Are hunters really that bad?

90 Human Monk
I've been hearing really bad things about them but my main always has been my hunter...what's the dealio
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Basically;
MM Hunter = Below Disc Priest in DPS
Surv hunter = Bottom DPS of the DPS classes.
BM Hunter = Below average DPS PVE, Cute but pretty pissweak PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Beastmastery is absolutely destroying in pvp, not sure what you are talking about
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Basically;

BM Hunter is top DPS for a Hunter, but near the bottom of all classes/specs in overall DPS.
Survival is 2nd behind BM.
Marks is a bit behind SV.

Whomever told you that SV is the bottom for Hunters and is also the bottom of all classes ... is wrong.

------------------------------------

Hunters aren't in a good place right now in PvE. BM is putting up a decent fight in PvP due its bursty nature, but hopefully all 3 will get some attention from a PvE perspective soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Basically;

You're doing it wrong.

Any time anyone runs a damage meter in PVE, my BM hunter is always tops. And I do instances at the lowest level possible.

And I pretty much rule PVP. Can't remember the last time I wasn't top 3 in damage in battlegrounds ... frequently, No. 1. Plus with all the extra utility I have now, I'm more powerful than ever.

Just don't get the hunters are weak complaints. I'm not weak. Not even close.
Edited by Sunstríke on 10/2/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Basically;

You're doing it wrong.

Any time anyone runs a damage meter in PVE, my BM hunter is always tops. And I do instances at the lowest level possible.

And I pretty much rule PVP. Can't remember the last time I wasn't top 3 in damage in battlegrounds ... frequently, No. 1. Plus with all the extra utility I have now, I'm more powerful than ever.

being level 90 would be a start
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Basically;

You're doing it wrong.

The stat scaling when you get to 90 is very poor for the gear we currently have.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I've actually started doing decent damage once I got ok gear. The PVP gear also helped quite a bit since RNG hated me. Doing 45k+ hopefully I can pump out more in a Raid environment with buffs though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Basically;

You're doing it wrong.

[Level 80 Hunter commenting on Level 90 Endgame DPS]
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Basically;

You're doing it wrong.

your not even level 90 commenting on the whole state of BM u will not top a long dps fight as bm as ur cool downs only make u good for a short fight every fight at ur lvl only last 1-2mintues max which is not enough time for ur dps to fall off b4 u run out of cooldowns
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Basically;

BM Hunter is top DPS for a Hunter, but near the bottom of all classes/specs in overall DPS.
Survival is 2nd behind BM.
Marks is a bit behind SV.

Whomever told you that SV is the bottom for Hunters and is also the bottom of all classes ... is wrong.

SV is at the bottom of DPS, it's not at the bottom for hunters.
DISC priests are not DPS these days, they're healers/shielders/supports with a little DPS when they don't need to heal.
MM hunters are below THAT.

What I was saying is that MM isn't even in league with other DPS'
Whereas, SV is at least on their level, it's just at the bottom of that level.
The only spec that can even try and keep up with average DPS is BM
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Paladins are for TRYHARDS!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Basically;

You're doing it wrong.

You're level 80...at 90, relatively large discrepancy in DPS between hunters and...well, just about everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My level 80 hunters aimed shot hits for as much as this pallys t.v irrelevant I know but I don't see how hunter could be below pally.
Reply Quote
Some popular simming reports have shown the three hunter specs to hold three of the bottom four spots. The only non hunter spec in these four spots is boomkin*. Which is easily countered by a rather strong feral spec , or tank/heal specs. Pve hunters are obviously going to be buffed as this would constitute new highs in futility.

*Of all classes and specs....boomkins again. unfair >.< , they need love.

back on topic , hunters got screwed lol.
Edited by Tigidou on 10/2/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Hunter
Well this is disappointing, hopefully some hunter buffs are in store. Also Cobra and Steady shot need a buff they do such crap damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]