help choosing a MoP class to play

13 Pandaren Hunter
What have you played before?
i've leveled a hunter and a death knight

How far did you level it?
Hunter-85
Death knight-67 (i know not that far for a death knight XD)

Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed!
-The hunter i leveled to 70 with RaF i loved having so many different pets to level with such an array of options it was so cool. i hated how i was kind of dependent on my pet. usually for me if my pet died then not soon after i was dead also.
-The death knight i leveled alone. i loved how i could take on 3 enemy players on pvp and still somehow come out on top. i was unstoppable in pvp and it took little to no skill just a llittle luck. idk what i didnt like about the death knight it just got boring.

With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?
mostly alone for all i know.

Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?
questing while signed up for dungeons

Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?
hopefully a little of both but mostly pve

Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?
single character

Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).
i guess just a race with a good in game lore and makes more sense throughout the in game story line

Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?
-i like pure dps classes just so i dnt have to have as much responsibilities yet as i still consider myself new to wow or atleast the endgame content
-ranged i guess. this is wear all my trouble finding a class is. im actually ok with both i really dont have a big game changer preference.

Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)
heres a funny thing. i absolutely love stealth but i find leveling rogues boring. maybe its because i dont exactly think rogues fit into the lore. i have to make my own story to find rogues fun.

Hybrid or pure? Does it matter
Pure hopefully

Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?
ill take a pet if im not dependent on it

Throw in any extra details here:
i talked down about the rogue class but if you guys think that that class at endgame sounds best for me tell me. i may just have to power through the hard part to get to the fun part. same as every other class i may have mentioned in this thread. thanks in advance
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A pure with possibly a non-dependent pet (or at least a pet that isn't as dependent as a hunter would be). Warlocks have demons as a core class mechanic, so on the less evil side of the pure caster coin we have...mage!

Mages can fit a wide variety of races, and they're simple to play for the most part. I've seen a lot of beginners hit the ground running with them. There's a good change in flavor between the specializations so you'd still have some spice in life while staying an eternal ranged DPS. Frost mages have the permanent water elemental pet, which is mostly a hands-free pet. They just stand there and cast a waterbolt at your target, so they're helpful but not as intricate as say a hunter or warlock pet. Mages are glass cannons to some extent though, so if you can blast down mobs with good focus (rather than trying to kill many at once) you'll be okay solo. The portals are pretty nifty too.
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Hunter
just to make sure your suggesting a mage? or a warlock
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yep, I'd go with the mage since warlock pets are along the same lines as hunters: very dependent.
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Hunter
ok cool lets go try this out then thanks so much icedragon
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
If you go with a Druid you can Tank, Melee Dps, Caster Dps, Heal

If your about ROLES, and not playstyle (although i have to say the druid playstyle is amazing) then druid is a good pick, so versatile, very easy to level with, inbuilt flight form etc etc
Can tank or heal in dungeons for fast queues etc etc

Mages or warlocks can ONLY caster dps and nothing else, very long queue times :c
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you go with a Druid you can Tank, Melee Dps, Caster Dps, Heal

If your about ROLES, and not playstyle (although i have to say the druid playstyle is amazing) then druid is a good pick, so versatile, very easy to level with, inbuilt flight form etc etc
Can tank or heal in dungeons for fast queues etc etc

Mages or warlocks can ONLY caster dps and nothing else, very long queue times :c

While it's great that you love your druid, the OP would prefer a pure class, not a hybrid. He wants to do ranged DPS, not tanking or healing. A druid wouldn't suit him very well.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Secondly, kitty druids have rogue mechanics,

You can focus purely on Caster druid if you wish, which has a variety of spells and utilities, can send out 3 treants every 2mins as pets.

It would be good to play a druid because when youve played the caster side of it out, you can have a play with the other roles that druids can fulfill, so it CAN be considered a pure caster if thats what you want.
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Hunter
i could always try a druid i was just thinking that a pure class was easier to play. what kind of leveling spec and mechanics are best for druids right now
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/29/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Jaekol
what kind of leveling spec and mechanics are best for druids right now

The druid specs each do something different:
Guardian is a Tank
Restoration is a Healer
Feral is Melee DPS
Balance is Ranged DPS

If you want to be a druid, it's first choose what role you want to play then pick the matching spec. All can level just fine in all content types, it's just how they go about it that's different.

You say you want ranged DPS, that would be the Balance spec. Druids don't have a pet though, so all the damage you do comes directly from your spells.
Edited by Avanna on 9/29/2012 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Worgen Warrior
Rouge has the fastest attack speed which helped me out alot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]