Lockpicking in MoP

90 Pandaren Monk
Anyone got info on how to lvl lockpicking in MoP? I've gotten a ton of vine cracked junkboxes but cant open them. I dont see the skill # for lockpicking anywhere on my toons spellbook or anywhere either and I know I had it topped in cata.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
you get 5 lp levels for each of your actual levels.

So at 90 you will be able to pick any pickable locks.
Edited by Redfang on 10/1/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
It was like this for all of cata. How did people that supposedly play rogues not know it?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
In Cata the lock junkboxes you pickpocketed you could also pick the locks. As you leveled up and went to higher levels you got higher level boxes. Now at level 85 you pickplocket boxes you need to be level 90 to open. This is just wrong.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
10/01/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Gahydra
In Cata the lock junkboxes you pickpocketed you could also pick the locks. As you leveled up and went to higher levels you got higher level boxes. Now at level 85 you pickplocket boxes you need to be level 90 to open. This is just wrong.

Ah I could see how that would be confusing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well my rogue has been my main since the original wow so when i started MoP so when i started the new content i always pick pocket the mobs im killing so i wound up with lots of the new boxes..even went back to twilight highlands and picked a bunch thinking i would go up in points but nope, so i hope at 90 i can open em..Fail Blizz
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Wait till level 90. They removed the leveling of LPing :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Now at level 85 you pickplocket boxes you need to be level 90 to open. This is just wrong.

so stop pickplocketing
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/02/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Newkie
is this a troll post

I don't think so.

Pickpocketing, although something we all should be doing as a rogue, isn't something that we frequently discuss or something that people know a lot about when it comes to the mechanics that were put in place to leveling up the skill.

It's pretty common that most people know you don't have to actively level pickpocketing like you used to, but not many ever noticed the 5 LP levels per every 1 in game level.

I'd chalk this one up as a legit question. :)
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/02/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Silk
Pretty sure its been this way since TBC or LK.

Patch 4.0.1 to be exact.

/nerd glasses
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
10/02/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Yaundis
Now at level 85 you pickplocket boxes you need to be level 90 to open. This is just wrong.

so stop pickplocketing

Pickpocketing is a good way to make extra gold and you get fun stuff if not useful items. Why wouldn't you pickpocket?

The way Blizzard did the higher boxes at the beginning levels is whats broken. The zone you are in should have boxes for the level you should be at. I liked it when you had to level your pickpocket, made lots of gold from Rogue's who did level and I would open there boxes. I always got a kick out of that.
Edited by Gahydra on 10/2/2012 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I think the implicit suggestion was that, if a person is complaining about their bags filling up with lockboxes they can't pick until level 90, that they hold off on the pickpocketing until they're at level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I will have a bank full of lockboxes by the time I hit 90. It makes no sense that all of the boxes from level 85-90 can not be opened until 90. Hopefully, this is not intended and will be fixed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I know a great therapist who can help you with your cleptomania problem. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I looked here because I forgot about the lp auto level. Just mail boxes to an alt, and return them when u hit 90. Leave them in the mail and return to sender when you can use.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Nice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
wayt a min are you all drunk to accept this issues as fine no problem its all good and dandy why we would not be able to unlock the boxes we are pick pocketing wen engineers and black smith's can open theme sounds to me like theres a problem here
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Just put them in the bank, wait until you hit 90, profit. (You get anywhere from 8 to 12 gold per box, plus items, plus a chance for an epic sword that is near best in slot).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]