Account-Wide Secondary Professions

90 Tauren Death Knight
Just throwing out something I thought would be worth considering.

We all know that with MoP came account-wide mounts, pets, achievements, etc. Personally, I love this, because now I can have most of my perks on any toon.

And on that note, I have an idea: why not make secondary professions shared across accounts too? One can understand why primary professions aren't account-wide: each one has a unique perk, and the combinations of those perks make the toon unique. But secondary profs have nothing like that. It's the exact same for each toon.

For example, I have my Horde toons on one server and my Alliance toons on another. On the Horde side, my Hunter can handle the cooking, but I have no max-Cooking Alliance toon; I would have to level cooking all over again. The point is, it would be much more convenient to have all that on any toon instead of just certain toons.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Blizzard has considered this in the past, though it is not something we will likely see any time soon. In the meantime though, professions have gotten a lot easier to level on alts. For instance, You can buy books from Nat Pagle to level fishing on an alt (BoA) in 50 skill clumps. Or you can start cooking from scratch and level to 525 in Halfhill just with Pandaria mats (stupid gold fish).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/01/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Positron
Archy still sucks and this has been suggested before.

No, what sucks is I am constantly being attacked during surveys. I miss being 50 levels above the nearby mobs :-(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/01/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Jozie
Archy still sucks and this has been suggested before.

No, what sucks is I am constantly being attacked during surveys. I miss being 50 levels above the nearby mobs :-(

HAH! You can say that again...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is that best idea for the game that i have read in a long time. I hate having only one character that can do all of the secondary profession stuff because i don't want to go through the pain of lvl'ing the professions all over again for my toons.

With the account wide achievements now in place, this seems like the logical next step.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
10/01/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Positron
It still sucks to level archy.

Pretty much... I haven't even made an attempt to dig on this toon. Perhaps one day I'll be motivated to level past 525. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]