Kamazhi's "Detailed as Hell" Armory!

90 Night Elf Warrior
I know what those are. :3

They're called uh... Like punch daggers or fistblades or something in another game I play.

What about the Fist of the Diety? It kinda reminds me of a police baton turned backward(Short end forward)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
I know what those are. :3

They're called uh... Like punch daggers or fistblades or something in another game I play.

What about the Fist of the Diety? It kinda reminds me of a police baton turned backward(Short end forward)

The Fists of the Deity aren't too bad. A bit cartoonish in design but that's just WoW's art style, so I tend to let it slide. For the most part, they're bladed tonfa.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Oh cool.

They look awesome and I want to use them but I don't have any characters that use fist weapons. =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Really amazing guide here. I loved every second of it. Can't wait to read what's coming up. I do have a question though, Would mace/mace or mace/anything else be a viable combination for dual weilding?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Really amazing guide here. I loved every second of it. Can't wait to read what's coming up. I do have a question though, Would mace/mace or mace/anything else be a viable combination for dual weilding?

Thanks for the kind words!

As for your question, it depends on the kind of mace; the shorter and lighter the better. That said, mace/dagger is a perfectly viable combination. You'll want a dagger that is mostly built for thrusting and slashing, so it should be lighter, thinner, and with a tapered point.

Personally, I would recommend, for example, a stiletto knife paired with a flanged mace.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
(I love this thread, I'm glad to see you're back posting in it.)
Edited by Vandrysse on 4/11/2013 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Also, any questions on Ulfberht tactics if you need it Kam, just give a call.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Also, any questions on Ulfberht tactics if you need it Kam, just give a call.

I'm sorry, I can't actually tell if you meant feel free to ask you any questions I have, or if you're asking if I need you to ask me certain questions.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Hi sorry real life happened, hammering these out as I can find the time!

XXIII: Wakizashi

A well-known and critical complement to the japanese warrior's arsenal, the wakizashi deserves its' reputation for reliability, versatility and surprising power. With a name derived from an abbreviated form of the phrase "wakizashi no kataka," or "sword thrust at one's side," the wakizashi was often worn with a tachi or katana, a pairing known as a 'daisho' -- literally, 'big-little'. Used mostly in the early 15th century and onward, the wakizashi was a ceremonial and practical armament, used as a backup weapon when disarmed, a smaller close-quarters weapon for when a katana was impractical, and a tool for committing ritualistic suicide.

A wakizashi's about 12"-30" in length, and weighs between one and one and a half pounds. With a lightly curved blade, thick spine and razor-sharp edge, it's a fast, dangerous slashing and thrusting weapon, well-suited to quickly striking unarmored opponents or exploiting the gaps in scale or plate, though like its' larger cousin the katana, it can't quite penetrate through the thicker parts of the armor. Usually, a wakizashi is wielded in conjunction with a free hand, as grabbing or striking an opponent can help a warrior exploit a critical vulnerability in their adversary. At times, however, it would be used in the offhand with a tachi or katana, usually in an attempt to overwhelm an opponent. Musashi Miyamoto in particular was famous for this style and used it to great success while dueling; that said, it should be clarified that such an aggressive form is best-suited to single combat or small skirmishes, and leaves the wielder too vulnerable to be useful in a larger battle. Miyamoto was an incredible duelist, but he was exactly that - not a samurai or soldier.

All in all, the wakizashi is a potent choice for a warrior that favors precision and agility, who doesn't mind sacrificing armor penetration. As a close-quarters weapon or sidearm, it's a flexible, versatile tool, and its speed is nearly unmatched.
Edited by Kamazhi on 4/12/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
auuugh sorry guys I am INCREDIBLY SICK the last couple of days have been a haze

updates coming ASAP
Reply Quote
Too far down! I need this for crossbow research. *gives a bump to awesome post*
Reply Quote
Bump for better combat!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Hey, guys. Sorry there haven't been any updates lately; without getting into too much detail, I lost a close friend to suicide and have been...dealing with that.

I'll be back to updating pretty soon, and I have some pretty big news: I'm making a website for the armory, to ease navigation! So I'll be alternating my free time before working on that and posting new entries here.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
Ouch. That's awful. I hope they're doing better now and continue to improve!

And that's awesome, Kamazhi! I can't wait to read the new site.
Reply Quote
Would you be able to do the kusarigama, aka: chain sickle?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
05/20/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Kamazhi
suicide

Ouch. That's awful. I hope they're doing better now and continue to improve!

...You lost me.

Would you be able to do the kusarigama, aka: chain sickle?

Yeah no problem.
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to reading about it, have a character concept that uses one, and I want to be able to use it in a realistic manner.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
XXI: Kusarigama

There are few weapons as exotic and unpredictable as chained ones, and the kusarigama is a perfect example of why. A traditional Japanese weapon during the muromachi period in the 1300s, the kusarigama - made up of a kama (sickle) and kusari (chain), with a weight attached to the end of the latter - was originally designed as an improvised method of self-defense by peasants by reforging their farming scythes. Over time, it was refined and became a useful sidearm of warriors thanks to its' range and unusual attack patterns.

A Kusarigama's sickle is lightweight, usually weighing between two and two and a half pounds, while the weight on the end of the chain will be between two and four pounds. Usually, the chain is between six and seven feet long, but like many traits of many weapons, this can change depending on the preferences of the user. A longer chain makes for a better range, while a shorter one keeps the weapon light and dexterous in melee combat.

The art of wielding a kusarigama is known as kusarigamajutsu, and is included most prominently in the Koryu school of kenjutsu. Techniques using the kusarigama teach the wielder to employ the chain, handle, and sickle in unison or independently for both offensive and defensive measures. Typically when encountering a foe, the chain is wound over the user's head or at their side, spinning the weight before it is released in an attempt to strike the opponent's head or limbs. At closer ranges, the user may instead wrap the chain around their opponent's weapon arm, allowing them to close in and attack with the sickle without fear of retaliation. In close-quarters combat, the chain is usually drawn in tight and no longer whirled; instead, the sickle is used both offensively and defensively with the wooden handle employed for bashes and the sickle used for strikes, and then the kusarigama wielder can use their openings to wrap the chain about their assailant's throat or arms to make them vulnerable.

Despite the kusarigamas versatility, it is not without drawbacks. Most notorious and limiting is that neither the sickle nor the weight are capable of harming someone in chain or plate armor, making the weapon's effectiveness against heavily armored foes nearly nothing. Furthermore, it can be a difficult weapon to master, and if the opponent manages to grab hold of the chain or weight, the wielder of the kusarigama could easily find themselves disarmed. For this reason, it was employed more often as a sidearm than a primary weapon, a potent tool for fending off groups of lightly armored attackers or keeping a single foe at range.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Wouldn't mind hearing more requests! Got some stuff in mind I could add, but I'd like to prioritize anything people want up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Lorebump.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]