Can only loot ONE mob at a time.

90 Blood Elf Priest
In my mac client, I have encountered a very irritating bug. Any time i kill multiple NPCs, I can only loot one, and then all of the other 'sparkles' go away. If I click on one of the others I am told I do not have permission to loot it.

Is there a way to repair the client, a setting I could try, anything? Now that the game has swollen to over 20 GB I can't just re install the client on a whim. This bug is making quests take longer, and making me lose resources (like cloth) when I make multiple kills.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
*I am using a 2011 macbook pro, quad core sandy bridge i7, 8gb ram, radeon 6750 graphics card.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Uhh, in case you haven't heard, Blizzard has done away with single loots per mob. Now, when you kill multiple mobs, you only have to loot one and it will have the combined loot of the other mobs. So yeah, this is the way it's meant to be now, and it's a hell of a lot easier than single-targeting each dead mob to loot like we've been used to for so long.

So this must be the case, unless I'm not understanding correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh ok this is a great response. I have indeed been away from wow for almost a year, so I'm not aware of all changes. I assume the behavior I am seeing is consistent with what you are describing. As long as I'm not losing loot, then it's just fine with me.

Thanks! I'd upvote you if I could, but I dont think that's a thing on these forums.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Thanks! I'd upvote you if I could, but I dont think that's a thing on these forums.

Hover over the post and click the Like button on the right.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
The multi-loot does have a limited range though. Past about 30 yards, it won't pick up corpses to loot from, so if you have a field of scattered corpses that aren't relatively tightly packed, you may still need to loot more than one body on the ground.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I'm having the same issue. I can see that wow has changed it to a mass loot; but I don't think it's working properly. When I go through an instance I'm not picking up ALL the items I know are being dropped; nor the amount of silver/gold.

I've tested to see if it works and if I individually loot each corpse before killing the next mob then I get all the mats I know should drop. But if I kill a mob of 3-4 at once and loot one, I only get a fraction of what I know I should be getting. Can anyone explain this to me?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]