Blingtron 4000

85 Undead Mage
I love you engineers that drop the Blingatron 4000. I always dance with him after I loot my potions.

Plus, party grenades are a hit in LFR. I like to believe that.
68 Dwarf Warrior
"People thinking this would have a big payoff were really thinking about it in the wrong way. With the Blingtron, some newbie has one chance a day at getting a primitive collider, and 90g can make a huge difference. All the other stuff are also things a lowbie wouldn't mind vendoring. In short the blingtron is a player driven public service"

A "newbie" can't create one, only a level 85+ engineer can, after farming 40 Motes.

People who think there is no big payoff for the CREATOR are correct.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/26/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Narisa

while this is true, it is by design. Its "bling" there is no significant intended benefit from it. The name implies uselessness.
Edited by Zachfu on 11/26/2012 5:02 AM PST
90 Human Hunter
"People thinking this would have a big payoff were really thinking about it in the wrong way. With the Blingtron, some newbie has one chance a day at getting a primitive collider, and 90g can make a huge difference. All the other stuff are also things a lowbie wouldn't mind vendoring. In short the blingtron is a player driven public service"

A "newbie" can't create one, only a level 85+ engineer can, after farming 40 Motes.

I've never been able to interact with the Blingtron under level 80. :P
100 Human Paladin
What has happened to our Blings... they have stopped giving presents!
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I got an engineering recipe for a new type of fireworks out of one.
91 Draenei Shaman
Sounds like they buffed his presents so perhaps this change or aka, bug was intentional after all.

For those un-aware, his quest changed from a daily to a weekly in 5.1.
90 Goblin Hunter
So did anyone actually see confirmation about the blingtron being once per account? I got the quest today, but only on one character. Any blue response on this working as intended or still broke? Guess I will find out tomorrow if I can use it again.
100 Human Paladin
Today he gave me a prize and dressed me to kill. Have not been on my other toons since rolling restart. In 5.1 update my toons were all able to access a Bling once a day. It was just yesterday that I set down one and people complained about no presents. We thought it might be that we were all in the same party and some had used a Bling that day and some had not.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I got Eternium Rose from him last night. I don't need the gold, but still a nice surprise. I'm a fan.
Sorry to say that the change to only allow me to loot once per account per day is going to stop me from dropping it in public places. Now when I had 10 chances at a mount on my account per day (and making decent money off the grey items), I was ok with dropping it in SW.

I have stuck with engineering since day 1. The idea that someone who isn't even an engineer will most likely get a mount before I ever will and benefit off the years of pain staying with lack luster engineering just isn't right. Call me selfish but I think I should get more benefit from this item that isn't cheap to make than someone who isn't even an engineer.

Thanks Blizz for giving engineers the shaft once again.
89 Night Elf Mage
I too will only be placing Bling for myself now. Before patch hit I always placed Bling in a public area and called out that he was up. No longer. We the community was having too much fun and u know Blizz's stance on too much fun......... nerf it to the ground.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/01/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Lirias
I too will only be placing Bling for myself now. Before patch hit I always placed Bling in a public area and called out that he was up. No longer. We the community was having too much fun and u know Blizz's stance on too much fun......... nerf it to the ground.

so before you dropped it so everyone could get stuff, bliz adds more stuff that everyone can get so now they have nerfed fun?
98 Human Hunter
I haven't seen anything about it being a weekly, and I can only do the quest on one character still. Very Very disappointed I wasted all those mats for it when I could have used one of the hundreds already made for a once a week per account chance to get random junk.
86 Dwarf Priest
More stuff for me this morning ='ed an extra 50s glove...
100 Human Paladin
It does seem to be once a day per account. Sad. While engineering is fun it lacks the gold making abilities of the other toons. As a guild we enjoy being able to all dress alike while questing, thanks for that small added feature. I still set down Blings when I can, but now have to endure screams about how I am somehow cheating people out of their prizes. It is a downer Bliz. Please bring the Bling back into our lives!

*I cannot confirm this cross realms... I do not have a high enough toon on another server to test that.
Edited by Gweenie on 12/2/2012 8:06 AM PST
100 Human Mage
12/01/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Ayrie
I haven't seen anything about it being a weekly, and I can only do the quest on one character still. Very Very disappointed I wasted all those mats for it when I could have used one of the hundreds already made for a once a week per account chance to get random junk.

It was glitched earlier this week so that, when you complete his daily, the quest won't show up again, no matter what day it is. It has since been fixed. That's probably why he thought it was a weekly.
96 Tauren Druid
For everyone being selfish now and not sharing, I have one thing to say...

Santa's watching
100 Human Paladin
There is no reason to not share... The Blingtron gives willingly and there is no way to control the roll. Putting it down for all means many may have already "blinged" today and will not be able to access it anyway. So wait until everyone gathers round and throw a party bomb and be happy!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]