If you're not familiar with Lorewalkers or how to get rep with them, basically you visit lore monuments throughout pandaria and read them, getting achievements for completing sets of them. Upon getting achievements, you recieve reputation with Lorewalkers and a scroll in the mail directing you to meet with Lorewalker Cho, who gives you a more complete story, again increasing your rep. Check your Pandaria Exploration achievement tab for more info
In order to reach exhalted, you don't have to do a single daily.
Here's what I like about doing Lorewalkers achievements:
- It gets you out into the world---the whole world, every zone, to places you haven't quested or even taken the time to look at. The people you see out in the world are all doing their own thing, not in a congested area all working on the same daily quests
- It is heavily story driven---you learn a ton about the world your in just by doing these
- You can start anywhere, there's no particular order---and you can work on pieces of each achievement without having to do one of them at a time before moving to the next
- You can start while questing, though of course everything is easier with a flying mount
- The content isn't gated---the time you put into it will reflect how long it takes to complete it
- The rewards for raising rep feel very optional---very cool mount and tabard, but not stuff like profession recipes and gear that every player who even remotely wants to raid will feel obligated to get
I won't get too deep into the other repuations and how I feel about those, but the list above of what I like about Lorewalkers easily mirrors the list of what I don't like about the other reputations this expansion.
Blizzard, great job on the Lorewalkers. I had a blast, I hit exhalted, and I feel accomplished on something that truly felt optional. I'd love to see more like this in the future.