Blingtron 4000

90 Pandaren Shaman
Pertinent information: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86623#contains

So, I poured a lot of valuable resources into making this litle guy, and although I love him to pieces (then I reassemble him, with love), I'm a bit disappointed. I should have checked WoWHead before I made him (shame on me), but most of his items are completely useless, or come in such small quantities that you'll never get as much out of him as you put into making him.

I really, REALLY wish there were a few rare items (something like 0.003%) which came from the gift. Maybe a Living Steel bar, a mount, some rare Engi items such as goggles, the new gun. Schematics/plans/recipe, etc..

Does anyone else feel like it's a bit lackluster? :/

Edit: Also, the one rare item he does drop (http://www.wowhead.com/item=74622), increases your skill (very small increase) in a primary profession... but, MoP profs seem to be easy to upgrade, or at least mine were. 95% of all people using this will have maxed professions... what does that do for us? :(
Edited by Momo on 10/1/2012 11:21 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Mage
Its actually the coolest public thing blizzard has ever done. People thinking this would have a big payoff were really thinking about it in the wrong way. With the Blingtron, some newbie has one chance a day at getting a primitive collider, and 90g can make a huge difference. All the other stuff are also things a lowbie wouldn't mind vendoring. In short the blingtron is a player driven public service.

Anyone who thought this would be dropping raid epics or something was being silly.

Also please keep in mind that you can get this with each character you have once a day. That actually can add up and it only takes a few mins to get it on every character. Its very rare, but imagine if they all get a collider. Bam 900 gold.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Its actually the coolest public thing blizzard has ever done. People thinking this would have a big payoff were really thinking about it in the wrong way. With the Blingtron, some newbie has one chance a day at getting a primitive collider, and 90g can make a huge difference. All the other stuff are also things a lowbie wouldn't mind vendoring. In short the blingtron is a player driven public service.

Anyone who thought this would be dropping raid epics or something was being silly.

Also please keep in mind that you can get this with each character you have once a day. That actually can add up and it only takes a few mins to get it on every character. Its very rare, but imagine if they all get a collider. Bam 900 gold.

That's true- and it does have some fun properties for low level players or alts, but it's almost *almost* useless for me. :/

90g is nice to have, and you can bet I'll be doing his quest every day, but now that I know the list of items he has, it's just... not as exciting. Even if they just added one super-cool item, EVEN if it was something as simple as a piece of gear with no other use but for transmog with a unique model, that would be awesome. But there's virtually nothing exciting about it for me, it just seems like something I should do every day now that I have him because I could potentially get 90g. :/
90 Draenei Shaman
10/01/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Momo
I really, REALLY wish there were a few rare items (something like 0.003%) which came from the gift. Maybe a Living Steel bar, a mount, some rare Engi items such as goggles, the new gun. Schematics/plans/recipe, etc..

It has a chance to drop mounts and pets according to this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7305441

"But wait, there’s more! Sometimes you just want to add a little sparkle to your day, perhaps even a little bling. We present to you, stalwart and talented engineers of Azeroth, the Blingtron 4000. It doesn’t slice, it doesn’t dice, but it does churn out gifts! You’ll have ‘em lining up wherever you set this new invention down in the hope of getting a special gift. (Gifts are limited to one per day, per account, to anyone who talks with him while he’s around.) The Blingtron 4000 will be fully stocked with a variety of fun items such as Party Grenades, but even better than that, it has a chance (a very, very small one) to give the gift of an Engineering mount or pet. Consider this your way of giving a little something back to the world you live in. (Worship and adulation from the masses don’t hurt either.)"
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hmmn- perhaps WoWHead's loot list is wrong or hasn't been correctly updated. We'll see! :D
10/01/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Momo
Hmmn- perhaps WoWHead's loot list is wrong or hasn't been correctly updated. We'll see! :D

You have to understand how Wowhead works. They have an add-on that players install, and the add-on collects data every time they loot a corpse or package (and for a wide variety of other stuff), and then uploads it to Wowhead. The drop rates on Wowhead reflect the data they've received from users, not the "true" drop rates that are actually used to generate drops.

For small sample sizes (currently Wowhead has data for 264 gift packages), drop rates will be distorted, and items with low drop rates may not show up at all, because no one with the client has looted them yet.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
when you say lowbie,,think again only lev80 and up can loot him soooo,its all vender crappola. i made him and im sorry i wasted my matts.
86 Dwarf Priest
Blue said new bling is coming, better be 5.1
90 Undead Mage
My hunter's already got his Blingtron, and I'll be making one on this guy eventually. I've looted probably 1000 gold worth of vendor trash from him between my characters, including the 200 gold Eternium Rose. Plus more landsharks and health/mana pots than you can shake a tauren druid herbalist at.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Omegatherion
Blue said new bling is coming, better be 5.1

yeah, what he said. engineering mounts and pets in the table in 5.1.
90 Tauren Druid
I just want to say to all the Engineers out there, thank you for putting Blingotrons down. It pleases me greatly when for doing nothing but clicking on a robot I get free gold and a few Mana potions.
90 Gnome Warrior
Yeah, Blingtron's worth per person isn't amazing on average, but by slamming it down and having all my alts grab it I never have to buy potions again, forever.

And the best part is, you get to share it with everyone else! Put it in a high traffic area and a few dozen people will hit it...Even if nobody got any good stuff, that's well over 100g given out, not counting the worth of potions.

It also adds a key component to an Engineer/Toy Collector's village, the quest giver. Now you can have a Mailbox, Forge, Bar, Repair, Bank, Guild Bank, Target Dummy, Stove, Decorations, Vendor and Daily quest giver in one place. I'm in negotiations with the Golden Lotus to buy a little piece of land to establish Neo-Gnomeregan on now.
Edited by Drunkencrono on 11/19/2012 1:34 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
11/19/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Drunkencrono
I never have to buy potions again, forever.

Apparently I'll never have to buy engineering grenades again, either. The robot hands those out like candy.
90 Undead Mage
11/19/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
I just want to say to all the Engineers out there, thank you for putting Blingotrons down. It pleases me greatly when for doing nothing but clicking on a robot I get free gold and a few Mana potions.

You're welcome! :) This is really one of the best things an engineer can get from Blingtron.

I make an announcement in trade when I drop him, and I'll sometimes drop him in LFR, Sha groups, or even heroics if he isn't on CD. Every time someone /says or /whispers me "thanks" I feel all warm and gooey inside. Even if it is "great, thanks for more garbage". I know they don't ~really~ mean that, they're just being funny, right?
90 Night Elf Hunter
question.. can he be used cross faction?

curious if i can use to bait people to the edge of the wall by pvp vendors and then explosive trap them to their death.

=D
90 Undead Mage
question.. can he be used cross faction?

curious if i can use to bait people to the edge of the wall by pvp vendors and then explosive trap them to their death.

=D

Nope, like Jeeves he's faction specific.
90 Troll Priest
11/19/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo

He always brightens my day. Someone put him down in the AV cave, what a nice treat.
90 Human Warlock
I've pulled a number of useful things such as fire spirits for alts which help boost profession, vendor trash that sells for 200g, eleventy billion potions, and one day, my warrior even pulled 13 motes of harmony. I don't know if it was a bug, but I have a screenshot.

Supposedly there is a very rare chance to get engineering pets or mounts from it, but I have yet to see that
60 Blood Elf Priest
i would like them to add mount "parts" ,random chance at getting the parts required to put a few different custom mounts together with.

add components that are interchangeable to create 3-4 diff looking mounts

ppl could mix and match the pieces to create a few diff "looks" if enough components are acquired.

pieces should be ah sellable/tradeable but of course always rare to even get in the first place.
mystery mounts with 6-7 needed components
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]