Red Cricket

90 Troll Priest
Just got Best Friends with Cho, she mailed me the Red Cricket but... when learning the spell and looking in the Pet Book, the rare item turned into a poor BP?

Anybody else have this problem/issue?
Reply Quote
56 Gnome Warrior
Just because the item that teaches the pet is rare does not mean the pet itself is rare quality.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/30/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Dalrick
Just because the item that teaches the pet is rare does not mean the pet itself is rare quality.

No, but what you have to go through to get the pet it should be rare or at least uncommon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Mine turned into rare as it lvled up, I thought it was wierd (currently only lvl 6 for what its worth).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/02/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Dakyras
Mine turned into rare as it lvled up, I thought it was wierd (currently only lvl 6 for what its worth).

Interesting I'll test this - but IMHO given you have to reach Best Friend (equivalent of personal exalted) it should really be a rare and seeing poor in my pet book gave me a double take...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Okay I levelled my red cricket - still poor ...

It's a bit crazy tbh...
Reply Quote
Oh good, there's a topic about it. I just got the cricket and while it's adorable, the fact that it's a grey-quality pet is pretty disappointing. I was expecting green, hoping for blue, but come on, this is absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/06/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Faeljin
Oh good, there's a topic about it. I just got the cricket and while it's adorable, the fact that it's a grey-quality pet is pretty disappointing. I was expecting green, hoping for blue, but come on, this is absurd.

Same issue with the JC sapphire cub, it's always poor quality.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/06/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Nightsbane

My cub is listed as rare. : /
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
look at the stats, does it compare to crickets of a similar level? Bear in mind that rep farms and money are not intended to get you beastly killer awesome pets (I realize the counter arguement to this, it holds less water than a dry spongebob).

Keep yourself up to date with the next patch, the Beta is having a feature come online that will allow us to upgrade pet quality, which indicated that Blizzard has at least noticed the consensus on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Seems buggy. I think non-wild pets are always supposed to be uncommon or rare.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/06/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Adah
My cub is listed as rare. : /

Mine is listed as rare as well on the armory - it's still poor quality - your point? Unless you're saying it says Rare in game? JC pets are the only crafted ones with random stats on purpose?

Anyways hopefully upgrade system fixes these... issues.
Edited by Nightsbane on 10/7/2012 4:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
No, mine is listed as rare in game. My jade owl is only uncommon though, and it's listed as rare on the armory.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I thought there was a way to make pets you favor into rares eventually?
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Ryoka
I thought there was a way to make pets you favor into rares eventually?

There isn't as of now, but they recently said this was upcoming for 5.1: "Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured."

From the way it's stated, it's just pets captured in the wild, but we won't know for certain until later.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I got a poor cricket, too, and that's just plain abysmal! I put a lot of effort in to getting this bloody little hopper, it should at least be uncommon!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/06/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Nightsbane

No it's not. I have seen them as poor and common on the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I confirmed with a GM that the quality of the Red Cricket is random. I opened a ticket after a guildie got a rare and I got a poor one. :(

If I put in the same effort as everyone else, we should all get the same quality item. This really sucks and I hope they fix it.
Edited by Cvt on 10/15/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
My cricket was Uncommon

It should be noted that unlike most of the other "untradeable" pets I've looked at, this one is tradeable prior to being learned, and not after. Unless I'm mistaken most non BoP pets are tradeable even after being learned.

What this means is if you want another one, you'll need to convince someone else to sell you theirs w/o learning it... and that's another random shot if you will get a poor cricket again or not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]