Windwool Cloth

Does anybody else think the drop rate on this stuff is rather excessive? I'm a tailor and I can't get rid of this stuff fast enough. I've sold 35 stacks. I have 60 bolts and 4 Imperial Silk on me. My bags are always full because of this worthless cloth. Is anybody else experiencing this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
make bracers. DE.

thats about all i can think of right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Throw it in the guild bank so people can level up their first aid. But mostly make stuff to DE.
Reply Quote
71 Human Warrior
Maybe there aren't enough tailors and ...uh.... doctors.... using it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It does seem higher than Embersilk or Frostweave in their respective expansions. I'm selling it on the AH, either too people who are incredibly lazy, or stocking up to help guildies level in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
There are 40 pages of auctions of it on my server and the lowest right now is 10g/stack lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I've been selling it for 20-25 gold a stack. Rather disappointing, normally cloth stacks are a good source of income. I've started to hold onto them, I'm pretty sure a nerf is coming to the drop rates.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Lopsydaisy
It does seem higher than Embersilk or Frostweave in their respective expansions. I'm selling it on the AH, either too people who are incredibly lazy, or stocking up to help guildies level in the future.

I tried selling it on the AH. My first five stacks sold like hotcakes and went for 139g each. When I logged on the next day the average cost per stack was down to just over 17g. Now I just vendor it. Saves me a trip to Org.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I've been sending it to the guild tailor as has everyone else, he doesn't know what to do with it all.

Blizz really killed the mat market this expansion. Cloth, herbs, and ore are all at middle to end of expansion prices already. Only thing keeping gear created from those professions at a reasonable price would be the cd on living steel and those stupid motes.
Edited by Sayne on 9/28/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
No I think it is just great thank you very much!
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I ran instances tonight and had my bags full of it by the end of it all. I crafted them into robes and DE'd them for shards. So I guess there's that.

But yeah it seems like they've really overcompensated for the low drop rate in cata. Hopefully once people start getting their hands on decent tailoring patterns it'll have more meaning to it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Look on the bright side, it'll make levelling alt professions so much faster. And I'm going to ask my favourite question here: why do we need so much gold?
Reply Quote
I feel the same way about ghost iron.

In fact, I'm making this post because I had 251 bars to craft and needed something to do lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
09/28/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Kaioon
I've been selling it for 20-25 gold a stack. Rather disappointing, normally cloth stacks are a good source of income. I've started to hold onto them, I'm pretty sure a nerf is coming to the drop rates.

Gods, I hope not.

I prefer to be swimming in crafting materials. Buying it = unhappy me.

I've been sending it to the guild tailor as has everyone else, he doesn't know what to do with it all.

Blizz really killed the mat market this expansion. Cloth, herbs, and ore are all at middle to end of expansion prices already. Only thing keeping gear created from those professions at a reasonable price would be the cd on living steel and those stupid motes.

You just found the real block on it.

And I like the high spawn rate on ore too.

Considering how you get gem recipes now, I'll need all the darned ore I can get. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
well... i know which profession im leveling up first. =D

no... its enchanting.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
09/28/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Reshaari

Gods, I hope not.

I prefer to be swimming in crafting materials. Buying it = unhappy me.

You just found the real block on it.

And I like the high spawn rate on ore too.

Considering how you get gem recipes now, I'll need all the darned ore I can get. -_-

It is a different sort of block and probably a more annoying one. People who used to make money off of farming of mats are going to have issues this expansion if the rates don't change. Had guildies who were hoping to make 200k by leveling herb/miners first. They did alright the first 36 hours or so but now it isn't all that profitable.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Warlock
I love the drop rate. After embersilk and frostweave, it's very refreshing to be able to get this s easily.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Remember theres more cloth around right now because so many people are leveling and having to kill humanoids (and there are LOTS more humanoid mobs than there were in cata) so the amounts available may be off.

They def shouldn't touch it until the first content patch if it even needs adjusted at all, better to have plenty of it than for people to be having to farm forevs just for some cloth when they'll already need to grind their tushies off for spirits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]