Fury PvP? Non existent still in MOP?

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
idk if half of you are retarded. or sub 1500 in arenas. but fury burst is almost UNSURVIVABLE ATM... and spell reflect denounce derpderp... if you chain stun / silence / reck. you can deal out some insane dmg with fury... i've hit 100k+ with raging blow ON PLAYERS... and my gear is crap atm. i consistantly get top dmg in bgs and obviously top kbs b/c of execute... all it takes is knowing your spec.
90 Orc Warrior
10/02/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Vrethen
Fury is serverly lacking. I've been fury/fury since i made this char, and im serverly disappointed with my favorite spec. Dmg is very inconsistent, laughable in pvp..I might as well be a flea trying to bite your arm ..I dont like arms, im only fury and its not gonna change...But i find myself hating my character the more i que up ....pve wise,be prepared to be the lowest dps on the meter.. my friend is always laughing at my dps...If i pop recklessness i can pass him, but if he pops his cds..im like 11% away(hes a monk) i constantly find my ret pal buddy kicking my butt in dps also and pretty much every other class out there

Your just aweful... smf is one of the top dps specs in the game. And as far as pvp goes... l2 burst... I can pretty much global anyone as fury, 120k crit dragon roar miniumum followed by a 70kish raging blow.. throw in heroic leap / heroic strike being off the gcd... GG
90 Orc Warrior
12/03/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Allthatsleft
Your just aweful... smf is one of the top dps specs in the game. And as far as pvp goes... l2 burst... I can pretty much global anyone as fury, 120k crit dragon roar miniumum followed by a 70kish raging blow.. throw in heroic leap / heroic strike being off the gcd... GG

Are you rolling Smf or Tg for arenas?
90 Human Warrior
So they ask about pvp and get pve talk.

On a test dummy Fury does much less for me than arms because fury is more dependent on secondary stats. The haste/crit/mastery buffs you get in raids make fury a decent spec atm but w/o those buffs you fall way behind. In season 13 I'd estimate fury to become usable and in season 14 start becomming preferred.

I'm talking like 35k fury dps / 47k arms dps. I really wish I just sucked at fury and maybe I do here is my fury priority.

CS/BT/RB/WS with heroic strikes to bleed excess rage. If I somehow have two charges of RB "CS and BT both crit close together" I use it before BT. I also try to fill the gaps with berserker rage as fury to stay enraged which you cannot do vs classes with a fear.
90 Orc Warrior
On a test dummy Fury does much less for me than arms because fury is more dependent on secondary stats. The haste/crit/mastery buffs you get in raids make fury a decent spec atm but w/o those buffs you fall way behind. In season 13 I'd estimate fury to become usable and in season 14 start becomming preferred.

I'm talking like 35k fury dps / 47k arms dps. I really wish I just sucked at fury and maybe I do here is my fury priority.

CS/BT/RB/WS with heroic strikes to bleed excess rage. If I somehow have two charges of RB "CS and BT both crit close together" I use it before BT. I also try to fill the gaps with berserker rage as fury to stay enraged which you cannot do vs classes with a fear.

Fury just needs consistency, such as making Rb useable regardless of being enraged, but its on a 6 sec cd and hits with only the main hand if you didnt proc enrage. But otherwise it would work the same way it does now Ie. When your enraged the cd is reset and it gets a charge, hits with both weps, and the cd starts once all charges are spent.

That way even at lower crit levels fury is able to have an extra ability to use. That change wont hurt pve because at 25%+ crit ratings you would be proccing enrage often enough that you might use the weaker version of Rb maybe a coupel times during the fight.
90 Tauren Warrior
10/04/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Dafuq
idk if half of you are retarded. or sub 1500 in arenas. but fury burst is almost UNSURVIVABLE ATM... and spell reflect denounce derpderp... if you chain stun / silence / reck. you can deal out some insane dmg with fury... i've hit 100k+ with raging blow ON PLAYERS... and my gear is crap atm. i consistantly get top dmg in bgs and obviously top kbs b/c of execute... all it takes is knowing your spec.

It takes more than having great burst once every 5 min. The problem isn't when fury has all of its CD'popped, its the other 4 minutes of terrible sustained damage. I love fury, but until they change the functionality of RB and/or increase the proc rate of bloodsurge, arms will be the clear winner when it comes to burst AND sustained pressure.

Honestly I wish fury just functioned like arms except with two sweet !@# 2 handers.
90 Orc Warrior
It takes more than having great burst once every 5 min. The problem isn't when fury has all of its CD'popped, its the other 4 minutes of terrible sustained damage. I love fury, but until they change the functionality of RB and/or increase the proc rate of bloodsurge, arms will be the clear winner when it comes to burst AND sustained pressure.

Honestly I wish fury just functioned like arms except with two sweet !@# 2 handers.

Thats why i think my suggestion to change Rb would bring up furys sustained damage and give it something else to do when your not enraged
90 Tauren Warrior

Thats why i think my suggestion to change Rb would bring up furys sustained damage and give it something else to do when your not enraged

Putting MS on Wild Strike is still too expensive and hurts the pressure Fury is able to apply. Arms has MS, a proccing CS, and a self proccing OP all for free. Mortal Wounds never has to be monitored because it's applied in the standard rotation. If I don't get a chance to Slam due to rage starvation or higher priority abilities its no big deal.
Edited by Dreadhoof on 12/3/2012 4:27 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Lots of misinformation about Fury PvP in this thread, which is fine since it's kinda old.

To answer the original posters question however it is actually quite simple. The main reason why Arms is significantly better then Fury is because Arms can sit in defensive stance with little drawback.

Any other fury related issues stem purely from your gear.
90 Human Warrior
Not sure about arena as fury but RBGs is a different story

Check this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lddZq3GM9Qg

I cant get tired of this video lol
90 Orc Warrior
12/03/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Dreadhoof
Putting MS on Wild Strike is still too expensive and hurts the pressure Fury is able to apply. Arms has MS, a proccing CS, and a self proccing OP all for free. Mortal Wounds never has to be monitored because it's applied in the standard rotation. If I don't get a chance to Slam due to rage starvation or higher priority abilities its no big deal.

Well Blizz could double the proc chance for bloodsurge in pvp environments to 40%, because Really the proc chance is incredibly low, Or they could adjust its rage cost to 20 baseline in pvp environments.

But i would rather them just have Raging Blow useable at anytime on a 6 sec cd and hit with main hand, and have it refresh and work the same way it does now when you gain raging blow stacks.
Edited by Ezyo on 12/4/2012 8:26 AM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
Arms has better survival with sustained pressure then fury... sitting in def stance in arms penalizes less then fury... why i perfer it in bg's or with healer teams... fury does have a bigger burst though so good for pwning those nubs who don't cc you
85 Blood Elf Hunter
That is the funniest !@#$ ive herd in a long time. TY.
90 Worgen Warrior
I LOVE FURY but, when you try both ways 10 times you will pick arms unfortunately:( You will notice that you swing slower but waaayyyyy harder and it slows down the fight more so you can control the mechanics of the fight. Also when execute phase pops its truly GG!! Overall you will eventually go arms just sayin. GO DUCKS

Just wanna say too...Just cause us warriors can hit harder now dont forget the things that make us warriors keep them disarmed, slowed, stunned, and demoralized!
90 Orc Warrior
They could just have Raging Blow useable at anytime on a 6 sec cd and hit with main hand and apply the ms debuff, and have it refresh and work the same way it does now when you gain raging blow stacks.

Really its the fact that fury needs a ability on a short cd that has little rage cost. There are an infinite amount of ways to do so without any major overhauls to furys mechanics inorder to make it on par with arms. The EASIEST might be to just simple double the proc chance on wildstrike in arenas and bgs
Edited by Ezyo on 12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST
90 Orc Warrior
http://youtu.be/pR1MG-5BBvg

If link doesn't work YouTube fury pvp gear breaker. Classic
90 Draenei Warrior
10/03/2012 04:50 AMPosted by Furytime
You would need 33% crit chance to make Fury even with Arms.

Wrong.
90 Human Rogue
Idk, TG Reckstorm is pretty funny
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]