Action bars are bugged

90 Tauren Hunter
i posted about this got zero help with it maybe some1 will see it here and help!

switched my pc to my 52" flat screen S-video everything runs fine except the bags go behind my action bars also pet bar is too lower to use ... ive tryed disabling addons and cache and resolution but it remains a problem .... reload ui is no help ither or ui scale in system/interface ......
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Warrior
S-Video? What kind of resolution are you able to use in game? Also, I'm sure the color is terrible compared to current medium and you should really look into getting a DVI -> HDMI cable/adapter. This article from last year ( http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1P2aALKH51V/learn/learningcenter/home/TV-connections.html ) states that S-Video can only achieve 480i. Whether that's true or not, I don't know as I ditched my S-Video setup when I stopped playing PSX 10 years ago.

Also, how do your bags go behind your action bars when all of your add-ons are disabled? Do you have a screenshot? Not that they should be behind your action bars anyway, but you must either have your UI scale cranked to max (you already said that's not it) or you're playing at the lowest supported resolution due to that S-Video cable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
To fix the bag/petbar positioning (mine were messed up as well), go to Interface > Action Bars and uncheck then recheck all the various extra action bars.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
TBI
The first reply is right about S video.

Connect using HDMI or regular old DVI. If that still fails, delete your WTF folder and start from scratch.
Edited by Lexiya on 9/28/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
yea svideo is crap but dvi to hdmi sucks but i like the bigger screen ... for some reason dvi to hdmi it cuts out and makes noise the screen just blacks out flashes ... i dont know how to fix it but i returned the cable ...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/evilKAOS666/WoWScrnShot_091212_115405.jpg

^ screenie ill try unclick them all again but i dont know im not sure if deleteding the WTF folder will do tho i dont wanna get banned or something ...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
............... yea reclicking them all does nothing ....
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Warrior
09/28/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Häwkeye
everything runs fine except the bags go behind my action bars

09/28/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Häwkeye
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/evilKAOS666/WoWScrnShot_091212_115405.jpg

Your bags sure don't look like they're behind your action bars except maybe at the very very bottom right... but is that really hindering your game play? To be honest, you're probably seeing some odd behavior due to the fact that you're playing at the lowest possible resolution available.

yea svideo is crap but dvi to hdmi sucks but i like the bigger screen ... for some reason dvi to hdmi it cuts out and makes noise the screen just blacks out flashes ... i dont know how to fix it but i returned the cable...

If you're unwilling to troubleshoot the DVI -> HDMI issues that you're experiencing and you're hellbent on playing World of Warcraft on your television at 640x480, then that's what your screen is going to look like.

However, I'll assume that it's most likely your video card that's causing those issues because of the fact it actually has an S-Video port. Almost all (if not, all) video cards manufactured these days come with HDMI or Display Port outputs in addition to DVI/VGA (including laptops).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
the bags are behind the damn side action bars ..... i can not access the very right of my bags at all .... and its not the resulution .... screen pixels have nothing to do with the bags behind the damn action bars .... ... everything works fine with svideo ... except the damn bags !!!

look at the screen shot again bro ... look at the right side .... and the pet bar ....

the video card is nvida geforce GTX 250 dont have a problem playing battlefied 3 or anything else
Edited by Häwkeye on 9/29/2012 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Warrior
the bags are behind the damn side action bars ..... i can not access the very right of my bags at all .... and its not the resulution .... screen pixels have nothing to do with the bags behind the damn action bars .... the resulotion is the same as if it was HDmi or dvi cable ... everything works fine with svideo ... except the damn bags !!!

look at the screen shot again bro ... look at the right side .... and the pet bar ....

Alright bro, I see. They looked like regular items in your bags at a quick glance at 6AM. Sorry bro, I don't have a fix for you that Blizzard hasn't already told you to do. Also bro, there's no possible way that an HDMI cable gave you the same resolution as that S-Video cable gives.

Good luck, bro; hopefully someone else can assist you with this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
no prob i solved the problem with a new video card getting the gtx 560 which has an hdmi output built it .... gunna up my power suplly too i didnt mean to be rude this problem has just been frustrating .....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]