Is WoW your main source of social interaction

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes or No. Leave your snide comments at the door.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
It's probably about half. The internet as a whole is my main source of social interaction, due to my insane work schedule and the town I live in [I work pretty late, and my whole town falls asleep around 9PM], but WoW's only a part of that. RP sites, GW2, and some other communities I'm a part of all make it up.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Jokes on you, I stole the door.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
No

Unfortunately my work requires me to vocally socialize for the majority of the day, with little email/IM priority. I'm always too the point when I have to type something, which seems to adversely affect my socializing skills in wow. That said, when I get home and want to play, socializing is one of the last things I'd like to do.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
No

Unfortunately my work requires me to vocally socialize for the majority of the day, with little email/IM priority. I'm always too the point when I have to type something, which seems to adversely affect my socializing skills in wow. That said, when I get home and want to play, socializing is one of the last things I'd like to do.

It doesn't count if it's your job. >:[
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's a main source, so yes. The other main source (I consider them equal contributors) is my university.

I attend a few academic club gatherings. I also play D&D every Monday night with some loosely defined friends.

If I weren't in university, I imagine WoW would be my primary source of social interaction. WoW's an enjoyable hobby for me, like running, drumming, or singing, and I like to include people in it wherever possible. The lack of social context, however, would not affect my gameplay.

If WoW's people were replaced with NPCs (albeit fairly complex ones for PvP), I'd still play it like a single-player game, get tired of it, and return to Skyrim.

All hail King Ulfric.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
My job consists of either sitting at my desk with a laptop and a pile of papers or attending and translating business meetings so...no but it's the one interaction I happen to enjoy 9 times out of 10! After a long day at work I don't really feel like talking out-loud.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Nope.

I have a busy !@# superjob that requires all day social interaction with many many people.

Which, I -am- a very social person, and I love my job, however, when I come home at night...I want to be home, and with family. With my social skills on cooldown.

WoW is a semi-social outlet that fills my social needs in the evenings when I am home, after the peanuts are asleep, that I can SLAP THE LAPTOP CLOSED WHEN I'M TIRED. Or I can trade skill whilst they play happily at my feet.

:)

I am prone to every so often going out with friends, and doing the odd dumb thing though.

So yeah, nope, not at all. It does make a nice faucet in the balance of life though.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
About half. I do a lot of socializing on Facebook, but considering i'm currently unemployed, I do talk a lot with my guildies on vent and in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Uh, sadly, yes. That and the few people I meet at the bus-stop while waiting on Sophie to come home and a few other social-sites.

I'm a bit shy and a stay at home mom, and the only group playground is a bit far away for me to get out the stroller and walk to.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Me on WoW:

I AM SO GREAT I PITY YOU FOOL LOOK AT HOW RAD I AM
HEH DON'T WORRY BABBIE I CAN HELP YOU /FLEX
YEAH I KNOW I'M PRETTY EPIC.

*LAUGHS ALONE WITH EPIC MOUNTS AND ARMOR*

Me IRL:

u uh is this ok im sorry /huffs inhaler im sorry guys i didnt mean to bother you i guess ill leave now sorry

I can't be the only one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yes and no.
Reply Quote
A large portion, yes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Fitty-fitty.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Liotuse
Fitty-fitty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
What's a "WOW" ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just moved to a new country, and I hate meeting new people,

So yes.

Ergh, my logic is flawed. Even back in my village I went out for little errands and then came straight back to a computer next to a heater all warm. It's a comforting game/atmosphere. Always people to talk to.

Would I prefer it over real life interactions? Most likely not. I enjoy associating with people in real life. But they both balance themselves 50/50 for which I'd prefer.
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
Nope.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]