Add more Ninjas to the Illidan ranks.

90 Tauren Paladin
Ill keep this short.

Got into a random heroic of the Sm GY/Cath Hybrid.

In this group were 2 members of the Guild - Archetype

A Balance Druid by the name of Bratty
And a DK Tank by the name of Corpsicle

Got a few pulls in, and a BoE Epic Drops.

I think to myself... Wow, not even a week in, and already a BoE Epic?

Epic that dropped - Legplates of Durable Dreams

I looked at these. Sure, they're worth some gold, but I want gear. What do i need gold for? I don't spend it on anything. These were a huge upgrade. Haste being the best Stat above Crit/mastery for ret, and Obv, everyone needs hit.

So I rolled need.

The also rolled need. As a Blood DK.

And who wins? Not the DK, but his Druid buddy.

When I asked the Dk why he rolled need. He replies with "I have an OS."
The Druid never said anything, but I'm assuming that he gave the pants to the DK
(Assuming BoE Epics that Bind when need rolled can be traded for 2 hours like other pieces of gear people win)

I expect this from randoms in LFR rolling on tier Tokens for their friends.

Careful around this guild, if there's 2 people who will Ninja, there's sure to be more.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sigh, please understand what getting "ninjaed" means before you make a thread.

You lost the roll, you had your chance, better luck next time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
To a druid.

Who rolled for his Buddies Offspec?
Pretty sure that falls under "Being a Ninja"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I take anyone with the name Mudkip seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
>Random Heroic
>Boe Drops
>People roll need on it for whatever reason

By no means is that being a ninja, even if he wanted to sell it he had full right to roll on it. If it was a planned group and master looted to him then it would be a ninja.

Like previously stated, please learn what a "ninja" is before throwing out accusations.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's a crummy feeling, but that's why you role with "Guildies". Even my buddies and I do the same thing for each other. It's called Brotherhood/Friendship. Take no chances of being the suckered.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/30/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Jínxs

^This

>Random Heroic
>Boe Drops
>People roll need on it for whatever reason

By no means is that being a ninja, even if he wanted to sell it he had full right to roll on it. If it was a planned group and master looted to him then it would be a ninja.

Like previously stated, please learn what a "ninja" is before throwing out accusations.

^^Even better, this

These "ninjas' as you call them actually sound like quite swell people to play with, they ook out for each other and are helping one another play the game, after all are we not playing a Massive "Multiplayer" Online game? If you want all the loot to yourself, please go back to your single player console RPG's or as others have stated roll with 2-4 guildies, 4 obviously meaning that every single piece of loot drops can go to you. Have yourself a nice day.

This message was approved and paid for by Skynet Global Defence Network.
Edited by Dertyshade on 9/30/2012 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
When you roll need on a BoE in a Dungeon group, it automatically becomes BoP. No trading whatsoever.

Also you should know that loot is individual in LFR in MoP. Each person gets a loot bag with a chance at class/spec specific gear in the loot bag.

Their are no tokens that flat out drop for everyone to see.

Either you are lucky as an individual or you are not - bringing 23 guildies and 1 pug to LFR gives you no loot advantages whatsoever.

Gots to know your stuff, bro.

(Also, perhaps the Druid just wanted a Sha crystal).
Edited by Roseby on 9/30/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
you mad bro

oh btw gear ninjas dont exist in wow for the record just ask blizz
Edited by Geminiman on 9/30/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
09/30/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Jínxs

you mad bro

oh btw gear ninjas dont exist in wow for the record just ask blizz

I take anyone who says you mad bro even more seriously!
Edited by Chópsuey on 9/30/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
09/30/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Roseby
When you roll need on a BoE in a Dungeon group, it automatically becomes BoP. No trading whatsoever.

It has a timer, just like a BOE blue. You can trade it with those eligible.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Mage
A) Everyone in the group rolled need, not just my 2 members and you. So unless there was 3 plate dps in there all chomping at the bit, how is it my member's fault you lost a roll?

B) Harassing people in whispers after the fact, calling them "mother !@#$ers" and being generally unpleasant is not the best course of action to resolve a dispute.

C) You should focus on doing more dps than the tank. Not Internet Policing.

D) Sweet, Bratty got some golds.

Peace!
Edited by Tradewynd on 9/30/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
...I didn't get the pants from Bratty, as I explained to you she, like the priest in the group, rolled need because those things are BoE and sell for around 20k (minimum) these days. I'm still using 397 pants. I'm not sure why you neglected to mention this, considering this is the key reasoning she had for rolling. Instead, you proposed a theory, which I told you was false from the first time you mentioned it, and continued to believe it doggedly. Now you're spreading this blatant falsehood into a public realm.
I don't see how rolling need on BoEs in a PUG 5-man is "ninjaing."
I thought you were mentally unstable when you sent me twenty private messages while I was trying to tank after the fact, causing our healer to die, but the fact you need to make this public shows you really have no clue.
Also, stuns and interrupts would've helped while you were in the group, but apparently this game is all about the numbers on your gear.
Stop complaining and play better.

To whomever said that BoE's become BoPs after a set amount of time...
What game are you playing? The pants are still BoE, she is selling them on the AH. I have never had what you described happen, and I have been playing since WoW "Classic." BoE is BoE; if you equip them they bind to you, otherwise they don't. This is one of the most simple truths of the WoW gear economy. I don't understand how you can think otherwise...
Edited by Corpsicle on 9/30/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Lol @ the OP for making this post
and
Lol @ the people taking the time to defend themselves on an online forum for an online video game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Personally I think this all is hillarious.
Reply Quote
59 Pandaren Monk
Boes should only be needable by the class that it's meant for, and also become soulbound when won if rolled need on, not only that, they shouldn't be able to be sold to a vedner.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
09/30/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Bruceleeto
Boes should only be needable by the class that it's meant for, and also become soulbound when won if rolled need on, not only that, they shouldn't be able to be sold to a vedner.

What if I need on it to destroy it?

...not that I would.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
To a druid.

Who rolled for his Buddies Offspec?
Pretty sure that falls under "Being a Ninja"

I am sorry but i does not fall under being ninja'd. When an item is ninja's the raid leader sets the loot to MASTER LOOTER and loots the items he wants to himself / herself or their friends. When a BOE drops and the loot rules are need over greed then you have the same chance as everyone else to win it.

I am sorry that this happened to you but this is in no way ninja'd loot.

Also a system was implemented some time ago that when a BOE drops and someone needs on it then it will in turn become soulbound (although the two hour trading window still exists). Unless something changed that is the way it supposed to happen.
Edited by Fanatics on 10/1/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Bruceleeto: Horrible name, best forum av.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Its a BOE he needs on it he !@#$s himself anyways because they made it soulbound now so you can now laugh at him for being stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]