General Behavior on Our Realm

90 Night Elf Druid
First, I understand. Its Mists of Pandaria folks.
Pandas. New zones. New instances. New Raids. Holy crap, pet battles!

Everything is so new, so exciting, and the quests are pretty interesting, not to mention everything is so pretty, everyone's eyeballs are going to start turning into swirly targets.

BUT.

Everyone or at least the majority of those out there, have been here on Hellscream, for at least two years.
Which means.... when Wrath of the Lich King came out, nobody did the things im about to mention.
And if they did, it was very few and far between incidents, and nobody really noticed.

Some of the things ive noticed in the past few days since MOP was released, or became "live" on the servers (which ever you prefer), are listed below.

1. Rudeness.
Seriously, mob stealing, ore node stealing, herb node stealing, people running up and mass hitting everything just long enough for folks to move on, and then they end up dying because they're SO greedy, they just want to level SO fast...
C'mon folks. This isn't rocket science.
This isn't WWE Monday Night Raw.. (although that rocks too).
This is WoW. These are other PEOPLE on the other end of your computer screen, trying to do the same sh!t you're doing, and nobody should be this rude.
I understand some people want to catch up with your brothers, uncles, sisters, mothers, fathers, dog... but being slightly courteous here and there, is not going to kill you.

2. Being an A$$.
I thought that blizz had fixed the problem, where when fifty people were standing ON quest givers, auction house folks, mail boxes, etc... that nobody really did it anymore.
I haven't seen an incident of "hiding the object" in years.
But all of a sudden, people think that they can just stand on NPCs, mobs, AH NPCs, mail boxes... oh god the list is endless.
I know you cant see in 'front' of your mammoth when you're running around. Or that massive effing dragon, but c'mon.
There is no reason under the Azerothian sun, that you need to stand ON NPCs and items that folks use constantly.
The most recent one, quest giver in the brewfest area. Come on folks. This is not just rude, you're interrupting daily routines and those that want to get the brewfest stuff out of the way as fast as possible? You're totally interrupting their "groove" or whatever.
Anyway, stay off of the "objects of interest". Standing a little farther back, or even pulling up to the side is not going to kill you or prevent you from using this "object of interest".

3. Overall behavior.
Sure, everyone is a little stressed to make it to level 90.
Sure, everyone wants to do the same quests, and there's fifty other people doing the same quest, so all the mobs are spoken for or are caught up doing other things.
Sure, there's a dozen thousand other reasons why you should be a total jerk to everyone around you, even when someone asks you a simple question.
But, you just ... shouldn't.
Why you ask? Because its the right thing to do. Oh yeah, that sounded text book.
But seriously, when someone asks a question or needs a bit of help doing other mobs or whatever else... shoot a mob a couple of times, cast an instant spell to help damage, or hell, answer a question if you've got the answer.
But please stop being rude just to be rude. Especially when the person on the receiving end is trying to be serious, and you're not. That's just mean.

Anyway, just a few things ive noticed.
Take it or leave it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
For the whole standing on quest givers thing.
1: bind "interact with target" to something.
2: turn on friendly nameplates
3: click friendly nameplate
4: hit keybind for interact with target

As for everything else..... *insert image of deal with it meme*

Outside of your circle of friends, no one cares about your happiness in this game. Gathering nodes, quest nodes and quest mobs are fair game for anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/28/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Riyeko
But please stop being rude just to be rude

I'm gonna ask you a completely honest question here:
Do you not spend much time online?

Because honestly, "GUYS STOP BEING MEAN :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<" is just going to make it worse.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I was on my rogue the other night getting some starter herbs and I took an herb from someone fighting a mob nearby. Of course, I didn't realize they were clearing the mob for the herb until they gave me a rude gesture. I felt bad, but they were alliance so I couldn't give it back, which I usually do.

I dunno... I think that some of the stuff is unintentional, like when often times phasing can cause you to not even see a person, and stuff like that. Other times, its just good old human greedy nature pushing us. But Fearnot's right, our very nature and the nature of the game is not Hello Kitty Island. Its competitive and no one really cares for anyone else, with few exceptions, outside of their circle.

Good thread though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I like to direct you to 4chan, I believe it is a place for gentlemen and scholars.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
>Gathering nodes, quest nodes and quest mobs are fair game for anyone.

This is one of those things.... once you see how it works in GW2, you wonder why the kuff any game is still doing it any other way.

Then again, being stuck in a 6 year old rut is the ruling theme for Warcraft now. I can't wait for my free time to run out so I can officially vote with my dollars and tell Blizzard just how terrible they've let their once great game become. :(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Oh for those that don't know-- mobs, quest nodes, ore and resource nodes are all unique to each player. Meaning if you see a node, you can run up and harvest it once-- but it's still there for anyone else to come get it. So there's no "node stealing" at all.

Mobs are the same way. It actually BENEFITS you if people help you kill stuff. There is no downside. If I'm running from A to B and I see people along the way in random fights, I'll cast a spell here and there just for something to do and people always say in local chat "hey thanks!!" It encourages a much better social interaction when you LOOK FORWARD to people being around you! wow... such a simple idea!

But until Blizzard decides to innovate ... ANYTHING .... AT ALL ... don't bother complaining. The ONLY way you'll make your voice heard is to vote with your dollars and unsub. Sucks... but it's true. It's the only thing big companies care about anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/30/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Stalked
But please stop being rude just to be rude

Because honestly, "GUYS STOP BEING MEAN :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<" is just going to make it worse.

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD, STALKED? ALSO THIS IS VERY TRUE, I TELL STALKED TO STOP BEING MEAN AND HE IS JUST MEANER AND MEANER. :<<< PLZ STOP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It encourages a much better social interaction when you LOOK FORWARD to people being around you! wow... such a simple idea!.

And here I was under the impression you were happy to see people because the two of you could laugh about how you've both run out of hearts and aren't high enough yet to move on to the next zone.
Reply Quote
Are you asking people on the WoW forums to be kind to people? AHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like turtles.

Even if they swapped kill tagging to work more GW2 "assistance" system it doesn't change the fact that some people will still continue be less considerate of others.

C'est la vie
Edited by Monkolyth on 10/10/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Oh for those that don't know-- mobs, quest nodes, ore and resource nodes are all unique to each player. Meaning if you see a node, you can run up and harvest it once-- but it's still there for anyone else to come get it. So there's no "node stealing" at all.

Mobs are the same way. It actually BENEFITS you if people help you kill stuff. There is no downside. If I'm running from A to B and I see people along the way in random fights, I'll cast a spell here and there just for something to do and people always say in local chat "hey thanks!!" It encourages a much better social interaction when you LOOK FORWARD to people being around you! wow... such a simple idea!

But until Blizzard decides to innovate ... ANYTHING .... AT ALL ... don't bother complaining. The ONLY way you'll make your voice heard is to vote with your dollars and unsub. Sucks... but it's true. It's the only thing big companies care about anymore.

Brocknor, the point about mobs and ore being individual is patently not true. Ore and nodes of some things DO disappear when others get to it first. They see you fighting a mob right over it, and they come steal it, and yes it is gone. And they laugh.

For the "quest bosses" (like the giant Behemoths or "Cracklefang" the wolf, both for the Golden Lotus dailies), YES you want several people to join together and help kill it. And you all get the credit. But for SOME of the individual NPC mobs or objects that are needed to complete quests (like the Golden Lotus quest where you need to rescue Pandaren away from their Mogu enslavers) , YES...someone can steal your kill... and get credit for it... right out from under you!

There is another daily for Tillers that requires you to "re-steal" vegetables back from the Hozen village. YES.. the vegetables disappear when they are taken by someone, even though you were there fighting Hozen right over a pile of them and it should be readily apparent that that is what YOU were working on getting. And someone takes advantage of your being "busy" to come steal the vegetables. The vegetables are gone, that is that, and they don't come back for awhile. And for some of us that do not have super-high i-Level gear yet, we have worked very very hard to makes those kills and get to those items, and it is extremely frustrating.

Granted, some of the frustration and poor behavior comes from low spawn rates and high demand for some of these daily quest requirements. The spawn rates of Pandaren that you have to rescue from Mogu and the piles of vegetables that you have to re-steal from Hozen are simply too low for the current demand. I think this is part of the reason for the "mean" behavior occurring. But its still not excusable.

Oh and there is a way to make change through voice. Write the problem in a clear, calm and understandable manner and I believe YES, it does make a difference.

Players, please stop being inconsiderate. It is not being a good sport to steal things from other players, and you should not feel good about things "earned" at others' expense. You don't like it when someone does it to you. There are life-lessons that can be learned in a game like this, but let's remember that it IS a game.

Blizzard, please help there to be less reason for bad behavior. Please put more mobs and nodes up of the high-demand items (like the pandarens and vegetables I was talking about) so as to help discourage the stealing that apparently some people feel is needed to complete their quests.
Edited by Lishwaren on 10/12/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I still like turtles.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Another thing is dailies. I know everyone's doing their own stuff, but it doesn't hurt to team up with other Horde member you see and share your quest with and you can then finish your dailies up faster.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Brocknor, the point about mobs and ore being individual is patently not true...blahblahblah wall of text crits for 1290386236 more op than bm hunter nerf pls

He double posted champ.
Read the first one, context is fun.

Also go back to your own realm forums.

The rest of you are all ugly.
PCE OUT SON
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
I hate to... REALLY hate to agree with stalked because it's almost like agreeing with baggy, but

Wow. World of warcraft. No. The internet... is a place where there are few rules and less consequences. The rules here on hellscream are: if you can do it, you can do it, if you can't, the blizzard government didn't legislate it. The consequences for breaking those rules are being banned because you're hacking. Anything else is fair game. Don't b!tch about people doing what they want over you, because then they'll troll you. So what if people have been on the server for years? I've been on this server for years and MoP is BC, and is Wrath. New races, same pattern. Don't get caught up in the race. If you want to start a movement, make a successful guild, get somewhere where you have something others do not and blacklist people who don't follow your etiquette. Otherwise, can it because you're going to frustrate yourself. You would probably frustrate yourself going with my suggestion because upon completion you would realize what you are complaining about are bots, and that anyone can random que.

Also pro tip: This is blizzard's game, not yours, do not focus on imbalances or the inability to 1up your fellow raid members/opponents from one patch to the next.

Have fun gaming and remember, wow is about anonymous multiplayer, which is essentially queing up for an orgy with a bunch of people you WILL find out you didn't want to have sex with, and who stick stuff in places you didn't ask it to be stuck. You must master inner peace Dahli llama stuff in order to enjoy your experience, and it will carry on to other parts of your life(or buy a gun irl and don't bother chatting with people on the internet).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I spend enough time on the internet to know about the whole epeen crap and the whole bullying thing.
And no, I wasnt screaming "stop being mean waaa"... i was asking the majority of the adult and teenage population on the realm to act like human beings... not to be holed up hermits with no understanding of social morals and ethics.

Random comments about GW2

I do not play guild wars, but a friend of mine does, and he tells me its the same here as it is there when it comes to mobs and nodes of things.
Still, game difference has nothing to do with the fact that everyone is acting like an a$$.
Everyone can still be respectful and helpful ... regardless of game and/or server.

I hate to... REALLY hate to agree with stalked because it's almost like agreeing with baggy, but

Wow. World of warcraft. No. The internet... is a place where there are few rules and less consequences. The rules here on hellscream are: if you can do it, you can do it, if you can't, the blizzard government didn't legislate it. The consequences for breaking those rules are being banned because you're hacking.

Who said anything about hacking or botting?
Nobody is complaining about people actually cheating.
Im talking about people who are outwardly rude to one another for no good reason other than, just to be rude.
Sure I have my moments where someone asks just a plain and simple, stupid question and I give them a response that is less than kind.
But when someone is asking about one of the world raid bosses, and theyre being serious, and then someone answers with a completely unrelated, rude, and overall unnescesary comment, its like... Why?
Person was being serious and honest and you had to come up with "eat my shorts" ?
Just ridiculous.
(and no, the response "eat my shorts" didnt happen, its just an example)
Edited by Riyeko on 10/16/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Anything else is fair game. Don't b!tch about people doing what they want over you, because then they'll troll you.

I expected to be trolled when I posted this.
Why? Because Hellscream is one of the oldest servers and if you dont have a skin made of dragon scales and steel, threads and "online feelings" can go downhill right quick.

And im not !@#$%ing. I said at the end of my post, take it or leave it. Several have left it where it sits and thats fine with me.
If they read it, then maybe I got through to one person. And that one person can make all the change.

So what if people have been on the server for years? I've been on this server for years and MoP is BC, and is Wrath. New races, same pattern. Don't get caught up in the race. If you want to start a movement, make a successful guild, get somewhere where you have something others do not and blacklist people who don't follow your etiquette. Otherwise, can it because you're going to frustrate yourself. You would probably frustrate yourself going with my suggestion because upon completion you would realize what you are complaining about are bots, and that anyone can random que.

Pretty sure im not complaining about bots.
Ive seen these people more times than not running around the 90 daily rep questing areas again and again.
These arent bots just running around.
~~~
Reason I mentioned people being on the server for years is because like I said before, I didnt see a lot of this during WOTLK.
And if I did, it was usually a horde guy doing the same quest as myself, and thats understandable on the "quest mob stealing" aspect, as both of us cant join a group and kill it.
Course, in the event that happened, usually myself and the horde would stand around and help each other kill the quest mob, there would be some /thanks and other emotes thrown around, but it wasnt like it was another alliance member coming up and going "nah nah i got your mob you have to wait".
~~~
Creating a guild to blacklist people does nothing.
What should I just make a list on here as a thread and post everyones names and their wrong doings?
F that. Thats too time consuming and too .... whiny.
Besides, who does that anymore? Sure, theres a few people running around that everyone knows about that they shouldnt group with or whatever... but making a guild specifically for this?
What would I name it? The b!tchers elite??

Also pro tip: This is blizzard's game, not yours, do not focus on imbalances or the inability to 1up your fellow raid members/opponents from one patch to the next.

Sure it is. But we play it.
They may play it as well, but ... if everyone on the server at peak time did one nice thing for someone else, this problem would completely disappear in 15 minutes.

Also, nobodys trying to "one up" anyone else.
This is all about common curtosy and how to treat other people in a MMORPG.

Its everyones responsibility on how they treat other people, regardless of the faction.
Sure I can understand horde players and vise versa being completely rude to one another... stealing nodes and mobs n whatnot.. thats understandable with the whole A vs H thing, but most of these people have been on the same faction.
At least thats what ive seen.

Have fun gaming and remember, wow is about anonymous multiplayer, which is essentially queing up for an orgy with a bunch of people you WILL find out you ~~~snip~~~

I will have fun gaming.
Thats why I play WoW is the interaction with people is unique.
I can play a game with someone that lives 2000 miles away, and they are right there, talking to me, running around with me on the screen and doing whatever.
Thats the great thing about WoW.
But when you get random people running around being rude just to be rude and being inconsiderate, it makes game play for EVERYONE kind of stupid and not worth it.

PS... there is a thread on these forums here already describing the rudeness of the server.

Edit: Exceeded the character limit per post and spelling.
Edited by Riyeko on 10/16/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
anyone else think this is silly?

There is no reward for being a nice guy in this game, other then the feeling you get from performing an altruistic act. If everyone played that way, everyone would be level 1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]