I have been asked to do some recruiting. I know how hard this is in the server with such a large population and plenty of big level 25 guilds. So I am asking, what is the appeal of a small guild versus a big one? Is it the smaller amount of drama? The general lack of griefing if you want to rp with a small number of people and not a huge group?
I want to know what it is that appeals to people who are looking for a guild. What can we offer to make us special and not the same old tired but almost impossible promises of:
1. We help you level and offer dungeon runs. (we can do this, but it is up to you the player to make an effort)
2. Mats for leveling professions. (nice to offer but I find most people sell their mats for gold)
3. Groups for dungeons. (this appeals to me on a couple levels, I like having guild runs to level the guild, and knowing who you are running with and that they actually are accountable for their actions is nice)
4. Advice as to gear and class. (new expansion is fun, but are you as confused as I am at some of the changes? I don't like getting yelled at when I am struggling to learn something. Be patient and helpful and I will love you long time!)
5. Rp. I love it and have no hesitation in helping someone to learn. What better place to find a partner than a guild with friendly people looking for some conversation and friendships?
Ok your turn, I listed some of the things I enjoy about a smaller guild. Can I hear a few more or some suggestions?