Player Coming Back To WoW With Questions

First off I felt that these questions mostly applied to me even though I have played extensively; however I haven't played in a while so I don't remember much and are looking to getting back into the game. With the new expansion out I look to get back into the game as said before however I need some helpful tips because I haven't played since mid-Cataclysm so I don't know what has happened and such so if you have answers please help me. Also I won't be playing till I have money to purchase a subscription and also I don't remember anything about Hunter since I have not played in a while. Thanks to all who help (except the trolls), Megashots

IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE GAME AND HAVE NEVER PLAYED:
---> OR HAVE NOT REACHED LEVEL 60 YET

Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? A pet would be cool.

Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? Armor has no effect on me I don't care.

What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I have played everything from console games to games on the internet websites to some strategy and action games, and some WoW, but don't remember much.

Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? Healing would be nice.

Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? Doesn't matter.

Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Sneaky is fun but the other one is okay too.

Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Probably the front lines, but the other one works.

Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? Mostly on my own maybe a friend but he/she have not decided.

Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? No not really don't remember any really.

Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. Don't really care for it.

Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). No not a roleplayer.

Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. No not really, open to all, and also don't remember.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Monks are somewhat fun looking. The game overall has changed a lot in Mop, even the low lvls are very different then in Cata. One thing i do like at low lvls Is CRZ which makes low lvl zones more populated and for me that makes it funner just seeing people.
Edited by Korinaxx on 9/30/2012 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah you would probably enjoy playing monk or paladin. Ummm also you should check out the 5.04 Survival Guide on the site because it has some of the changes from cata to mop.
Reply Quote
Things haven't changed that much since mid-Cata, so the other set of answers would be a lot more useful if you've played extensively and you're looking for a new class to try when you resub. Otherwise, just resub and jump on a character, won't take long to get used to the changes. You could even just activate a trial account for now to get an idea of what's different.

As far as hunters go, only major differences are that you'll cap Expertise along with Hit, you can't equip melee stat sticks along with your bow or gun (weapon stats have been readjusted to compensate for the loss of the extra slot), and you can switch your pet's specialization as needed (Ferocity/Tenacity/Cunning).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I got the sense that you would be OK with whatever at this point. You don't mind being ranged or melee, armor type doesn't bug you, you're fine with being either support or the main attraction, no class stands out to you.

My suggestion to you is to level two or three interesting looking classes to level 20 and see which one you like better and stick with that one.

Getting to level 20 is not that hard. It doesn't take much play time at all. So you can probably easily level even 4 characters to level 20 without too much time investment. And you'll have a better sense of what you do and don't like. And you can come back to this forum if you have any questions or concerns about the way any of your test classes are performing.

Another benefit is that if you get bored with your main choice, you'll have another character ready and waiting to pick up where you left them without starting from scratch.

But then again, I'm an alto-holic. I love switching between a lot of different characters.
Reply Quote
Okay thanks for your responses. Anymore suggestions out there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/01/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Megashots
Okay thanks for your responses. Anymore suggestions out there.

I think Rhymetha pretty well covered it.
Reply Quote
Okay thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
@Drewb
In Wow terms we haven't seen this much change in awhile. just the addition of monks changes low lvls and that's not the only thing the changed, thus why i said overall it was a lot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]