundering Hammer members and other like-minded Horde to continue as you are. Someone needs to weed out all the carebears the Alliance has gotten infested with in the past months, and based on today's events you seem to be doing a pretty good job of it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Meh, I just ignore it and keep swinging at the mob. Let 'em hop around flagged. I get a giggle when one eats a repair bill when Sha starts lobbing his bolts.

Carebear Stare, ACTIVATE!

The only time it bothers me is if it actively interferes with turning in something or exploits game stuff. So. Hop on little dudes, hop on.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Belthin
I encourage all Thundering Hammer to be flagged everywhere at every level.

Come at me bro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Although a very fair tactic, I find it very pathetic. Though next time, don't plant a dummy in our raid to force everyone to flag up, we are planning to personally kick flaggers to avoid what happen yesterday. Once our raids become smart enough, we'll let you do your little pathetic taunting while we kill it. Its not hard to avoid AoE, I didn't flag up until our fail attempt to wipe your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/02/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Ocba
Although a very fair tactic, I find it very pathetic. Though next time, don't plant a dummy in our raid to force everyone to flag up, we are planning to personally kick flaggers to avoid what happen yesterday. Once our raids become smart enough, we'll let you do your little pathetic taunting while we kill it. Its not hard to avoid AoE, I didn't flag up until our fail attempt to wipe your raid.

Not that hard to avoid AOE, but between the MCs, ire spawns, and garganta-lizards deciding to hop into the mosh pit, tab-targetting seems to be the main flag-trigger. Although honestly, how many Thundering Hammer are showing up that a raid of 40 can't blow them up?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Not that hard to avoid AOE, but between the MCs, ire spawns, and garganta-lizards deciding to hop into the mosh pit, tab-targetting seems to be the main flag-trigger. Although honestly, how many Thundering Hammer are showing up that a raid of 40 can't blow them up?

It's not just that one of them show up. When I got invited to a Sha raid, there were people and such all flagged and not just happening to BE there, but instead standing riiiiight beside us, riiiiiight in front of spawns and such that they were trying to trick people into flagging.

So whatevs. People will do what they wish. I'm a bit surprised with all this lust for pvp, more people aren't on RP-pvp servers - though I hear those tend to be ghost towns these days.
Edited by Novikova on 10/2/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
SRS BZNS.

I have seen like five Horde flagged throughout my hours of leveling, and four of them flagged to attack me while I was killing their mobs.

(Lokar you were the only one. JK you flagged to attack me while I was killing your friends.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
People do not need to be flagged to wipe a raid on a world boss.

I've seen many attempts get reset, or the raid wipes from well placed taunts. Saw it several times on Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker. It's not 100% guaranteed to work, but it does work from time to time.

1 of 3 happens.

1. The tanks and healers are on the ball, and the taunting attempt to "steal" the boss fails.

2. The taunt pulls the boss away from the raid, the tank(s) react slow to re-taunt, the fight resets, and the other raid group gets the initial tag. Other times the raid is able to re-tag the boss again. Can go both ways.

3. The taunt pulls the boss away from the raid, healers are slow to react because their tank is out of range, tank dies from lack of heals, raid wipes.
Reply Quote
Since a lot of people seem to be confused about how to react in situations like this, I made this helpful flowchart:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=350911261668954&set=a.347623481997732.81243.100002502487347&type=1
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
((I am hereby rechristening that boss to be known as "The Sha of UMADBRO".

10/02/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Ocba
Its not hard to avoid AoE

AoE from a non-flagged player in an area with a flagged player hasn't caused flagging since at least early BC - though I believe that change was actually implemented in Vanilla because for some reason want to say we discovered this during the old TM vs SS days. Why do people still have this misconception? Unless you attack a player directly, heal a flagged player, or deliberately flag you will not get flagged.

10/02/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Novikova
I'm a bit surprised with all this lust for pvp, more people aren't on RP-pvp servers

Most of us involved have been on this RP server and networking since launch when there wasn't another option for Role Players who enjoy crafting War. My friends and family have all been here, and as much as I personally love PvP and having my !@#$ handed to me on a regular basis so that I learn to be a little less of a noob, it's just not cost effective for us all to move.))

IC:

Malkavet of the <Thundering Hammer Clan>,

As always the full might of the <Errant Pride> stands ready to bring glory to the Horde. As brothers in arms, should you ever have need of my troops you have but to ask and they are at your disposal. The cowering sycophants can all be damned; we are finally unleashed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/03/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Malkavet
I made this helpful flowchart:

((Is it possible for an Orc and a Forsaken to mate?))
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/03/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Günstrak
I made this helpful flowchart:

((Is it possible for an Orc and a Forsaken to mate?))

(( Perhaps... if you take the... wait. You're both males, get out of here. ))
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/03/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Delyst
You're both males

((You were saying?))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
No one's confused. Mind you, I'm used to a more cooperative server, but not confused.

Granted, I was shocked to see a lot of horde from other servers there doing a good chunk of the pvping. I didn't think CRZ was in for mop zones just yet?

I also would like to point out there's a huge difference between "WAAAAAH! THE MEAN PEOPLE WIPED US!" and "Ugh, irritating. Screw this, I'm getting my swiss and bacon quiches." Mine is more the second. And yes, they were delicious. Bacon is awesome.

I generally like several of the Horde peeps well enough. Malk is pretty funny generally. And watching a dead blood elf rogue go flying by... was also kinda funny. I suspect flying dead elves are hilarious in general, though.

And please, no undead pregnancy fics. The wow bad RPers LJ has scarred me horribly. Agh. PUDDLE GIRL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Also, female orcs, much like female dwarves, don't actually exist... though I kinda miss my orc warlock.
Edited by Novikova on 10/3/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/03/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Novikova
I also would like to point out there's a huge difference between "WAAAAAH! THE MEAN PEOPLE WIPED US!" and "Ugh, irritating. Screw this, I'm getting my swiss and bacon quiches." Mine is more the second. And yes, they were delicious. Bacon is awesome.

Observer's bias. If they're looking for--nay, seeking out--the former, they'll interpret even the latter as such. Behold, the science of trolling. ^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]