LVL 26 rotation and spec help

52 Worgen Warrior
Hi All

I have recently started a warrior and am having some difficulties in playing effectively. I am finding that it takes me ages to kill anything. I am mainly playing in dungeons now because I find it difficult to solo effectively and I am always the bottom of the DPS table. I am pretty sure that I am currently doing it wrong.

Can anyone please tell me what is the best leveling spec (I am currently Fury and will duel tank soon)?
Also and most importantly... what rotation / priority should I use?

Thanks for your help!
Reply Quote
52 Worgen Warrior
Bump!

Sorry I am desperate!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Which skills do you already have?
I can give you some advice on arms/prot, i've never really played fury. :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Okay, well.. Your first error is leveling as Fury.

Your second error is the Cloth Heirloom shoulders.

Your third error is not leveling as Prot.! :P

Here's what I did..

I went Arms at level 10, I leveled to 30 as Arms, and got Prot Dual Spec. I tanked tons of dungeons until around level 46. I tried Arms then, and boy was I just flabbergasted at the poor damage output of Arms. NOTHING TRUMPS PROT, kill quests are you absolute friend as Prot.. I am able to gather nearly 8 of my level or 1/2 higher and AOE them down, while Victory Rush keeps me at 80%+ At all times. I can gather tons more if I blow all of my CDs (Last Stand, Shield Wall, Demoralizing Shout).. It's awesome and I'm still leveling as Prot, level 71 at the moment. Prot having a spammable high-damage attack (Devestate) along with Revenge, Shield Slam and Heroic Strike.. Prot's damage output is just absolutely amazing and the survivability just increases Prot's effectiveness.

I encourage you to level to 26 as Arms. Switch to Prot for Devestate, find a nice 1-H and a Shield.. And fly through the levels. :]

---> Rotation for Prot. (Victory Rush if available) Devestate x3 (Mobs should already be at 30% health after that) Shield Slam, finish with Heroic Strike if it isn't dead after your Shield Slam.

---> Multiple mobs (3 or more) (Save Victory Rush for when you've got low health) Thunder Clap, Revenge, Shield Block (If at 60 Rage) (Shockwave - 60+) Cleave x2, Thunder Clap, Victory Rush.

The talents I chose, in order..

15 -> Double Time
30 -> Second Wind (MAKE SURE YOU PICK THIS!!, one time at level 40.. I went afk, and came back to 2 mobs beating on me while Second Wind just kept kicking in when I went under 35%. I estimate they were beating on me for about 10 minutes.)

45 -> Piercing Howl. Your choice, here. I just like this while running dungeons.. Shockwave -> Piercing Howl. They're slowed and you can run and grab more for faster dungeon runs. :]

60 -> Shockwave. I chose this because of the low CD (20 seconds as apposed to Dragon Roar's 1 minute and Bladestorm's 1.5 minute). Plus, AOE threat grabbers are extremely valuable. Especially ones with low CDs! :]

75 -> N/A.. I will most likely pick "Mass Spell Reflection".

90 -> Obviously Avatar. :]

Glpyhs I chose are Unending Rage: (+ 20 maximum Rage) this is extremely nice, for the sole fact that you can store more Rage.

Hold the Line: Increases your Revenge's damage by an additional 50% after a successful parry. This gives you more damage output, and as Prot.. You always parry. :]

(Third Glyph not available yet :/, will most likely choose Bull Rush at 75 (15 more Rage tacked onto your Charge)
Edited by Zynara on 10/2/2012 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Warrior
10/02/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Zynara

This. Even with cloth heirloom shoulders, as a protection warrior in low level dungeons, you should top DPS. Every dungeon I ran leveling up (primary form of leveling) I was top DPS in and I suck.

10/02/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Zynara
---> Rotation for Prot. (Victory Rush if available) Devestate x3 (Mobs should already be at 30% Health after that) Shield Slam, finish with Heroic Strike if it isn't dead after your Shield Slam.

I believe you should never have only a single mob on you (as protection). It's inefficient, especially with AoE looting.

If you're questing, you gather a group of mobs, and start with Thunderclap, Revenge on cooldown, and Shield Slam/Devastate as fillers (I used Thunderclap on cooldown too, just for the lightning strike animation). Use Victory Rush as you kill mobs.

Nearly the same as tanking. You will almost always have multiple mobs, making Thunderclap, then Revenge, priorities!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

This. Even with cloth heirloom shoulders, as a protection warrior in low level dungeons, you should top DPS. Every dungeon I ran leveling up (primary form of leveling) I was top DPS in and I suck.

---> Rotation for Prot. (Victory Rush if available) Devestate x3 (Mobs should already be at 30% Health after that) Shield Slam, finish with Heroic Strike if it isn't dead after your Shield Slam.

I believe you should never have only a single mob on you (as protection). It's inefficient, especially with AoE looting.

If you're questing, you gather a group of mobs, and start with Thunderclap, Revenge on cooldown, and Shield Slam/Devastate as fillers (I used Thunderclap on cooldown too, just for the lightning strike animation). Use Victory Rush as you kill mobs.

Nearly the same as tanking. You will almost always have multiple mobs, making Thunderclap, then Revenge, priorities!

I wrote rotations for multiple and solo mobs.
Edited by Zynara on 10/2/2012 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
52 Worgen Warrior
Wow thank you so much for that! I am really excited about my warrior now! I will definitely change specs next time I am on... I had heard Fury was the best for dps, but you cannot always trust Google lol. I am leveling this warrior exclusively tanking dungeons after I hit 30.

One thing... when you were questing on Prot - were you in defensive or attack stance?

As for the cloth shoulders, they are temporary. I am leveling a DK as a tank at the moment and he is almost 79. Once Blaze is 80 (hopefully this week), he will hand down the plate shoulders to my Warrior.

Thanks again for your help - that was awesome
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Fury is top dps..... at 90 and geared well. Fury is heavily reliant on hit and expertise, without those capped you would be missing A LOT. And as what people have said in here Prot is definitely the way to level until at LEAST 80, then I switched to fury just because it has a higher dps output and the mobs you will be fighting will have MUCH more health.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Wow thank you so much for that! I am really excited about my warrior now! I will definitely change specs next time I am on... I had heard Fury was the best for dps, but you cannot always trust Google lol. I am leveling this warrior exclusively tanking dungeons after I hit 30.

One thing... when you were questing on Prot - were you in defensive or attack stance?

As for the cloth shoulders, they are temporary. I am leveling a DK as a tank at the moment and he is almost 79. Once Blaze is 80 (hopefully this week), he will hand down the plate shoulders to my Warrior.

Thanks again for your help - that was awesome

Defensive Stance when leveling as Prot.. This is because things like Revenge and Shield Slam only generate Rage when in Defensive Stance. Have fun leveling your Warrior, I know I sure did! :D
Edited by Zynara on 10/5/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]