Rated T for Teen? HA

90 Blood Elf Mage
Family Channel is more Teen then Mists of Pandoria..

Like come on blizz.. these quests are pathetic..
I know this isn't LotR or Skyrim but come on.
I like the Panadas and everything, I love the scenery, the music is good. Updates are good. But the quests and story is just complete garbage. Sad really.
Like harvesting turnips?.. not exactly the epitome of epicness.
It feels like the entire grind from 85-90 was meant to just waste time.

Ubisoft is laughing in your face right now blizz, almost in tears from laughter.
How do you feel blizz? How do you feel?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would guess--and mind you, this is just a guess--that Mike Morhaime is laughing right back at Ubisoft atop his giant pile of money.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/01/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Kerriodos
I would guess--and mind you, this is just a guess--that Mike Morhaime is laughing right back at Ubisoft atop his giant pile of money.

Well let's just say after this month's quota.. Blizz will be making some budget/salary cuts.
As with 600 000 copies sold, it's just not gunna cut it for this blizz this time. No ship is unsinkable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Those are hard copies sold. Not digital copies because they are too hard to readily track from multiple sources. Digital copies sold doubled from Wrath to Cata, and likely that number has grown since then. Take off your tinfoil hat and maybe you would actually enjoy the great game that they have made.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's pretty sad when people come here to try and troll a company that you're paying to play their game. If you're that unsatisfied then quit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I find the story epic enough in places. Only when involving the Sha though. Valley of the Four Winds I stopped after the first few quests due to boredom and moved onto Kun-Lai where I had much more fun with the story.

What I learned about Pandarens from Valley of the Four Winds = They hate animals, animals hate them, turnips, turnips, turnips, beer, beer, beer, turnip beer, oh look more animals that hate the Pandaren and turnips, etc etc

Quite a culture. Oh yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/02/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Banithen
It's pretty sad when people come here to try and troll a company that you're paying to play their game. If you're that unsatisfied then quit.

ikr

I'm having a blast questing and love all the little cut scenes put in for flavor. If all you can do is complain stop paying your sub and go troll gw2 or swotr or any other game that tries yet fails to do what WoW has always done.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Don't knock the giant turnips. They're awesome.

Edit: OP is probably a virmen wearing a belf mask.
Edited by Keeblik on 10/3/2012 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

No they're not !@#$ing awesome.
Stop pulling little kid Bs.
You can try and act like your 10 but deep down you know the quests are all %^-*ing bull!@#$.

10/02/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Lelliana
Those are hard copies sold. Not digital copies because they are too hard to readily track from multiple sources. Digital copies sold doubled from Wrath to Cata, and likely that number has grown since then. Take off your tinfoil hat and maybe you would actually enjoy the great game that they have made.

I think its a great game.. I enjoy all the classes I think their really cool its just sometimes I think to myself.. are the game designers grade 5s? Like be a %^-*ing man make a real story. Make something epic to go along with the great game design that their so good at.

I wouldn't expect you to understand because your probably some 27 year old single woman that works target and lives alone.
But me on the other hand.. Im 18 year old guy who has played every good game out there. Wow needs to take it up a level. Right now wow is on the treehouse/family channel level. Get what I'm saying?

TAKE IT UP A LEVEL. YOUR LOSING TEEN SUBS. THAT'S WHY YOUR NUMBERS ARE GOING DOWN. WE LIKE ACTION, SICK CUTSCENES, LOUD ACTION, ARGUMENTS, INTENSITY. Thats how we do it on our side. Sorry 27 year old single woman, you just wouldn't understand would you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Like every xpac and back to vanilla wow, there is a mix of high fantasy and lighthearted nonsense.

MoP: We have genocide, death, traitors ... that's epic. We also have farming.
Cata: You got Dragon Aspects giving up their immortality to save Azeroth, epic. You also have Goblins building a fun park.
Wrath: You got the Lich King massing up armies to destroy Azeroth, epic. You also have a little zombie friend to kick around.
TBC: Demon hordes are pretty epic. Picking through poop isn't.
Vanilla: Territorial battles and conflict. That's epic. Goblin speedway in the 1000 needles flats? Not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
anyone else, when OP mentioned "action" in one of the following posts, think of the heroic where you have to launch yourself out of a cannon and latch onto the massive bosses FACE to attack it's weak point?

skip Vot4W, i did. wasn't a fan of the farming aspect. went straight to kun-lai and got into war/ancient secrets, then to steppes and dread wastes where the war escelates. also surprised the HELL out of me when Sha of Anger popped up right next to me a few times in summit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/01/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Ibeecharming
As with 600 000 copies sold,

Oh I think you may want to check those figures again ...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

No they're not !@#$ing awesome.
Stop pulling little kid Bs.
You can try and act like your 10 but deep down you know the quests are all %^-*ing bull!@#$.

10/02/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Lelliana

I think its a great game.. I enjoy all the classes I think their really cool its just sometimes I think to myself.. are the game designers grade 5s? Like be a %^-*ing man make a real story. Make something epic to go along with the great game design that their so good at.

I wouldn't expect you to understand because your probably some 27 year old single woman that works target and lives alone.
But me on the other hand.. Im 18 year old guy who has played every good game out there. Wow needs to take it up a level. Right now wow is on the treehouse/family channel level. Get what I'm saying?

TAKE IT UP A LEVEL. YOUR LOSING TEEN SUBS. THAT'S WHY YOUR NUMBERS ARE GOING DOWN. WE LIKE ACTION, SICK CUTSCENES, LOUD ACTION, ARGUMENTS, INTENSITY. Thats how we do it on our side. Sorry 27 year old single woman, you just wouldn't understand would you.

See that part where i bolded? That's why i'm not giving you credit. You can NOT speak for every teen. Not everyone likes "LOUD ACTION, ARGUMENTS, INTENSITY." I'm speaking as a fellow 18 year old male. I don't want loud action, i want good story. You know what i got with MoP? Just that. If this game turned into just loud action and intensity, i'm fairly sure i'd quit because i find that in some free game that i don't have to pay for.

What "good" games have you played that demands loud action and such? CoD? Most of the reputed great games i know of (Ocarina of Time, Goldfinger, Mario, Skyrim to some, etc) doesn't have a ton of loud action unless you do that yourself by turning the volume up. Skrim is about political ties that you have to manipulate to kill a dragon before it kills all of you. Goldfinger is about spies, and OoT is a mostly light-hearted adventure game.

Sorry person with different taste at 18 years old, i guess i just don't understand you.
Edited by Caitir on 10/9/2012 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The OP really should finish the Valley of the Four Winds.

The ending of it is about as good as this game gets.

That said, to each their own. I know some people want every quest to be man against the masses of undead, demons and dragons. But for me, following Chen around, experiencing the docile culture of the Pandaren as well as what happens at the end of VotFW, made it the best zone I have ever been in.

Ever.

EDIT:

That said, when I was a teenager, I loved the "A-Team" and thought it was the height of television development. Now, at 42, I watch it and go "what the hell did I see in this?"

This thread was started 8 days ago, so I figure the OP has moved on to other things, but my take is that the game has hit a new high in story telling and action. Best expansion ever.
Edited by Chuin on 10/9/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]