Why Lorewalkers Rep Grind was a blast

90 Night Elf Priest
Getting Lorewalkers to exhalted was a ton of fun. Refreshing, and completely different than every other rep grind available to us.

If you're not familiar with Lorewalkers or how to get rep with them, basically you visit lore monuments throughout pandaria and read them, getting achievements for completing sets of them. Upon getting achievements, you recieve reputation with Lorewalkers and a scroll in the mail directing you to meet with Lorewalker Cho, who gives you a more complete story, again increasing your rep. Check your Pandaria Exploration achievement tab for more info

In order to reach exhalted, you don't have to do a single daily.

Here's what I like about doing Lorewalkers achievements:
- It gets you out into the world---the whole world, every zone, to places you haven't quested or even taken the time to look at. The people you see out in the world are all doing their own thing, not in a congested area all working on the same daily quests
- It is heavily story driven---you learn a ton about the world your in just by doing these
- You can start anywhere, there's no particular order---and you can work on pieces of each achievement without having to do one of them at a time before moving to the next
- You can start while questing, though of course everything is easier with a flying mount
- The content isn't gated---the time you put into it will reflect how long it takes to complete it
- The rewards for raising rep feel very optional---very cool mount and tabard, but not stuff like profession recipes and gear that every player who even remotely wants to raid will feel obligated to get

I won't get too deep into the other repuations and how I feel about those, but the list above of what I like about Lorewalkers easily mirrors the list of what I don't like about the other reputations this expansion.

Blizzard, great job on the Lorewalkers. I had a blast, I hit exhalted, and I feel accomplished on something that truly felt optional. I'd love to see more like this in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
That actually sounds really fun. When I hit 90 today I will probably start getting rep with them. What mount do you get for being exalted?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
/careface
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
09/30/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Vrashogar
That actually sounds really fun. When I hit 90 today I will probably start getting rep with them. What mount do you get for being exalted?
You get the flying disc mount, if you haven't seen anyone on it there are screenshots here

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89363
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
I went and got it last night and it was really great. I liked the storytimes afterward too.

Way more awesome than dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/30/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Trygveseim
You get the flying disc mount, if you haven't seen anyone on it there are screenshots here

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89363

I saw someone riding that mount last night; I was wondering how to get it.

I'm glad to hear it's not from a rep grind. I've already been visiting / reading monuments that I run into while questing and was looking forward to finding more. I had no idea it would get me a mount eventually (just figured it was achievement points).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i found got all the Lorewalker achivements and did all the quests but i am still 14 points from being exalted how do i get the last 14 points

anyone have any sugjestions???
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I particularly loved the Saurok story.

Because Cho lost his sword.

*brrrrrrrssssshhh!*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I agree, lorewalkers are awesome.

However, if every rep in the game were like that.. you could max every rep to exalted in a day or two.

So, its not exactly a solution to repeatable content like dailies, but it sure is a great rep :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I went and got it last night and it was really great. I liked the storytimes afterward too.

Way more awesome than dailies.

Firstly I was wondering what all those shrines were about.

And secondly you demonstrate why we have dailies. Blizzard could not put enough content like this into the game to last until 5.1. Not only that, this is even more boring than dailies, at least with those you are doing things all the time, even if it is the same thing as yesterday, with this you just fly around a bit and that is all.

Although I'll get it myself eventually it is not the top of my to do list.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I really, really, really hope they expand the Lorewalkers into Azeroth, and we can learn stories of other races too.

The Lorewalkers are my favorite Pandaria faction.
Reply Quote
I wish i knew the answer to that. I am 24 rep points short and don't have archeaology on the character I'm short with. But I've heard that those dailies don't give you rep anyway. I thought I'd be exalted after all those acheivements but nooooooooo 20976/21000. I would love to get an anwer to this problem also.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]