PvP vendor's being killed

90 Undead Priest
Blizzard needs to stop using these weak !@# excuses to stir up world pvp and face the fact world pvp is dead, period. You guys blew it the moment you gave us battlegrounds.

STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

Put the vendors back in major cities or at least turn a under used major city dalaran into a pvp hub, ie, allow dueling in other places then sewers ect.
87 Draenei Shaman
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2636/40555555missingchildren.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/2954/1003120204.jpg

Awesome!
Edited by Kamagore on 10/3/2012 8:47 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
10/03/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
The PvP vendors are poised to supply valuable goods to eager heroes, and we like the idea of them being prime targets for killing if you’re dominating the area and the other faction isn’t really stopping you.

In other words if you play on the underdog side of a heavily imbalanced server and can only play during prime time you are SoL. A sense of sadness goes out for those players.

People seem to forget that cross realm zoning is not yet in full effect. Any form of population imbalance can be solved once CRZ's are implemented.
86 Pandaren Priest
The PvP vendors are poised to supply valuable goods to eager heroes, and we like the idea of them being prime targets for killing if you’re dominating the area and the other faction isn’t really stopping you. That said, we didn’t intend for them to be easy targets, ripe for the slaughter.

As such, we’ve decided to put them through their paces and offer them some focused training classes. Yesterday we implemented a hotfix that significantly raised the total health of Mists of Pandaria PvP vendors. This change should better accommodate their place amidst the current battles, and brewing war.

That is neat and fun and all but having your armorers out in the open like this is strategic suicide. These guys should be located behind the front lines well defended. Sure they could be ganked but the enemy should be forced to push through defenses or find ways around them to kill these guys.

Oh thats right our leaders are the angry brown gorilla and Jay Leno.
Edited by Fooshy on 10/3/2012 8:52 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Oh joy. As if waiting for quest respawns wasnt enough for me.
90 Orc Hunter
PvP in order to PvP?.. madness
85 Night Elf Rogue
My idea of world PVP is different. To me it's not world PVP when you gank a lowbie for hours, when one faction in your server outnumbers the opposing faction 5:1 and kills and camp the vendors for hours, and when you repeatedly gank someone trying to quest for hours and hours. To me that's called griefing.
Edited by Levit on 10/3/2012 11:00 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Kamagore
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/2954/1003120204.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
90 Human Rogue
I like the idea too, in theory.

In practice this seems like a major setback for anyone who plays on a realm with severely imbalanced faction populations.

so basically any realm in the top 50.

as far as World PvP is concerned, they need to bring back things like Halaa that reward mounts for killing the other faction. A daily quest hub that has desirable rewards and requires you to complete PvP objectives.
Edited by Bushido on 10/3/2012 11:46 PM PDT
84 Dwarf Hunter
I like the vendors where they are right now. There's actual pvp in the world now! I still remember when Vanilla ganks would ignite open 30v30 street fights. This is some semblance of it.
90 Blood Elf Mage
So, um, why hasn't Blizz just bowed to reality and moved the PvP vendors back to the capital yet?

We know you want to sell the expansion, but it's not necessary if you limit the new equipment to 85+.

More importantly, it's not fair for faction-imbalanced servers from what I've seen.
90 Human Paladin
The PvP vendors are poised to supply valuable goods to eager heroes, and we like the idea of them being prime targets for killing if you’re dominating the area and the other faction isn’t really stopping you. That said, we didn’t intend for them to be easy targets, ripe for the slaughter.

As such, we’ve decided to put them through their paces and offer them some focused training classes. Yesterday we implemented a hotfix that significantly raised the total health of Mists of Pandaria PvP vendors. This change should better accommodate their place amidst the current battles, and brewing war.

Putting them in the horde and alliance cities would have prevented them being "ripe for the slaughter". Having the vendors where they are just begs for both sides to attack and prevent players from buying gear.

Oh no, you have to PvP to protect your PvP Vendors?!

What a travesty!
12 Pandaren Warrior

What a travesty!

Since I haven't PvPed in years , my thoughts may be irrelevant, but has it occurred to you that some servers are so imbalanced horde/alliance that it might be effectively impossible for once side to get access to these vendors at all?
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Vaelkyri
PvP in order to PvP?.. madness
90 Blood Elf Mage

What a travesty!

Since I haven't PvPed in years , my thoughts may be irrelevant, but has it occurred to you that some servers are so imbalanced horde/alliance that it might be effectively impossible for once side to get access to these vendors at all?

Most servers are worse than 70-30 one way or the other, mostly Alliance-imbalanced. Just FYI. Rare are the servers like Kil"Jaeden that are even remotely balanced.
90 Tauren Warrior
so what yall are saying is on server where say where there aret many horde we cant get the pvp gear.. ok tell me how we are supposed to ge tthe pvp vendors to spawn i mean this isnt fair at all.
90 Draenei Shaman

Putting them in the horde and alliance cities would have prevented them being "ripe for the slaughter". Having the vendors where they are just begs for both sides to attack and prevent players from buying gear.

That's the whole point, to camp the pvp vendors all day, to prevent the Horde war machine from gaining any more power!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So, um, why hasn't Blizz just bowed to reality and moved the PvP vendors back to the capital yet?

We know you want to sell the expansion, but it's not necessary if you limit the new equipment to 85+.

More importantly, it's not fair for faction-imbalanced servers from what I've seen.

New PvP gear has always been limited to level capped players only... this is not new.
-------------------------------------------------------

Also, I like having to go somewhere OTHER than the SAME OLD CITY to get gear.. but they need to be elites, and they should be guarded. Killable, yes. That's fine. But not so EASILY killed.
Edited by Darthmalice on 10/4/2012 3:35 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The PvP vendors are poised to supply valuable goods to eager heroes, and we like the idea of them being prime targets for killing if you’re dominating the area and the other faction isn’t really stopping you.

In other words if you play on the underdog side of a heavily imbalanced server and can only play during prime time you are SoL. A sense of sadness goes out for those players.

The tears fuel my furnace of hate. I enjoyed killling the horde pvp vendors and horde getting angry and chasing me down miles and miles down the war. It was fun. Then I was going to do it again but the fix increased their health to 2600K, they're still killable but just not as easy as before. It's a good balance imo.
Edited by Sosus on 10/4/2012 3:38 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]