Moonguard PVP Video/talk thread

90 Draenei Priest
Hello there!

I'm aware that Moonguard is a RP realm and one would assume there wouldn't be a lot of PVP here but I like PVP. I would play on a PVP realm but Moon Guard is just too exciting to pass up....and I don't even RP.

Well long story short I'm a causal PVPer, I do arenas and RBGs and PuG BGs and I started making videos recently.

I don't know of any PVP guilds on MG and I am currently in a lvling/social type of guild and I was wondering if there are any PVP focused guilds? I'd prefer a guild that does mostly arenas and RBGs too if we could gather enough people.

Anyway besides that I'd like to make this tread about talking about strategies and giving each other tips about PVP. I'll be posting videos and other people can post videos too. Feel free to give people feedback and tips about how to improve their PVP based on their video(s).

I recorded 4 BGs while lvling from 70-75 and I'm currently exporting/uploading them to youtube so I"ll post them later.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm not sure about Alliance. But on the Horde, I think there's one called Undaunted. Er..

You could try RP. There are plenty of RP guilds here that do a lot of PvP as well. Some have even had large campaigns that included large-scale World PvP battles.
Edited by Ethelorne on 9/28/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There are a few pvp guilds here. Whether or not you'll enjoy them is another thing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I don't know how many dedicated PvP guilds there are here (not many I'd imagine) but there are definitely a good amount of PvP-inclined people here. Also, as Ethelorne said, even some RP guilds will go out and PvP now and then.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Sadly, I mistakenly thought RP servers would be full of PvP, as this is a WAR game and I thought people would take the attack on their land which they grew up in more seriously. To me PvP in World of WARcraft is the ultimate roleplay. Until expansion 10 comes out where the Orcs go back to their world and the scourge are eliminated and it becomes more like SIMS online, it would be nice to see more rpers taking attacks on their lands seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/28/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Hakudoshi
Sadly, I mistakenly thought RP servers would be full of PvP, as this is a WAR game and I thought people would take the attack on their land which they grew up in more seriously. To me PvP in World of WARcraft is the ultimate roleplay. Until expansion 10 comes out where the Orcs go back to their world and the scourge are eliminated and it becomes more like SIMS online, it would be nice to see more rpers taking attacks on their lands seriously.

Blame it on neutral rpers (No, nothing wrong with that) and the reality that planning rp-pvp events is hard.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
You think they would, but apparently, not.

I agree, this. Sucks!
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
09/28/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Arlifrex

Blame it on neutral rpers (No, nothing wrong with that) and the reality that planning rp-pvp events is hard.

I guess I don't get the neutral rp deal...if youre rping your toon as you are them....is the reaction you'd have if foreign troops invaded your city to just stand there and keep talking with others about the weather and politics as those foreign troops blow the heads off of your friends, family, neighbors, and poor old mrs johnson( the cat lady) down the street? I would naturally assume most people, especially if they were skilled in combat, would try and defend..

As far as pvp-rp planning, i might agree that its difficult although a few guilds seem to be adept at it. I guess I feel war would be a little more chaotic and inconvenient....i dont remember the last time two countries had a war going on and asked each other to meet up in a neutral field and bring X amount of people for a battle. Then after the war they pat each other on the butts and say "good game, thanks for killing my friends and family". Doesnt make sense to me... :-/
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Simply put Hakudoshi, not everyone on this realm is all too thrilled with people running around e-peen stroking about their ratings on our realm. Most of us couldn't give two flying flips about PVP in general, and prefer to stay out of those types of realms and situations.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
well two of my pvp videos got rejected by youtube even though they are the exact same format as the one that successfully upload. And that one was the largest file and had the longest duration...

anyway here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOvskKkEzAM
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Some people roleplay civilians. Or want to be realistic in their roleplay.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

Rofl. I love SIMS online.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Well as bad as my first MoP instance went at lvl 86 I'm scared to do DISC pvp. We'll see how it goes :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I love MGs RP-PvP community, being an Emerald Dream refugee back in BC myself.

That said, if you don't RP, you don't belong on this server. End of discussion.

And on that note, thank you, Blizzard, for making my spec juggernaut Jesus mode in PvP when played correctly. I lul at rets who pick up Sanct Wrath or Execution.
Edited by Lailokan on 10/4/2012 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]