Blizzard you messed up on pet battles

90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Nethaera

Will we continue to see updates to the system as the game goes on? I would love to see different abilities for pet families being able to be obtained through quests or vendors, or have the ability to upgrade certain areas of the pet (adjust the speed attribute at the expense of power, etc). :)

Yes. We will be planning additional updates (as they make sense) to the system over time. We'll make sure to share those when we can.

Huzzah :P

maybe team battles?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I did my first pet battles when my ISP's latency (apparently due to AT&T) skyrocketed the other day.. such that it was almost the only thing I could do in game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
The system is awesome! Though my only complaint is that if you have two wow accounts on the same Battle.net account, you cannot pet battle when both are logged in.. Seems like a petty issue.. but my daughter plays on the secondary account, and this is a big feature she cannot use.. Is there any way around this so that I can be playing Wow, while she pet battles? or vice versa....

This is a big gripe of mine too...sans daughter.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
10/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Draug
I thought they were supposed to be a something you did for fun in your spare time. They are fun, too much fun and that is the problem. See I haven't even hit 86 yet because I keep getting distracted with pet battles. Why did you have to make the system so good?

You should be complaining to Nintendo. They designed this. Blizzard just shamelessly ripped it off.

That said, thank you Blizzard for "somewhat" fulfilling my childhood dream of an MMO version of Pokémon.
This is probably as close as it's ever gonna get.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm absolutely loving pet battles and I've been enjoying the fact that I have more reasons to fly around the continents. Get this: did you know there's an easter egg (of sorts) west of the Undead starting zone where ley-drunk darters gather around a circle of mushrooms and play a ballad? :O Wouldn't have found that if I wasn't looking around for pets to collect. xD I'd highly recommend others to check it out as the music is probably unheard from most players and because it's pure random.

Quick question though:

Qiraji Guardlings. :( They only spawn in the summer. Pet battles weren't available till after.
Any chance to make them spawn for a little while longer or do we gotta wait till next year. I don't mind regadless, but I would love to have that pet follow me around during my many adventures. :-D
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
10/01/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.
lmao
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
As I was reading the original post I was thinking, "Hey, do I type in my sleep? Because I don't ever remember typing this post, but it's certainly something I would say/wanted to say."

Addictive. So very very addictive. I can't stop at one pet. Or even 10 for that matter. I have 3 at level 25 (Gregarious Grell, Lil' Deathwing and Purple Puffer <------rocks my world the Puffer does) and a slew of others I've leveled, and at least one other that has been with me since pets took up precious bag space (I'm looking at you Disgusting Oozling who is level 19 now, maybe 18, that I've had since Vanilla) many, many moons ago.

Now I'm all behind and stuff in my leveling and I blame Blizzard 100% for putting something that I have found to be very entertaining in the game. My guild mocked me (good naturedly...I think...should I be worried that they put Ash Ketchum in my guild note? I don't even know who that is). I mocked me (I'm a 41 year old gamer saying things like "My Purple Puffer is about to kick some serious bleepity bleep right now" wait, what did I just say? ).

Damn you to the hot place, makers of Mists of Pandaria. Damn you all to the hot place for making this expansion fun for me thus far.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having. I will pass along feedback to the designers on your behalf. Again, our apologies. We just couldn't help ourselves.

Seriously, this is the best you can do? I demand that you bake cookies for all of us. That surely will learn you!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having.

I think this may now be my favorite Blizzard quote of all time. XD

10/01/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Kouze
Yo what team are you running?

If you haven't noticed yet, you can see other players' current pet battle team on their armory page, right above their raid progress.

Because Blizzard knows which progression is really important. :D
Edited by Sharkon on 10/1/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
10/01/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Shindahikari
Seriously, this is the best you can do? I demand that you bake cookies for all of us. That surely will learn you!
cookies coffee flavor. Im sure neth have a recipe!

Hurry up, we're waiting!
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter

Would you stop being snide unless we the paying customers have the same right (and won't get banned for it)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well they did shameless rip off one of the most successful game series of all time with pet battles.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/01/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Sharkon
We sincerely apologize for any fun you may be having.

I think this may now be my favorite Blizzard quote of all time. XD

Yo what team are you running?

If you haven't noticed yet, you can see other players' current pet battle team on their armory page, right above their raid progress.

Because Blizzard knows which progression is really important. :D

You only see the team the person logged out with. I change my team constantly. So right now, Mothra the forest moth, Molasses the snail, and Minerva the fawn are up there, but there will be a different team tomorrow. Someone who doesn't want their team inspected could just change out a trio of grey level 1 pets when they log.

If there were xp for pet battles, I'd be 90 by now.
Reply Quote
Would love to see a customization system wherein I could take a wild pet (store and event pets should be hard set in my opinion) and train it to be more bulky, or have a really high speed stat for weather set up or dots, or give it a higher attack at the expense of its health or speed.

Anyone play Kingdom Hearts? At the very start of the first game, Sora chooses a weapon to excel in and one to forsake. Essentially, his stat gains (and skill gain on level up) hinges upon which weapon he chooses to boost and which he throws away. Take sword, drop shield was always my choice; make a hard hitting combo master with area magic for support.

Something similar?
Reply Quote
83 Gnome Rogue
10/01/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Kosan
Yeah right I seem to find one addiction to replace the last one. I do have a question which I finally ran across the other day. How do you tell if a critter is rare before you battle it?
Didn't see this question from the first page answered yet. Kosan, use this macro:

/run hooksecurefunc("PlaySoundKitID", function(Q) if Q==31584 then for i=1,C_PetBattles.GetNumPets(2) do SELECTED_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(C_PetBattles.GetName(2,i).." - ".._G["BATTLE_PET_BREED_QUALITY"..C_PetBattles.GetBreedQuality(2,i)]) end end end)

A nice guide with this macro and other handy info about pet battles at Warcraftpets.com and here's the link!

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/03/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Decypher
It's funny how all of the sudden three misses in a row happen - as right now with the Darkmoon Fairie Pet guy. It's absolutely frustrating.

This post is both a necro and incomprehensible. Good job.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
man I couldn't disagree more;
"Sick of grinding hours of dailies? Come do pet battles and grind hundreds of hours to beef up a pet nobody will ever see and effects no other aspect of the game!"

Pet battles would be fine if it didn't take 20+ battles to level up after pet level 15 or so.
Edited by Xenton on 12/3/2012 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read in blue text.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]