It has begun...already

90 Human Paladin
So I'm in a dungeon yesterday (day 3 of MoP). I start off offering up food and saying hello to the group. Anyone done this yet, because I have not. Very cordial.

5 minutes in, one of the DPS (A Hunter, of course...sorry to offend) and he starts with the gogogo mentality. When I'm watching the healer mana and going as fast as I can, and want to since I have no idea where I'm going. Then we start with the "Tank sux" business.

I mean really people...already? I stated when I came in that I had not been there yet. Nevertheless, I'm supposed to be Mr. perfect tank and just blitz through without looking? No checking out the scenery? Thinking for 30 seconds before pulling?

So, be placed on notice. You start that again tonight I'm pulling everything in sight straight to you and then I'm going to turn off Righteous Fury and go sit in a corner and watch you die. OK, maybe put a hand of sacrafice on the healer 1st. At least then one of us will enjoy the experience.

/Salute
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/28/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Mattrose
So, be placed on notice.

Who are you putting on notice? This is the tank forums.

Go post this in the DPS forums. I'm sure they'll receive this politely and warmly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Why would it temporarily be put on hold?
Reply Quote
So I'm in a dungeon yesterday (day 3 of MoP). I start off offering up food and saying hello to the group. Anyone done this yet, because I have not. Very cordial.

5 minutes in, one of the DPS (A Hunter, of course...sorry to offend) and he starts with the gogogo mentality. When I'm watching the healer mana and going as fast as I can, and want to since I have no idea where I'm going. Then we start with the "Tank sux" business.

I mean really people...already? I stated when I came in that I had not been there yet. Nevertheless, I'm supposed to be Mr. perfect tank and just blitz through without looking? No checking out the scenery? Thinking for 30 seconds before pulling?

So, be placed on notice. You start that again tonight I'm pulling everything in sight straight to you and then I'm going to turn off Righteous Fury and go sit in a corner and watch you die. OK, maybe put a hand of sacrafice on the healer 1st. At least then one of us will enjoy the experience.

/Salute

my suggestion: ignore them, or only run as tank with guilds.
Bads will be bad. That's how it goes. They'll blame you for it too. Just... ignore it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
The easier the content is, the quicker people hit Dbag mode.

And MoP content has this issue, it's too faceroll.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I gotta admit, I miss Cata launch content pounding my face into the dirt a few times. Nobody pulled the "gogogo" bull!@#$ when healers lost half their mana on a good pull and CC was pretty much required.

The only bosses ive ever wiped to are complete freaking idiot checks. Stupid stuff like a healer getting one-shot to Rattlegore because he forgets to put on the bone thing.
Edited by Rockpops on 9/29/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Bads will be bad. That's how it goes.

Wouldn't the bad here be the tank going in slow motion?
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock

Bads will be bad. That's how it goes.

Wouldn't the bad here be the tank going in slow motion?

You mean the tank who's trying to do his job while one or two players continue at a pace he can't accomodate, whether due to skill or otherwise, regardless of his ability or knowledge?

Are you sure you're in the right forums?
Edited by Rijdot on 9/29/2012 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

You mean the tank who's trying to do his job while one or two players continue at a pace he can't accomodate, whether due to skill or otherwise, regardless of his ability or knowledge?

He's holding back the rest of the group with his pacing, and rather than even attempting to accommodate everyone else, he demands they conform to him or he'll go out of his way to try to destroy the group.

Yeah, still seems like he's the problem here.

Tanking forum seems like the right place to be discussing tanking. So yes.
Reply Quote
Taking 30 sec to look at things when you are tanking saves more time than wipes. I think tanking has gotten watered down though last few xpacs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I queued for an instance for the first time this morning. When I got in I said, "Hi all, this is my first time here" and immediately one person left the group. That made me laugh! the rest of the group was awesome, however, they told me what to do, the healer told me when I could go faster, and the run went off very well.
Reply Quote
The only person you need to consult regarding the pace of the run is your healer. Who cares what the hunter thinks?
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock

He's holding back the rest of the group with his pacing, and rather than even attempting to accommodate everyone else, he demands they conform to him or he'll go out of his way to try to destroy the group.

Yeah, still seems like he's the problem here.

Tanking forum seems like the right place to be discussing tanking. So yes.

Far as I can tell he's not the one to call bad here. Just a jerk as a consequence of being grouped with people who are unwilling to work with their group.

If my group is too impatient for me to wait for, say, my Keg Smash to cool down before I pull because I really want (perhaps need) that Guard up right off the bat, then they can tank it. It's called working with your team.
Edited by Rijdot on 9/29/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/28/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Gruklaar
So, be placed on notice.

Who are you putting on notice? This is the tank forums.

Go post this in the DPS forums. I'm sure they'll receive this politely and warmly.

ahahahhahahahahahahah
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I expect other people to have, at very least, read the dungeon journal before doing a fight.

I really hope to not need to explain fights.

That said, I don't usually get antagonistic unless there's a level 87 hunters in 434 gear doing less damage than the 85 in 384.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
The leveling dungeons I made it a point not to read immediately before the fight simply because I was in a PuG and I wanted to figure it out as I went.

The only time I had a hiccup was with the exploding adds on Sha of Violence. Other than that most mechanics, at least in normals, are pretty freaking predictable.

I did go O_o at the lion in Moshu'gun Vaults until I noticed Omen showing me doing 0 TPS to him during Ravage. Then I BoP'd the healer and went about my merry way.
Edited by Rijdot on 9/29/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bads are usually impatient bads and will be bads always. Just go at the healer's pace and if anybody gives you lip start taking even longer. Now if the entire group wants you to rush, then you should just rush, but if it's just one guy then I'd call him out at the very least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
MoP Heroics is kind of disappointingly easy. Hopefully Blizzard is adopting the attitude of "intro heroics are intro, later ones will increase in difficulty"

Not holding my breath though...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did you expect anything less? Any time you take as a tank is too much. Regardless, if the healer is OOM. This is why a PUG dps should be regarded as s mouth breather until proven otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
RP walk through the instance. Talk to your sword, promise it great victories. Stroke your shield (so to speak). Use your emotes.

If the devs can't make it fun, do it yourself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]