The huge flaw with Golden Lotus Rep

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
As it stands, the only method I know of earning reputation with Golden Lotus and then Shado-Pan/AC is doing the daily quests at level 90. There is no "fast-track" method of farming rep, and there is a massive problem with that. Here's why:

Player A and Player B play the exact same amount of WoW each week, but they are partition their time differently. Player A is in high-school and can can play 1 hour a day, 5 days a week. In her time, she's able to do the Golden Lotus dailies 5x per week. Player B is a busy father, he can only play for 5 hours on an early Saturday morning. In his time, he's only able to do the Golden Lotus dailies 1x per week. Despite each player playing the exact same amount of time per week, Player A is rewarded with being able to farm Golden Lotus reputation 5x faster than Player B. Why is player B so harshly punished?

In Cataclysm, you had the choice of putting on a tabard and running dungeons or doing the daily quests from the factions, or a combination of both. In the Cataclysm world, Player A and Player B would theoretically be rewarded with hitting exalted at roughly the same time because they played the same amount of time per week. The beauty of the old system was that it was two paths to the same outcome.

My primary concern is that as more and more people hit 90, some are going to be rewarded with the ability to purchase their 489 gear much more quickly than others simply because of the forced method of farming reputation on a daily basis. I now feel like if I don't do my dailies every day, then I'm going to fall a day behind my guild. There's no way to "catch up." If you miss a day that's a day's worth of reputation that you'll never get back. If I have a busy week of homework and exams and can't login, then when I finally get some down time on a Sunday morning, I'm now 6 days behind and I might cause a lag when my guild starts raiding.

I understand that players in Cataclysm would race through content and then complain about having nothing to do. To be totally honest, I think that those individuals represent a minority. I'd like a system of being able to "catch-up" if I'm unable to login one day. I don't want to feel like I need to ensure I hit a daily cap so that I don't fall behind. We need multiple ways to earn the same rewards when it comes to faction rep.

TL;DR: Blizzard needs to implement a "fast-track" method of farming reputation with MoP factions because the current system is massively flawed and only works in favor of a person who can play on a daily basis.
Edited by Vodin on 9/30/2012 9:55 AM PDT
81 Orc Warrior
All of these threads regarding reputation have valid points. The problem is, Blizzard isn't listening. They were told these EXACT SAME THINGS on beta. It's not like nobody tested the content and it's a work in progress. It's what they want, unfortunately.
90 Human Priest
You have no ideal what can of stinky dead worms would be opened if they did that.
83 Blood Elf Warlock
I just wish the rep gains weren't so small. It's going to take ages to hit revered with the golden lotus, and then it's going to take ages again to get your rep with the faction you actually wanted rep for.

And by the time we have both of those the gear probably won't even be needed anymore, so all we'd be doing is a superlong rep grind for a mount or vanity item or the like.
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/30/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Kardax
All of these threads regarding reputation have valid points. The problem is, Blizzard isn't listening. They were told these EXACT SAME THINGS on beta. It's not like nobody tested the content and it's a work in progress. It's what they want, unfortunately.

I agree. It's still good to keep fighting though. We are finally getting offline mode for real id, for example. It might take a while, but keep it up and hopefully we can get them to see reason.
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 9/30/2012 10:18 AM PDT
85 Human Priest
then why not just let those that have not logged in get a bonus based on the days or time played during the week they did not loggin.. equaling the same amount of rep if they did play all week. we pay the same amount of cash as everyone else . asking for something simple as this . shouldnt be a problem.
90 Human Paladin
the only thing i will say regarding this is that it's a major improvement from the cataclysm method. do quests, get tabbard, farm dungeons, get exalted, enjoy gear and helm enchantments... i like the idea of actually having to do something to get the rep. kudo's for making it worth something to get the rep. just wish it went a little faster.
90 Human Paladin
[quote="67579385970"]the only thing i will say regarding this is that it's a major improvement from the cataclysm method. do quests, get tabbard, farm dungeons, get exalted, enjoy gear and helm enchantments... i like the idea of actually having to do something to get the rep. kudo's for making it worth something to get the rep. just wish it went a little faster. also, it's much better than the avengers of hyjal... who wants to go farm FL when DS is old content now?! ugh. c'mon ppl get it right.
100 Tauren Warrior
It's too bad rep isn't going to have much use by time players have progressed with said reputations to the point they're working to. Even when grinding them all out daily.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
The problem with the Golden Lotus Rep is that it's a huge step backward in development in terms of daily content. It's very "burning crusade" era. I get that some people enjoy that, but the fact that two other reps are gated behind golden lotus is silly. Especially since the golden lotus dailies themselves are terribly boring. The reason other reps like tillers, anglers, and whatnot are fun is because they don't -feel- like daily grinds. They feel like just doing fun things and getting rep as a result of it. The golden lotus dailies are pretty generic "go here and kill 12 of these for 100 rep." which is just, bleh.

The least they could have done was let us get rep up to revered for golden lotus in the Mogu dungeons. That way we could unlock the shado-pan and august celestials and still need to do the dailies for the golden lotus to get the exalted rewards. But it would be a much shorter and more reasonable grind.

I'm barely into friendly with the golden lotus and I've been doing -all- their quests daily. Let me just say I already did my token quest for the week and have almost enough to turn in again next week. That's how many dailies I've been doing. It doesn't feel fun, but I know I have to do it because those tailoring patterns aren't going to unlock themselves. Urgh.

If they wanted to keep the traditional TBC era rep grind dailies in game, the Klaxxi dailies fill that role up very well on their own.

IDK. Out of the entire expansion the handling of the golden lotus rep was one of the main negatives for me. But I'll deal because everything else is amazing.
91 Goblin Rogue
Posting this on a Sunday won't get a response from Blizzard.
100 Tauren Warrior
Alona I like the points you've made. I actually enjoy running the dailies, specifically tillers, and of course want those exalted rewards as much as the next achievement/mount !@#$%.

I think my biggest issue out of all of this is the lack of availability for crafting materials, specifically motes/spirits. Knowing I have a guild that is going to be wanting those epic items crafted as soon as I unlock them is frustrating considering the time that would be required just to craft one item.

Using the crafting and rep grind as a means to 'fill in' item slots when unlucky with heroic dungeon drops (in the case of honored rewards - crafted items or justice items) or unlucky with raid drops (in the case of revered rewards - crafted or valor) just seems like a huge waste of currency in the first place.

As it stands, I've maxxed both valor and justice points, with no item worth purchasing in sight, and I know it's only the first week, and I'm not saying that in any 'amg i need all the gear already now please' sense. It just seems to me that once those items are becoming available, they are also on the verge of becoming obsolete.

In the end, if I could trade justice points for motes or spirits, in order to help fill slots that haven't been filled for raid pals, that would count for something and give all of these rep rewards a little more meaning.

On the other hand, I like mounts, and tabards, and other vanity items. I just wish the weight of crafting efforts could better match the demand.

Edited because i can't use a slang word for 'professional'
Edited by Grouk on 9/30/2012 11:07 PM PDT
100 Orc Warlock
I just wish the rep gains weren't so small. It's going to take ages to hit revered with the golden lotus, and then it's going to take ages again to get your rep with the faction you actually wanted rep for.

And by the time we have both of those the gear probably won't even be needed anymore, so all we'd be doing is a superlong rep grind for a mount or vanity item or the like.

There's still things like the weapon enchants from August Celestials/Shado-Pan.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Problem with Golden Lotus is that it takes freaking forever just to hit Honored.
100 Tauren Warrior
09/30/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Holified
And this is why the game started to go downhill, people complaining about the game being too hard. If you suck and complain about not having time then dont play, getting gear should feel like an accomplishment again. None of you guys played in classic like myself otherwise you would understand this. Making things easy makes it seem less epic once you optain things......an epic item retrieved in classic was an EPIC moment, now its like getting an uncommon item. !@#$ and play the game scrubs lol

Good point, if you're referring to the rep grinds, themselves. These rewards, however, are not epic. What can be obtained from these reps will only be used as 'filler' items fundamentally.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]