Onyx Egg Spawn Rate

100 Pandaren Monk
Now i kno blizzard didn't intend for people to be exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent so fast but now trying to farm eggs makes me want to punch smeone in the face. Was it really necessary to nerf to spawn rate so hard into the ground? i bet that the rate go decreasedbyt more than half, probably 75%. There is absolutely no reason for this much of a nerfage. You would think that with an awesome looking mount such as this blizzard would want players to have an enjoyable experience grinding out the rep for this mount and not leaving the Isle angrily with one maybe two eggs a day. Also, hey need to actually make cloud serpents BOA and not have to get exalted on every singl character
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The spawn rate wasn't touched. The only thing that changed was the amount of people looking for them now.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I've only managed to find one.

Honestly I mainly just stick to the dailies, just like I did with the Netherwing drakes. It might take longer but at least I'm not clawing my eyes out in frustration.

Although I really wish I had farmed it before it was nerfed, lol.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
The egg spawns were nerfed? I just figured there were a ton of people farming them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It did need to be nerfed that hard. It is supposed to be like nether drakes. Eggs are supposed to be like "OMG I FOUND AN EGG SWEET!". Originally I found 40 eggs in 2 hours when I got to 90. The nerf needed to happen I'm just glad I managed to get exalted before it happened.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/01/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Melenia
The spawn rate wasn't touched. The only thing that changed was the amount of people looking for them now.

This is what I'm thinking is going on.

A few people got away with rage farming them before most were aware of the rep, faction, eggs, yadda yadda. It's been a week and now that people know where those awesome mounts came from, they're all going to get one of their own.
Reply Quote
Your not suppose to "farm" onyx eggs. They are suppose to be a once in a while "ooh i found an egg".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
^

I'll be Revered tomorrow with zero eggs found and I didn't hit 90 until last Friday. It's a fairly short grind, the eggs should be nice little surprises, not your main source of rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Ziaki
They are suppose to be a once in a while "ooh i found an egg".

The problem with that is... how do you find the eggs randomly? I have yet to find 1 on the ground (where most of the dailies are) and most of them seem to be on the tall mountains around the area. I just dont see how they are a "look i found an egg" thing. They seem to be a more "ok wheres an egg? finally i found 1!!!!!" thing for me. Ive only found 2 and i was actually looking for them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Perkypanda
wait what eggs!

Eggs-actly ha see what I did there

yeah they had to nerf it no one was on inbetween 3am- 5am only 5 eggs checked all spawn points multiple times, that being said I think they should not have nerfed it, its not fair to let some people get exalted in a few hours of farming and make everyone else hard grind rep. Those are things (the spawn rate of the eggs) that you fix before going live not after. Side note quit cutting corners bliz please put the focus back on the consumer not the stockholder, We've noticed it.
Edited by Granular on 10/5/2012 5:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I do believe that I did see a blue post saying that the eggs were spawning way too fast and that they did decrease the spawn rate. They want you to do dailies to get rep not farm eggs and get easy rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/01/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Kreag
The nerf needed to happen I'm just glad I managed to get exalted before it happened.

do as I say not as I do?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sorry for u guys. I have exalted since 2nd day of MoP :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If you don't like it, just don't do it. There's a ton of things that I disliked/disagreed with in WoW, and I just don't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Doing the dailies are more relaxing then camping for eggs. By tomorrow l'll be revered with the serpent faction. I tried to look for 1 egg and it didn't work out for me, only thing it did is stressing me out.
Reply Quote
I'm revere and I have not seen a single egg.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Anastasiia
The nerf needed to happen I'm just glad I managed to get exalted before it happened.

do as I say not as I do?

More like the nerf needed to happen I'm just glad I managed to get exalted before it happened. If you want to interpret it as anything other than that well... go ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Had they had that spawn rate at launch no one would be complaining. It's the fact they let it go on for around 3 days (long enough for 5-10% of server 90s to get exalted) then nerfed it into the ground.

Moderation is a word Blizzard should learn. Holy shock is OP! Holy shock hits like a wet noodle. Penance is OP in low level BGs! Penance doesn't do anything in low level BGs. Eggs are everywhere at all times! Eggs are impossible to find! Mistweavers are a joke in sub 90 BGs! Lol... still waiting for it, but we all know it's coming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]