Ferals need another heal back

80 Undead Mage
Rejuvination - a basic hot.
Healing Touch - a 2.5 second cast time heal that heals about 1/5 of health and cost a ton of mana for a feral.
Cenarion Ward - pretty nice but has a 30 second cooldown and only reacts.

I'm getting slaughtered by ranged. If it was a melee fight, then I'd be able to make healing touch an instant and keep myself in the game, but the heal relies too much on that. Now, if my enemy is 27 yards away hitting me with stuff and I'm at 40-50% health or whatever, then I might as well be dead, there is no way to manage that type of healing or get it all the way back up again.

We need regrowth back. Maybe lifebloom too. But just something with a swift kick.
Edited by Mmwhachasayy on 10/2/2012 2:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I don't think we need more self-healing. We're too reliant on it already. We either need more tools to avoid damage entirely like rogues, or a flat damage reduction. It's absurd that cloth users have more armor and plate wearers have more mitigation.
Leather is the squishiest thing you can be right now.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
These days, if you don't have a bubble, swift high heals, or high damage mitigation, you are dead. The thing that benefited rogues and ferals was that they could kill very swiftly within about 5-12 seconds. Now, it seems like battles can last anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes since they took away all that burst and there is so much dmg mitagation and restoration. We need decent heals in order to stay alive. It kind of reminds me of those days when hunters mark lasted 2 minutes. It was a death sentence for stealthes. We just don't fight the long fight - then anyway.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
I make great use of predatory swiftness. It rocks. The problem is when I'm fighting a ranged who might have flanked me and then I'm down a bunch of health away from the enemy with no combo points. Even worse if they hit me 2-3 times before I turn around and then they range stun me and hit me 2-3 more times. With an ele shaman at this point I'd probably healing surge 1-2 wick times and be good to get back in the game. As a feral, all I can really do is 2.5 second cast a heal that will be out damaged by the time I finish it. Also, we can't rely on a 30% heal with a 2 minute cooldown. Too long and too small of a heal. Maybe if it was 30-45 seconds.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/02/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Explosionkin
The problem is when I'm fighting a ranged who might have flanked me and then I'm down a bunch of health away from the enemy with no combo points

Our only option in this scenario is to run away / pillar hump / escape. Preferably restealth if possible.
MoP isn't just a step backwards to Wrath with SR, it's a step back to BC where we did play the long game and HT was a big part of that game.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
The issue with Renewal is that it isn't buffed by anything else. NS->HT is already buffed over regular HT. If you have cat glyph, that's another 20% on top. With DoC, even more -- though I'm not sure it's a good idea to run with DoC in pvp. It's a headache in pve as it is... im not sure if it'd be better or worse for pvp.
But I don't think the arena concept of blowing TF, berserk, NV, and Incarnation simultaneously will be all that they think it is either. I'm kind of leaning towards HOTW and feral being used in 3dps comps as utility -- the amount of burst we get off spamming wraths is pretty ridiculous and rivals just about any cooldown-based burst we get.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fear CC-based ranged classes are a huge enemy right now with the low-ish resil.

I go oom in the "long fight" against locks and spriests. You can trinket a fear, but with how long the attrition battles are, you are going to sit in a long string of fears and get behind—especially so with our big ramp up.

I like the idea of DoC—I've been messing around to get a feel for everything—and the big 120-150k Healing Touches are welcomed and delicious. Rolling a higher-powered Rejuv is nice. But overall, it's remarkably awkward and clunky clunk clunks. Getting DoC'ed Rips on players in pvp doesn't seem likely at all either....

I've checked out the gladiator ferals I know off the top of my head and they are running the monster beast 3-minute wonder spec with Incarnation/NV. I guess that's not terribly different from what we've always been, and it's nice to line up a big ole' burst window. But like I said, blow 3 CDs at once and then do a song and dance for 3 minutes where our self heals are likely to be out-damaged.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
I think a regrowth would do nicely enough. Because if you cast it, you follow up with a rejuvenate, and then go back into battle with 2 decent enough hots after maybe healing yourself for 15% health or more. Then the hots should cancel out a lot of the incoming damage. It would be nice though if regrowth always had the +50% chance to crit though. Not sure if that would be asking too much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Rejuvination - a basic hot.
Healing Touch - a 2.5 second cast time heal that heals about 1/5 of health and cost a ton of mana for a feral.
Cenarion Ward - pretty nice but has a 30 second cooldown and only reacts.

You didn't mention:

Pred Swiftness procs allow us to do a 100% instant and free Healing Touch every time it's up.

Nature's Swiftness gives us an Instant Healing touch that doesn't pull us out of form that is 50% stronger with a 1min cd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Nagoto
Nature's Swiftness gives us an Instant Healing touch that doesn't pull us out of form that is 50% stronger with a 1min cd.

Well, he listed Cenarion Ward—which you have to choose that or Nature's Swiftness, not in addition to. I think he wants an extra heal in the toolkit at all times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well, he listed Cenarion Ward—which you have to choose that or Nature's Swiftness, not in addition to. I think he wants an extra heal in the toolkit at all times.

Having a better tool thatn Cenarion Ward is a good step towards that. =)

Honestly if we have regrowth that wouldn't change anything. If you have time to come out of form and hard cast a regrowth comfortably then you have time to hard cast a healing-touch. You're not going to be jukeing then healing. You would be CCing in some way then start casting heals.

We also have tranquility! Which can heal through smoke bomb and is extremely powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]