Blizzard you messed up on pet battles

100 Human Warlock
LOL, I saw the title of this and was thinking "Oh jeez what NOW, why do people keep complaining about every tiny insignificant little thing that isn't 100% tailored to their personal liking".

Thank you for making my day, OP (and Neth too!) :)
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Mage
10/01/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.

Will we continue to see updates to the system as the game goes on? I would love to see different abilities for pet families being able to be obtained through quests or vendors, or have the ability to upgrade certain areas of the pet (adjust the speed attribute at the expense of power, etc). :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/01/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Organicbeef
Pet battles will not be pet battles until I can get a ball cap I turn around backwards when I pet battle! Give me my hat NOW!

That would be a nice thing to receive in a Sack of Pet Supplies. Let's get this in Patch 5.1, Devs!

Because you KNOW that when ...a person turns their hat around backwards in the heat of battle, the stuff's about to get REAL, am i right?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I just hate when a random wild animal joins the battle. >_>
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Pet battles are so lame... WHY CAN'T I STOP! SOMEONE HELP ME!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/01/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Subrosian
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.

The fun has been doubled Twilight Sparkle

It was Luna who said that, actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lowij-5Q5Xg
Reply Quote
I was another one of those people that went, "what the heck is this?" "are you kidding me, some pokemon thing? "I'll never play it".

Uh huh, sure. Did a couple of battles my first day. Now I'm about 26 wins into it, 1 rare, 1 unique and a few poor quality captures. Having fun.

They were bad people to design this addictive thing! :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think they are a little too grindy but still fun.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/01/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Naelaedra

Will we continue to see updates to the system as the game goes on? I would love to see different abilities for pet families being able to be obtained through quests or vendors, or have the ability to upgrade certain areas of the pet (adjust the speed attribute at the expense of power, etc). :)

Yes. We will be planning additional updates (as they make sense) to the system over time. We'll make sure to share those when we can.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Warrior
I know this question has probably been asked a billion times, but I've never actually seen an answer. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as addicted and love it (sadly just like the OP), but how are you guys keeping yourselves out of trouble with the Pokemon creators? It's so dangerously teetering the line, that I'm surprised you can get away with it?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
10/01/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Nethaera

Yes. We will be planning additional updates (as they make sense) to the system over time. We'll make sure to share those when we can.

As long as you don't make too much out of it. (Not to hate on others, but it is meant to only be a mini-game.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I know exactly what you mean. I haven'y been concentrating on it as much as others I know and I'm still almost halfway to 1000 battles won :/
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
I been powering through the trainer battle with Grunty and the Rabid Nut Varmint 5000
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm at least 99% certain you destroyed me in a battle earlier today. Your yeti was a beast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think it's a very original idea and I'm glad they dedicated so much development resources to it over stuff like PVP.

I admit it's fun but.. I can do it on my DS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Only problem I have in Pet Battles is that it doesn't give me the same 'spark' that battling Pokemon gives me. But it's just a side-game and not the focus of the expansion or anything, so it's alright.
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Death Knight
10/01/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Nethaera

Hahahahahahaha I love this so much.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

The system is awesome! Though my only complaint is that if you have two wow accounts on the same Battle.net account, you cannot pet battle when both are logged in.. Seems like a petty issue.. but my daughter plays on the secondary account, and this is a big feature she cannot use.. Is there any way around this so that I can be playing Wow, while she pet battles? or vice versa....
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock

Is one of those possible changes increased control over what we can use? The three move pool is nice and all, but not being able to use anything other than the pre-determined two moves in any specific spot really kills the customizability.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]