Blizzard you messed up on pet battles

90 Tauren Druid
I thought they were supposed to be a something you did for fun in your spare time. They are fun, too much fun and that is the problem. See I haven't even hit 86 yet because I keep getting distracted with pet battles. Why did you have to make the system so good?

Not only do battles combine a great element of strategy, with the synergy you can develop between pets some being more buff/defense oriented and the others attack. Of course then once you find good combos you have to level them up... and find a good complimentary third to take care of enemies you may be weak against.

but you also force people to think about the composition and attacks of their team, making sure not only will you have attacks of enough different types that they won't be week against everything your opponent has, but your own guys aren't all going to be slaughtered by him because he does extra damage to you.

What am I saying? I am saying I have spent way too long having fun hunting pets, leveling pets, battling pets to actually go out and level my own toon. Can you please nerf the amount of fun Pet battles are? Otherwise I will never hit 90.
Edited by Draug on 10/1/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yo what team are you running? I seem to lose against every trainer I come across, and sometimes even struggle with pets in the wild. :/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Be careful what you ask for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.

ROFL
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Go to your room! You are grounded!
Reply Quote
I too have been having way to much fun with pet battles. On a whim I took up training last night and did nothing else the rest of the evening. As a person with limited play time due to real life, I find Blizzard's implementation of pet battles extremely detrimental to my leveling time.

This was grossly irresponsible on Blizzard's part, and highly inconsiderate.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Pet battles will not be pet battles until I can get a ball cap I turn around backwards when I pet battle! Give me my hat NOW!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Kouze
Yo what team are you running? I seem to lose against every trainer I come across, and sometimes even struggle with pets in the wild. :/

against the trainers I tailor my team to fight them, since you are told what types of pets they run. For example the one that used mechanical I stacked heavy on elemental attacks.

Right now I am leveling up my tranquil Mechanical yeti, because with his thunderstorm ability, combined with the turret from my Clockwork gnome the extra thunder damage is applied for every 3 (or is it 4) shots meaning that is an extra 27 damage per turret per round it is active.

I'm kind of playing around with the third slot right now, I like my moonkin simply because of the tornado and when applied properly the entangling roots keep my opponent from switching from a mob who I know they are going to put in their backfield to healup with one of their abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I find this funny as its a minor problem in our guild where half of our regular raiders are doing pet battles instead of leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Thank you for taking my concerns seriously and I hope immediate action is taken from the developers in the form of evil grins or of some other diabolical sort.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have also gotten distracted from leveling due to pet battles. My next request is for there to be a way to upgrade pets so the vendor etc pets can become rare so you don't feel like you are handicapping your team if you really want that white kitten, jade crane chick, etc on it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Why would a blue answer this thread. This is obviously a trolling kinda thread. I think I just lost hope on all the blues but the one that was informing us for the beta maintenance. You know that lil goblin can't remember his name. God i feel bad for not remembering the most awsome blue poster thread :(.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol I find the pet battles to be fun, though not too distracting. Mind you I only did one trainer battle... The thing that took a load of leveling time away from me was the farmville mini game. Yeah I spent ages addicted to fv until I found cafeworld then later apps for my phone like temple run. I can quit anytime I want!

Yeah right I seem to find one addiction to replace the last one. I do have a question which I finally ran across the other day. How do you tell if a critter is rare before you battle it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
10/01/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Loriginale
Why would a blue answer this thread. This is obviously a trolling kinda thread. I think I just lost hope on all the blues but the one that was informing us for the beta maintenance. You know that lil goblin can't remember his name. God i feel bad for not remembering the most awsome blue poster thread :(.
you obviously have no idea what trolling is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

I think you missed the point of the blue post.....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Man, find a sense of humor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pet Battles are pretty fun, I tend to do Half quests and half pet battles. I usually only play one and a half hours to 2 hours a night so I do not get much leveling done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]