Yeah, about Golden Lotus...

90 Worgen Druid
PLEASE, improve the spawn rate and location for this herb. It is near impossible to level Alchemy without it and it will be impossible to get enough for a progression raiding guild. So PLEASE improve spawn rates and spawn locations. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Impossible to level alchemy without it? Alchemy was so easy to level I did it on two chars for the living steel CD. I didn't use a single lotus.
Reply Quote
I lvled it on 3 chars, 2 without lotus, just used a few on the other because I had them and wanted the transmuted gems. I agree it's too low though, only found 3 so far.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Find Krystel. Give her a Spirit of Harmony. Get three Golden Lotus.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Problem solved.

3 Golden Lotus isn't enough and a waste of a Spirit of Harmony.

The spawn rate needs to be increased or make them an extra drop from regular herbing like fel lotus was.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
spirits are going to be worth very little when people start hitting revered with the tillers and start growing them and golden lotus prices are going to be HEAVILY effected by this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/29/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Halanna

Three golden lotus is currently a pretty compelling offer compared to the other options that most professions have.

Alchemy: Nine golden lotus are currently worth several times more than a living steel CD.
Jewelcrafting: Some people would rather learn an extra recipe than have nine golden lotus, but I wouldn't.
Tailoring: Nine golden lotus > one imperial silk.
Enchanting/Mining/Herbing/Skinning: No other options.

Only engineers, blacksmiths, and leatherworkers have any compelling alternative uses for Spirits.
Edited by Keeblik on 9/29/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
how about blizzard just increases the amount of spirit harmoney's that drop...1 per 1/8 mobs isn't alot just saying..takes all day sometimes to get 3 spirits
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/29/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Halanna
The lotus are worth more than the living steel here...and I don't think OP is going to need them for his herbalism.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Leveling my Alchemy just fine, only gotten about 6 Lotuses so far. Used 3 for the stone and the rest have been for Gem transmutes.

You only really need them for flasks and the Gem transmutes everything else is just regular herbs.

Yeah the Spawn rate is low but it makes them all that more important. I have gone over hell and high water to get one when it shows up on my minimap.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Best thing about this???? Go get rep with tillers, plant motes of harmony. once exalted you get 16 motes a day. thats 11 spirit of harmony a week on 1 toon. turn em in for w/e ya need
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Problem solved.

The spawn rate needs to be increased or make them an extra drop from regular herbing like fel lotus was.

It already is an extra drop from regular herbing.

My first fel lotus on my mage was from a Green Tea Leaf herb. I actually got 3 of them off of it too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is said with every one of these items, every expansion.

I remember the same thing about frost lotus/whatever else.

I do wish it popped in regular herbs more. My herber/miner goes crazy, doing entire zones. I've gotten 4 golden lotus total since I started, with enough tea leaves to supply Lipton.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have to agree. In the last 3 days of non stop questing on my lock and not one single golden lotus.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I guess I've been luck. I've found alot of golden lotus on my miner/herber I think on Friday night in about a 2 hour span of farming I found 11 used 3 for my alchemist stone. Now the mote of harmony on the other hand :( WTB increased drop rate pst!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/29/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Ipman
Impossible to level alchemy without it? Alchemy was so easy to level I did it on two chars for the living steel CD. I didn't use a single lotus.

^This.

Tons of the cheap-to-make potions stay orange most if not all of the way to 600. Also, if you learn the recipe to transmute 10 Ghost Iron Bars --> Trillium Bar, just spam that for 5 point skillups until you're 600. Super easy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm not sure about you, but I was sitting on over 50 + Golden Lotus.

Thing is very readily available.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I'm not sure about you, but I was sitting on over 50 + Golden Lotus.

Thing is very readily available.

Care to share? Very readily available is a bit of a reach.

I've harvested thousands of herbs and spent considerable time in Jade, Kun-Lau, and Valley, but have only found 4.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There's no one specific spot. I would suggest checking wowhead though. It may very well provide a revelation to you, as to where to get this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've leveled alchemy on 2 characters and have used 0 lotus - you are doing something wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]